The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2013, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beatrice's trip to NY was a very quick one: London on Saturday, London again on Wednesday. Eugenie's not in London though, is she?

And no Zara and Mike, and Sophie with the kids?

Old 12-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by julliette View Post
Beatrice's trip to NY was a very quick one: London on Saturday, London again on Wednesday. Eugenie's not in London though, is she?

And no Zara and Mike, and Sophie with the kids?
Yes to Zara and Sophie and kids.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie and her children were there, they arrived in their land rover. Sophie was seen leaving in their Jag though, minus the children. Rex Features has photos of them arriving.
Old 12-18-2013, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Viscount Linley and Margarita Armstrong-Jones arriving in that tiny car is the best thing I have seen yet

Old 12-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

I knew the children would be there with their parents. It's always a big and private family gathering. Good to know the family has got a chance to meet George and Maude.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2013, 01:20 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't see pics of Gloucesters except The Duke and The Duchess
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Might be wrong thread - Charles and Camilla Christmas Card

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas card | Western Daily Press

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Nice picture, although I wish Charles & Camilla would pose for a official picture on their Christmas Cards. I think it would've been nice to even include the Cambridge's and Prince Harry. Their family has grown, I would want to capture that, IMO.
From what I've seen over the years, they usually pick out a photo of just the two of them in kind of a happy intimate moment together. I think this is much nicer than a posed, formal photo. We have to remember too that these are the cards that they send to personal family and friends so I think something more "official" would be out of place.

As far as the Cambridges and Harry go, they're old enough and basically on their own that they'd be sending out their own holiday greetings.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Courtier

Nice to see all of them, especially the Duchess of Kent (where's the mister?) and all those "Lady"s whom we dont see regularly..
One little family I really missed was The Earl of Ulster (the only consistently-classy dude in the entire bunch) and the little Lord cute Culloden..
Anyways, George V and Mary must be glad for Lillibet keeping their clan together though sometimes I wish the Lascalles were also as close to mainstream..
Old 12-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Might be wrong thread - Charles and Camilla Christmas Card

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall's Christmas card | Western Daily Press
this was one of those times they could not quit laughing I think?
Old 12-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Say what you will about Camilla, but Charles is a much more comfortable, relaxed and happy individual since they married.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
Say what you will about Camilla, but Charles is a much more comfortable, relaxed and happy individual since they married.
Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The royal family tend to only include couples with children and once those children are independent they are no longer included on the cards etc. This was the same with The Queen. She stopped having her children once they were out on their own with their own families and this is the case now for Charles - his sons are independent and William has a family of his own now.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If you include the Cambridges and Harry, then in fairness you must include Camilla's children, their spouses and her grandchildren - far easier to just do the couple.
Old 12-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

William and Harry haven't been on Charles's Christmas card for a while now. It been Camilla and him ever since they got married. They took family photos shot at George's christening which are probably proudly displayed at Clarence House.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:52 PM
Royal Highness

It would be nice to see some of the Lascelles family too.. Princess Mary's sons were first cousins to the Queen... since this is for extended family.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Aristocracy

I'm confused. Caption on the picture of the Queen said she was arriving as well. Doesn't she live there? Or perhaps she was returning from a morning engagement?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh I agree totally. He is a lot more comfortable in his own skin and isn't afraid to loosen up and just enjoy where he is. I do really think that Camilla does bring out the best in him.
I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketmom View Post
I think a lot of people have reached the opinion that Charles and Diana should have never gotten together. Of course, I'm glad they did simply because we have William and Harry as a result.
I don't think that marriage was a mistake either and there were happy moments, smiles and joy then too.

I think it's just great to see the whole family together and happy. They spend a great of time apart and traveling all over the place during the year, it's times like this that the royals get a chance to catch up with the family and chat. They really look forward to doing that.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
christmas