The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Where have you read the Sussexes may be at Anmer?
I hadn’t seen that.
There were several stories yesterday about “why the Cambridges wouldn’t be staying at Sandringham.”

Old 12-25-2018, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Where have you read the Sussexes may be at Anmer?
I hadn’t seen that.
There were several stories yesterday about “why the Cambridges wouldn’t be staying at Sandringham.”
The Sussexes may be staying at Anmer, I think, because the whole four were seen curtseying to the Queen. If they stayed at Sandringham, they would (probably) seen her earlier and didn't need to do it twice.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Nice, not too long, clip on YouTube of the royals departing church today.

Old 12-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fem View Post
The Sussexes may be staying at Anmer, I think, because the whole four were seen curtseying to the Queen. If they stayed at Sandringham, they would (probably) seen her earlier and didn't need to do it twice.
Ah, thanks. I wasn’t thinking about curtsies.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:58 AM
Majesty

Maybe it's just become a bit of a custom to see the Queen off from Church at Xmas with a bow/curtsey? I think all the royals headed off in the direction of the big house for lunch last year, and didn't Eugenie also curtsey on the Church steps last year? The Yorks wouldn't have been going to Anmer for lunch.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

They all go back to the big house for lunch and then listen to the Christmas message.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-25-2018, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It just doesn't sound logical to me that the Cambridges would stay at Sandringham's "Big House". The Queen's family has descended on this neck of the woods and with Amner Hall just practically down the road from the "Big House", there would be more room for overnight guests if the Cambridges and the Sussexes were lodged at Amner Hall for the festivities.

Pictures do paint 1000 words but the trick is to take them at face value and what you see is what you get. They're a snap in time of a family enjoying a holiday with the grand matriarch of the family. Aunts and Uncles and cousins by the dozens coming together on one of the infrequent occasions when they all *can* be together without conflicting schedules. They make the most of it.

Today is a day for family and like families around the world, they're spending it happily together.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:04 AM
Royal Highness

I will say that Meghan did a very nice curtsy to HM when they all left the church. Is showed she must of been taking advice on how to do it for this showed a very straight back and down she went. I like seeing women and men paying respect to HM and it showed today.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Nice, not too long, clip on YouTube of the royals departing church today.

Where was the Duchess of Cornwall ? And who was in the car with the Queen ?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Meghan curtsied last year, albeit less deep than this year, and was obviously at Sandringham.

I would expect William and Catherine to be at Anmer, but they would be spending today at Sandringham with the whole family.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Camilla is still sick with her cold....Andrew rode to the Church with the Queen...Beatrice rode back to the house with the Queen.

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Meghan curtsied last year, albeit less deep than this year, and was obviously at Sandringham.

I would expect William and Catherine to be at Anmer, but they would be spending today at Sandringham with the whole family.
Meghan and Harry stayed with the Cambridges last year....

LaRae
Old 12-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Where was the Duchess of Cornwall ? And who was in the car with the Queen ?
Duchess of Cornwall was not present. There was a rumor she's not feeling well and that's why she missed the Christmas Lunch last week.
I think Prince Andrew was in the car with the Queen.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

A very nice curtsey from Meghan! Last year her curtsey was fine, but she looked a bit ill at ease, this year she's got it down perfectly.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post

The Sussexes were with the Cambridges last year. Looks like they were back this year. The press seemed to get it wrong... again. Shocker.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Maybe it's just become a bit of a custom to see the Queen off from Church at Xmas with a bow/curtsey? I think all the royals headed off in the direction of the big house for lunch last year, and didn't Eugenie also curtsey on the Church steps last year? The Yorks wouldn't have been going to Anmer for lunch.
No, they are curtsying and bowing because it’s the first they’ve seen HMQ that day whereas the others would’ve curtsied and bowed at the house earlier. The York Princesses did not curtsy on the steps last year. They were standing right behind the Cambridges and Sussexes last year and watched as HMQ left.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Cue the tabloids! "Meghan forced to stay with Kate at Anmer by the Queen!"

Wait for it!

The tabloids have to come up with a new "drama" as to why they got it wrong that the Sussexes did in fact stay with the Cambridges this year!
Old 12-25-2018, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACO View Post
The Sussexes were with the Cambridges last year. Looks like they were back this year. The press seemed to get it wrong... again. Shocker.
There's not actually a great deal of comfortable space for everyone at Sandringham for overnight. At least, that's what I've heard discussed here previously.

But I didn't realize curtseying is any indication of not seeing the Queen again later.
Old 12-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Royal Highness

Of course Kate and Meghan weren't going to go Real Housewives at Sandringham. But look at the crowd reactions to both women. Smiles, hugs, flowers, pictures. The crowd didn't buy into the media noise and I don't think the public overall doesn't either. Meghan's curtsy was great. I wonder what gag gift Meghan was get - a box of Pampers (diapers, nappies)?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Typically they curtesy the first time they see the Queen (or senior royal) then they don't for the rest of that gathering.

LaRae
Old 12-25-2018, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
There's not actually a great deal of comfortable space for everyone at Sandringham for overnight. At least, that's what I've heard discussed here previously.

But I didn't realize curtseying is any indication of not seeing the Queen again later.
It’s an indication they haven’t seen her earlier today. Curtsying bowing at hello and goodbye. They don’t do it in church, so it’s right after the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Typically they curtesy the first time they see the Queen (or senior royal) then they don't for the rest of that gathering.

LaRae
I believe the curtsy and bow is only to HMQ and Prince Philip. They don’t curtsy or bow to any other fellow royal.

Now the REAL question from that video. Who forgot they are supposed to ride back with the Queen? Andrew or Beatrice? It looked like they were both surprised.

Tags
christmas