The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
I think it would be nice if Princess Eugenie and Jack and Princess Beatrice and Edoardo spent Christmas at Sandringham with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip.
Edo won't be there. He has family in the UK and will therefore spend Christmas with them.

I would like Eugenie and Jack to spend Christmas with Jack's family sometimes as well as with hers. She is so minor a member of the BRF that it really doesn't matter where she spends Christmas.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

A list part of Christmas should be spent with Grandparents, giving their age...

Old 12-08-2019, 08:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have read that Edoardo and Beatrice will spend Christmas apart, but will reunite for New Years.

They will spend New Years on the Mozzi property in Lamu, Kenya like they did last year.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-14-2019, 10:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal pastry chefs are excited to share their recipe for ‘Cinnamon Stars’ with you to enjoy over Christmas

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6DguHont3-/
Old 12-14-2019, 12:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Edo won't be there. He has family in the UK and will therefore spend Christmas with them.

I would like Eugenie and Jack to spend Christmas with Jack's family sometimes as well as with hers. She is so minor a member of the BRF that it really doesn't matter where she spends Christmas.
The BRF Christmas celebrations are private and Eugenie is just as important in the family as is William! They're both equally HM's grandchildren.
Old 12-15-2019, 06:00 PM
Heir Apparent

DM reporting staff party Monday and family lunch Wednesday, then HM will do State Opening Thursday. Guess we'll see her travel to Sandringham Thurs afternoon (usually Queen's speech from Throne is done by 12, back at BP by half past, change and time to jump on train) or first thing Friday ready to start her break, much needed this year it feels.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:11 AM
Royal Highness

DM is trying to make a stink about the Sussexes not being at Buckingham Palace Christmas events this week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-parties.html

It's within their six week break and the Queen knew about it.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

BP released a statement about it before they even left saying they wouldn't be there and it wasn't a big deal and had been done before by other members of the family etc etc.

It's just the media trying to sell stories

LaRae
Old 12-16-2019, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince George and Princess Charlotte will take part in the royal family's traditional Christmas Day walk this year, according to a report.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-make-21105568
Old 12-16-2019, 11:28 AM
Courtier

Ministry of Forestry in Fiji sent Prince Harry a Christmas Card; with updates on the "Dakua" tree that he planted during his visit there last year, as part of HM's Commonwealth Canopy.

https://theworldnews.net/fj-news/min...arry-with-love
Old 12-16-2019, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Prince George and Princess Charlotte will take part in the royal family's traditional Christmas Day walk this year, according to a report.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...-make-21105568
I think that will be the right decision. The children are old enough to now be introduced to a limited form of public duties like this.
Old 12-16-2019, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

I am just hoping we see James walking with a proper coat.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think that will be the right decision. The children are old enough to now be introduced to a limited form of public duties like this.
Plus it will be really nice to see them on Christmas day.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Query whether the venue for the royal christmas celebrations would shift from Sandringham to Windsor, or even Balmoral?
I've read on more than one occasion that Charles intends to turn over Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House to the National Trust when he becomes King. He would still keep ownership and overall control of the estates but apparently he has said he will have no use for the houses themselves. Interesting.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Camilla joins him there after seeing her grandchildren.

I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.
Old 12-16-2019, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I had a feeling we would see them this year. It makes sense with all that is going on. We probably will see the Tindalls as well.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.
And they are Andrew 's children ...
They have found a good balance between public/private life and they seem quite pleased by this arrangement ...
Old 12-16-2019, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
They aren't invited to any royal do's at all - unless they are known to the main figure. The Queen isn't that close to them and she wants her family there - not Charles' step-family.

I am not sure we will see much more of them when Charles is King as it is clear that Camilla likes to keep that side of her life separate from her royal side.

Not having them at Sandringham is also a good excuse to Charles and Camilla to leave quite early (after the Queen's Message) so Camilla can spend the rest of Christmas in the more relaxed environment of her own family and Charles can set off to the privacy of Scotland. He sometimes sticks around for the Boxing Day shoot but often is in Scotland by nightfall on Christmas Day and stays there for most of January. Charles spends more time at Birkhall than almost anywhere else - January, the two weeks at least around Easter, August and September and the last week of December.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.

I’m also in the cynical camp I’m afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.

Tags
christmas