The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2020, 06:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
[......]

I don't think it's that big of a deal that perhaps the Wessexes and the Cambridges were too close at times. They've all shown that they adhere to the guidelines since the pandemic started. If anything, those of us that complain about their "goof up" and even those that aren't complaining, have had a "reminder" that guidelines are still very much out there and we should follow them for our own health and the health of others.

Old 12-22-2020, 06:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

I don't think it's that big of a deal that perhaps the Wessexes and the Cambridges were too close at times. They've all shown that they adhere to the guidelines since the pandemic started. If anything, those of us that complain about their "goof up" and even those that aren't complaining, have had a "reminder" that guidelines are still very much out there and we should follow them for our own health and the health of others.
You are right, life of a certain type still goes on.
I think there is also the point that has been made before that you cannot always judge from a photograph.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
I’m not thrilled with this person (who clearly was wanted to be close enough to get good photos) ratting out their Royals, either. Frankly, that ticks me off. I think the C’s and W’s should have done a better job, but I’m not angry with them or all “how dare they” - I have no doubt they didn’t have bad intentions. That said, I still think this wasn’t organized as well as it could have been.
"Ratting out"? They're adult royals disregarding restrictions that the whole country is severely affected by. It doesn't exactly take rocket science to work out that that's gonna rub people the wrong way and as such, it shouldn't be be difficult for the Cambridges and Wessexes to work out that obviously people weren't gonna stay quiet about it. If the royals don't care to follow the restrictions, why should their plebs?

[.....] Yes, you can argue that a such attraction shouldn't even be open in the middle of a pandemic. But it is and the Cambridges and Wessexes decided to go. That is what that is on both parts but the least they could do was to follow the rules. It's not bloody difficult to not meet up.

And if they must break the restrictions (which they don't), as public figures – someone people are mean to look up to – at least they could've done it behind closed doors. It takes a special kind of ignorance to stomp out to a public attraction, clearly a party of 9, when the restrictions unequivocally say 6 people (including children) or less. There's no excusing this unless your argument is that they're somehow too dense to count to 6 (which it seems pretty obvious to me that none of them are).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
For a royal blunder to become a reminder for everyone else, the royals in question would have to actually acknowledge that they made a mistake which, to the best of my knowledge, the Cambridges and Wessexes haven't. On the contrary, courtiers are still trying to argue that they were there as two separate parties and that they kept their distance which is evidently not the case

Old 12-22-2020, 11:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
"Ratting out"? They're adult royals disregarding restrictions that the whole country is severely affected by. It doesn't exactly take rocket science to work out that that's gonna rub people the wrong way and as such, it shouldn't be be difficult for the Cambridges and Wessexes to work out that obviously people weren't gonna stay quiet about it. If the royals don't care to follow the restrictions, why should their plebs?

[.....] Yes, you can argue that a such attraction shouldn't even be open in the middle of a pandemic. But it is and the Cambridges and Wessexes decided to go. That is what that is on both parts but the least they could do was to follow the rules. It's not bloody difficult to not meet up.

And if they must break the restrictions (which they don't), as public figures – someone people are mean to look up to – at least they could've done it behind closed doors. It takes a special kind of ignorance to stomp out to a public attraction, clearly a party of 9, when the restrictions unequivocally say 6 people (including children) or less. There's no excusing this unless your argument is that they're somehow too dense to count to 6 (which it seems pretty obvious to me that none of them are).
Thank you

[.....] .....the whole 'bottle neck'. It has been reported both families went before the park opened. And they were scheduled 15 minutes apart. Those photos were taken near the end of their trip through the walk as at the start they were alone out there. It would not have been difficult for them to keep their distance from each other.

If they were Mr and Mrs Jane Doe and Mr and Mrs Mike Smith with their kids they would have faced a fine if they had been caught.

As for the people who took the photo 'clearly being too close'. Those photos were not closer then six feet. Even without taking into account who took them would have used zoom to get even closer to take them.

Maybe the two families should make a donation to a covid charity (the amount that most people would have got fined) to say 'We are not completely tone deaf, and we know we should be leading by example.'
Old 12-22-2020, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well, this was last year, but it’s kind of about this year...and it’s such a wonderful thing...

Quote:
The heirs to the throne came together with Queen Elizabeth II to bake some Christmas pudding in 2019 and they’re now giving it to military veterans to eat.

The sweet creations, which were handmade by Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George, have been delivered to veterans across the United Kingdom and the world as part of the Royal British Legion’s Together at Christmas initiative. The program helps bring holiday cheer to those to experience loneliness and isolation during this time of year.

On Tuesday morning, one of the recipients, Ethel, who was a nurse during World War II, spoke to “BBC Breakfast” about receiving the pudding, “It’s wonderful, isn’t it?” she said. “Especially because last weekend was my 100th birthday.”
[

https://etcanada.com/news/727730/the...-ready-to-eat/
Old 12-23-2020, 02:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
There's a pretty significant difference between the two cases which is that Sturgeon actually owns up to and apologises for her mistake. I have yet to see any kind of accountability on the BRF's part. On the contrary, it seems their people are still trying to justify the meet-up.
Yep - I expect Sophie will be apologizing soon. She was the one who should have hung back with Edward and demonstrated to Louise and James to do the same.
Old 12-23-2020, 04:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't all of this (The Royals, Sturgeon, members own actions) just show how easy it is to break the rules even without meaning to? I know I have at times, not meaning to but these things happen sadly, but if people are trying to stay within the rules it means any breaking of the rules is at least relatively small and the whole point of the rules is to keep people safe.

Shall we get back to some Christmas cheer now?
Old 12-23-2020, 04:43 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Doesn't all of this (The Royals, Sturgeon, members own actions) just show how easy it is to break the rules even without meaning to? I know I have at times, not meaning to but these things happen sadly, but if people are trying to stay within the rules it means any breaking of the rules is at least relatively small and the whole point of the rules is to keep people safe.

I totally agree with you! Mistakes happens, unless you deliberately attended mass gathering like protests and raves.

Let's get on to Christmas!
Old 12-23-2020, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry I disagree. Royals and government officials have aides, advisors, and/or assistants to help them in this regard so that they can avoid "mistakes" or breaches.
There are paid people who advise the royals to for example tell the Cambridges abd Wessexes not to attend the light show on the same day out of concerns for it looking like they are violating the rule of six.

It's reckless behavior and the more frequently it happens it makes it seem that they feel like they are above the law.
Old 12-23-2020, 07:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post

I posted something cheery, but everyone if ignored it ! I’ll post it again, lol..

My last word on the hot topic is that I still both families and the estate were at fault...but I’m not outraged about it because their intentions were not malicious. I do think the Cambridge’s and Wessexes should apologize, because it really is a bad look even if it was inadvertent.

I posted this earlier, but it got lost in the argument.

Well, this was last year, but it’s kind of about this year...and it’s such a wonderful thing...

Quote:
The heirs to the throne came together with Queen Elizabeth II to bake some Christmas pudding in 2019 and they’re now giving it to military veterans to eat.

The sweet creations, which were handmade by Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George, have been delivered to veterans across the United Kingdom and the world as part of the Royal British Legion’s Together at Christmas initiative. The program helps bring holiday cheer to those to experience loneliness and isolation during this time of year.

On Tuesday morning, one of the recipients, Ethel, who was a nurse during World War II, spoke to “BBC Breakfast” about receiving the pudding, “It’s wonderful, isn’t it?” she said. “Especially because last weekend was my 100th birthday.”

Old 12-23-2020, 08:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

British Royal Christmas 2008-2020

[.....]

I frankly don’t find what [.....] the Cambridges/Wessexes did particularly notable. Or worth getting upset about.

For the C/W, they were outside, they looked pretty far apart to me, and I believe them when they say it wasn’t planned. I don’t expect people to ignore each other. From what I heard about this event it would be hard for anyone to be perfect regardless of intentions, especially with kids involved and people walking at different speeds. If you want perfection- make it drive- thru. Or cancel it. Otherwise, these things can and will happen.

[.....]
What I consider a good deal more egregious are people traveling when they’re not supposed to/have told people not to or having large group gatherings (indoors in particular). Especially if you set the rules. Or are loudly telling people to follow them. Things that don’t look like a little mistake that can happen to anyone so much as deciding the rules aren’t applicable to you.

[.....]
Old 12-23-2020, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I posted this earlier, but it got lost in the argument.

Aww thank you for sharing. The Christmas pudding video was so cute especially when George was enthusiastically stirring the pudding and his great-grandmother was trying to stay out of the splash zone. I was unaware that the puddings would be aged for a year and then distributed around the world. Congratulations to Ethel on her 100th birthday!
Old 12-23-2020, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

A number of off topic and/or bickering posts have been deleted. They added nothing to the discussion, and are unpleasant for the majority of forum members to wade through. Any further posts along those lines will be deleted without notice.

It's time to move on.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately for those who had reserved times after Christmas Eve, they won't be able to view the display. Even though public and heritage gardens are allowed to be open in Tier 4, the display will be closing. Norfolk will be moving into Tier 4 restrictions starting at midnight on Christmas.

The Luminate site had this message on their page.
Quote:
Following the latest update by the Government and with Norfolk moving into Tier 4 from Midnight on Christmas Day, it is with deep regret that we have to announce that Luminate Sandringham will not proceed after our final night on Christmas Eve. (Christmas Eve will take place as planned).
We have consulted with all of our stakeholders partners and feel that, whilst public gardens and outdoor heritage sites can remain open within Tier 4, it is not in the spirit of what is trying to be achieved throughout the Country for Luminate Sandringham to remain open. We are incredibly disappointed that we are not able to complete our run at Luminate Sandringham.
https://luminate.live/sandringham-estate

I believe that this might be the first time that Queen Elizabeth, Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward will be celebrating Christmas in the manner that their spouses have done so for many years before marrying into the BRF. This year they can stay in their casual clothes, indulge in endless puzzles, games of Monopoly or Mario Kart, and have the cozy holiday that so many in the UK enjoy year after year.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:57 PM
Serene Highness

Royal Christmas Card send from and signed by the then Duke and Duchess of York (future George VI and Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother). Three year old Princess Elizabeth (now Elizabeth II) was also in the picture, standing between the future King and Queen.

Last week, The Prince of Wales thanked to postal workers, as they delivered (potentially) the "biggest festive mailbag" in Royal Mail history.

The Royal Family @RoyalFamily
This Royal Christmas card from the #RoyalArchives dates from 1929 and shows The Duke and Duchess of York (the future King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother) and their three-year-old daughter, Princess Elizabeth of York (now The Queen).
4:01 AM · Dec 24, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @RoyalFamily
[Postbox] Last week The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse paid thanks to the country’s postal workers, as they worked hard to deliver what is likely to be the biggest festive mailbag in @RoyalMail’s 504 year history.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...91117243772933
Old 12-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Aww thank you for sharing. The Christmas pudding video was so cute especially when George was enthusiastically stirring the pudding and his great-grandmother was trying to stay out of the splash zone. I was unaware that the puddings would be aged for a year and then distributed around the world. Congratulations to Ethel on her 100th birthday!
You’re welcome ! I adored that video - it was a wonderful family scene !

Quote:
Unfortunately for those who had reserved times after Christmas Eve, they won't be able to view the display. Even though public and heritage gardens are allowed to be open in Tier 4, the display will be closing. Norfolk will be moving into Tier 4 restrictions starting at midnight on Christmas.

The Luminate site had this message on their page.
https://luminate.live/sandringham-estate

I believe that this might be the first time that Queen Elizabeth, Charles, Anne, Andrew, and Edward will be celebrating Christmas in the manner that their spouses have done so for many years before marrying into the BRF. This year they can stay in their casual clothes, indulge in endless puzzles, games of Monopoly or Mario Kart, and have the cozy holiday that so many in the UK enjoy year after year.
Then they can all read each other later about their ugly sweaters and pajamas, lol

What a beautiful photo of the Yorks...and what a lovely gesture by Charles to a group of people who are working incredibly hard to deliver Christmas to so many...
Old 12-23-2020, 08:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Royal Christmas Card send from and signed by the then Duke and Duchess of York (future George VI and Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother). Three year old Princess Elizabeth (now Elizabeth II) was also in the picture, standing between the future King and Queen.

Last week, The Prince of Wales thanked to postal workers, as they delivered (potentially) the "biggest festive mailbag" in Royal Mail history.

This Royal Christmas card from the #RoyalArchives dates from 1929 and shows The Duke and Duchess of York (the future King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother) and their three-year-old daughter, Princess Elizabeth of York (now The Queen).

Replying to @RoyalFamily
[Postbox] Last week The Prince of Wales @ClarenceHouse paid thanks to the country’s postal workers, as they worked hard to deliver what is likely to be the biggest festive mailbag in @RoyalMail’s 504 year history.

https://twitter.com/RoyalFamily/stat...91117243772933

What a charming photo of the Yorks with their darling daughter.

Not surprised that Charles is honoring the nation's hardworking postal workers.

Also the PoW and Duchess of Cornwall will be participating in a reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Christmas.html
Old 12-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Not sure if this should be on Charles/Camilla thread or here, but its Christmas so I put it here.

The couple were involved in a recording of 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' for the Actors Benevolent fund. It will be on their social media account tomorrow in full.

The information from majesty

Quote:
THE PRINCE OF WALES AND THE DUCHESS OF CORNWALL RECORD READING OF 'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have recorded a very special reading of the poem ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas. After an approach by the Actors’ Benevolent Fund, and hearing first-hand about the difficulties the theatre and film industries have faced this year, the Prince conceived the idea of an ensemble reading.
The Prince and the Duchess recorded the poem at their London home, Clarence House, and extended an invitation for a small number of actors to come to the residence to record the poem individually and in accordance with COVID-19 regulations over the past couple of weeks.
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall were joined in the recording of ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by:
Dame Judi Dench
Dame Maggie Smith
Daniel Craig
Ncuti Gatwa
Joanna Lumley OBE
Tom Hardy CBE
Dame Penelope Keith (President of the Actors Benevolent Fund)
Actor’s Benevolent Fund
The ABF has received more applications for help in 2020 than ever before. And, prior to the pandemic the largest group of beneficiaries that the ABF supported were over retirement age, but in the last year the majority is now the 18-49 age group.
In April the ABF launched an Emergency Grant Fund to support actors, actresses and stage managers experiencing immediate financial hardship owning to coronavirus. The grants have helped people with things like rent arrears, urgent bill payments, and also the costs of everyday essentials - particularly where people are living in areas that Universal Credit does not meet someone’s full financial needs (e.g. renters living in big cities).
In addition to its Emergency Grant Fund, the ABF continues to support people who are ill or injured. This type of support is based on the needs of the individual, with the aim of helping people maintain their independence - we’ve made grants for mobility aids, mental health support, and help with household bills in recent weeks.
The full version of the film will be available on Clarence House social media channels from 1000 GMT tomorrow, 24th December.

https://www.facebook.com/majestymaga...1188415913799/

A little out take on their social media

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJJ47v8DvPD/
Old 12-23-2020, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
What a charming photo of the Yorks with their darling daughter.

Not surprised that Charles is honoring the nation's hardworking postal workers.

Also the PoW and Duchess of Cornwall will be participating in a reading of "Twas the Night Before Christmas."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...Christmas.html
That’s wonderful...it’s a magical poem, and for a great cause.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
That’s wonderful...it’s a magical poem, and for a great cause.

It is. That was a really nice thing to do.

Tags
christmas