British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Maybe they were already there, Prince Edward and Countess of Wessex have apartment in Buckingham Palace ;)

Does somebody have a link from that video footage with Queen and Lady Louise?
I have seen ,i think, some pictures of baby Lady Louise and Queen with present, but would like to see a video :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks free2rhyme and Molly2101
Wow I really loved that scene :twohearts:. I would like to see more videos like this in the future :flowers:
Lady Louise is just like little Edward and now like Queen when she was little :).She will be a very very beautiful lady :)

That video was precious :D :wub:. I love the 'oooh!' from baby Louise, and Margarita with her blonde curls, handing the gift with such a solemn expression :D. Wonderful glimpses of Her Majesty behind closed doors.

Do we usually get pictures from the x-mas lunch form inside the palace? Did the Duke of York daughters attend?

We don't see anything from inside - it is a private lunch.

I would assume that the Yorks attended - but as Andrew has an apartment in BP we didn't get any pictures of them arriving - same with the Wessexes.

Prince Andrew was seen driving in so if his daughters were there I would have expected them to arrive with him. Neither were they seen leaving later on but I suppose it's hard to know for sure as this is such a private event.

It seems incongruous to see Zara with a ski cap on for a luncheon with the Queen, but casual has always been her style!

I still have hope to see the wessex's cristmas card for this year.

Personally, I think it sets a good austere message, well thought out. Luxury days are a thing of the past, at least for now. Everything must be considered and restraint should be exercised where possible.

Of course the rest of the party travelled by car - including the corgis. It if just the Queen who 'roughs it'.

Of course the rest of the party travelled by car - including the corgis. It if just the Queen who 'roughs it'.

This brought to mind an image of a car stuffed with half a dozen people and half a dozen dogs, suitcases, gifts, perhaps a tree and a case of wine... No wonder HM wanted to ride the train!

What really impressed me was the comments that followed the article. It really shows how much HM is in the hearts of people as they stood up for their Queen (and yes some Americans did too). They clearly believe that she rated better than just common, ordinary means of transportation even in these austere times.

I can just imagine Ladonga's version of that car heading to Sandringham too. Most likely with a rousing chorus of "Over the river and through the woods to Grandmother's house we go" too. :D

Yes, HM is a grand lady who certainly rates a car to whatever her destination may be, IMO, though I certainly respect her concession to austerity.

Last edited:
Yes, HM is a grand lady who certainly rates a car to whatever her destination may be, IMO, though I certainly respect her concession to austerity.

I think it's much more fun to travel by train!
You can always drive someplace. but a train...I really like trains. :flowers:

Well, if it's the ultra-luxurious Orient Express, then all aboard for me! Though that may not be in the spirit of austerity.;)

I agree with many posters on here in regards to Her Majesty traveling to Sandringham via train. It's only an hour and a half ride, so there's no reason to bring out the Royal Train. I think a trip that long in the car would be a bit much for a person of her age. There's no chance to get up and stretch one's legs, while on the train that is possible. She's showing solidarity and compassion to her subjects in time of economic hardship worldwide, that gives (at least me) yet another reason to respect and admire her.

I am pleased that the girls were able to attend their friend's wedding. Hopefully she will only have one in her lifetime while the girls will still have the main Christmas celebrations with their grandmother (but of course they are not allowed to see their mother on Christmas Day as she isn't allowed to even stay on the estate anymore - which she did the first few years after her separation and divorce).

It would be nice to see grandma Anne carrying Savannah to Christmas services.

Wonder if we will see images of her 1st birthday party.

It would be nice to see grandma Anne carrying Savannah to Christmas services.

Wonder if we will see images of her 1st birthday party.

I doubt it - we didn't get any pictures from her baptism except for them going into the church and/or coming out.

As Savannah is so far from the throne I think we should expect to see very little of her - even less then we have so far seen of Louise and James.

Louise hasn't yet made the walk to church - maybe this year - so I really do think that we won't see Savannah doing that walk, with or without her grandmother Anne.

are we going to see what she wear on christmas day

are we going to see what she wear on christmas day

We will see what she wears to church and that is all. We will not see anything inside Sandringham and as she is apparently not attending the boxing day shoot, and outfit for that won't be necessary.

We will see what she wears to church and that is all. We will not see anything inside Sandringham and as she is apparently not attending the boxing day shoot, and outfit for that won't be necessary.

I was under the impression that she wasn't going to be shooting. The Queen. Anne and Sophie attend the shoot but don't shoot - they watch, help with picking up the birds etc. The Queen controls some of the retriever dogs.

Would she really stay in the house while everyone else was out at the shoot?

Camilla always leaves on Boxing Day to go to her own family. The York girls do their own thing - although I have read that they frequently leave as well to go and see their mother now that she isn't invited to stay on the estate - when she was they would go and stay with her. Zara will be leaving on Boxing Day, if not late on Christmas Day, as Mike has a game to play on Boxing Day and has to get to a training session late on Christmas Day. Autumn is about 6 months pregnant and also has a young baby - so Kate could spend the day with her I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom