The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-19-2020, 06:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
Berkshire's just been put under the new Tier 4 restrictions, so no-one will be visiting Windsor over Christmas :-( - household visiting is completely banned in those areas. I would think that the Queen, like everyone else affected, is thoroughly fed up!
Oh no, that’s a shame; I was so happy that Charles was going to visit his parents......It feels like there’s no end in sight to this blasted virus.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:19 AM
Serene Highness

There's a new strain of the virus in South East England, and the idea is to try to stop it spreading. Seeing as there were so many people at London railway stations last night, heading off to other parts of the country before the new rules came into force this morning - despite having been told not to - I'm afraid that the chances of containing it may be low :-(. Just as the vaccine brought hope, this has happened! The Queen probably feels like starting her speech with "Look, folks, Philip and I are as P.O.d as the rest of you"! But I'm sure she'll have something inspirational to say. We need it!

Old 12-20-2020, 05:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
There's a new strain of the virus in South East England, and the idea is to try to stop it spreading. Seeing as there were so many people at London railway stations last night, heading off to other parts of the country before the new rules came into force this morning - despite having been told not to - I'm afraid that the chances of containing it may be low :-(. Just as the vaccine brought hope, this has happened! The Queen probably feels like starting her speech with "Look, folks, Philip and I are as P.O.d as the rest of you"! But I'm sure she'll have something inspirational to say. We need it!
Oh, I think it’s the right thing to do ...it’s just so sad. People have sacrificed so much to this virus - lives, of course, and also precious family time, especially with their elderly loved ones. That’s why I was so happy that Charles was going to visit Windsor even for just a brief time.

I saw photos of those train stations....absolutely mobbed. I, too, fear that this is going to spread....and if it is a new strain, then the new vaccines won’t be effective.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I suspect the royals will be having a Zoom Christmas like most of us! The pandemic doesn't discriminate.
I'd love to know what the Duke of Edinburgh makes of zoom
Old 12-20-2020, 06:24 AM
Serene Highness

He's probably quite into it! He's always been a fan of new technology.
Old 12-21-2020, 09:33 AM
Courtier

I read where the Queen's speech is going to be broadcast over Alexa.
Old 12-21-2020, 10:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
He's probably quite into it! He's always been a fan of new technology.
And I'm sure he loves being able to mute people at the touch of a button

I read somewhere that HM was trying to wait as long as possible to record the speech to be able to include any Brexit developments so I wouldn't be at all surprised if she mentions the latest development. Either way I'm sure she will find the right words
Old 12-21-2020, 10:14 AM
Courtier

I haven't read anything about it but I assume no walk to church in Christmas clothes. Sad I always look at the DM's pictures they usually have the best and the earliest.
Old 12-21-2020, 12:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Just like for everyone else who celebrates Christmas, this new, but necessary lockdown, is devastating for the BRF

Quote:
But both the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall had hoped to visit at some point, as had the Earl and Countess of Wessex, potentially just outside.

Instead, the Prince and Duchess are likely to remain at Highgrove, Glos, which is in Tier 2, although they will be hoping for a visit from the Duchess’s two children and grandchildren on Christmas Day.

A Clarence House source said: “Obviously, they will adhere to all the guidelines.”

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will spend Christmas with their children as a family-of-five at their Norfolk home, Anmer Hall, having decamped from Kensington Palace when Prince George, seven, and Princess Charlotte, five, finished school two weeks ago.

They had originally planned to travel to Bucklebury, Berks, to spend time with the Middletons, along with the Duchess’s sister, Pippa Matthews, her husband James and son Arthur.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...r-enters-tier/
Old 12-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am guessing lots of folks will be using zoomthis Christmas.

LaRae
Old 12-21-2020, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Don't know if Zoom will make an appearance here this year. Hubby just got an upgrade to a smartphone and spent a considerable amount of time just learning to make a video call. Don't want to overload the guy and i don't do phones at all. Video or not.

With the BRF "zooming" to visit, at least they can see one another and interact. i smiled ear to ear just seeing my brother on the screen for a video call. I don't see him often at all and definitely miss him dearly this time of the year.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsypaige View Post
Just like for everyone else who celebrates Christmas, this new, but necessary lockdown, is devastating for the BRF

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...r-enters-tier/

Yes Bestypaige. Sad and necessary for the health of everyone in the UK based BRF and that includes all of their respective household staff, RPOs and their families. However considering that the pool of working BRF members have repeatedly demonstrated their pragmatism and adaptability since late March, I would not be surprised that they'd all prepared for the possibility that they'd be in separate households for the holidays. IMHO plans A, B, C and onward were in place to ensure a safe and Happy Christmas.
Old 12-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Don't know if Zoom will make an appearance here this year. Hubby just got an upgrade to a smartphone and spent a considerable amount of time just learning to make a video call. Don't want to overload the guy and i don't do phones at all. Video or not.

With the BRF "zooming" to visit, at least they can see one another and interact. i smiled ear to ear just seeing my brother on the screen for a video call. I don't see him often at all and definitely miss him dearly this time of the year.
Zoom is pretty neat, we did one earlier this year with 3 or 4 other family members at the same time, it was pretty cool!
Old 12-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Majesty

The Cambridge and Wessex at a Sandringham attraction seeing the Christmas lights with the kids
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...roup-nine.html
Old 12-21-2020, 07:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see them getting into some Christmas spirit! As for the "rule breaking" - yawn much!
Old 12-22-2020, 12:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes big yawn. Silly of people to expect royals to set a good example for the public.

I mean so tiring. Can you imagine the audacity of commoners who are struggling in lockdown not able to see their families, complaining royals are flaunting those rules? The common people should be truly ashamed.

Its nice the families got out to see the lights. Festive look

But they should have followed the rules. Just because they didn't plan it, didnt mean they couldn't have avoided making it a family mixer.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:18 AM
Serene Highness

Rebecca English has tweeted out a chain of three tweets.
Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail
Exclusive in today’s #DailyMail, William and Kate are accused of inadvertently flouting the ‘rule of six’ after meeting Prince Edward and his family at an attraction on the Queen’s Sandringham Estate. Tier 2 rules say only six people - including children - can meet up outdoors.
6:28 PM · Dec 22, 2020·Twitter for iPad

Replying to @RE_DailyMail
This is a story that will divide people
It seems clear the families have inadvertently broken govt regulations
The rules state only six, including children, can meet outdoors in Tier 2
But many will feel the issue of ‘mingling’ has been confusing and problematic from the start
6:28 PM · Dec 22, 2020·Twitter for iPad

Replying to @RE_DailyMail
Govt ministers have said just stopping to talk to another family is breaking the rules. Here the two groups weren’t even speaking from a distance to each other, but walking around and chatting.
However they stress they didn’t go to the estate together or intend to meet up....
6:38 PM · Dec 22, 2020·Twitter for iPad
https://twitter.com/RE_DailyMail/sta...86867526934529

On a different note, it continues to surprise me how tall Lady Louise Windsor is. Yes, she is turning 18 next year and both of her parents are considered tall. I think James, Viscount Severn, Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis are probably going to be tall.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness

This is actually on the front page of the Mail. Infection rates across the country have gone up by 62% in a week, and have almost trebled in some areas. Transport links to other countries have been cut off. This is by the far the biggest crisis since 1945. But, hey, let's make the front page headline the news that 9 members of the Royal Family have been for a walk together! All right, it was breaking the rules, but does it really need to be front page news?!
Old 12-22-2020, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

I guess the Press are shifting their anger from Tobias Ellwood (and previously Kay Burley & rest of Sky journalists who attended her birthday party or even Jeremy Corbyn attending an indoor night in) to the Royal Family.

Dominic West was also caught of breaking the "rule of six" by attending an outdoor meal with a group of seven, but with no children. They were apparently in Wiltshire, which is in Tier 2, similar to Sandringham.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-rule-six.html
Old 12-22-2020, 03:50 AM
Royal Highness

It is an exclusive - with pics. So that alone will be the reason it is on the front page. And it is a very slow news week. Nothing but corona and brexit.

I went to one of these light parks last week and it is really difficult to keep the social distancing. I often stopped and waiting for the family ahead of us and the family behind us - we often walking next to us.

The Wessex were 15 min behind the Cambridge's - I can easily see them getting mingled.

Tags
christmas