The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-20-2018, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Where were Eugenie and Jack yesterday? I never saw any photos of them.

LaRae
Supposedly Eugenie was sick (like Camilla) so they couldn't attend.
So Jack missed his first Christmas lunch.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:46 AM
Majesty

Apparently they were out partying late the night before. Who was the blonde lady who drove Autumn Phillips to the lunch? They were laughing together in the car.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen has arrived at King’s Lynn and on her way to Sandringham in Norfolk for the holidays-
https://mobile.twitter.com/royalfocu...36348705869824

No, The Duke of Edinburgh didn’t accompany her. He will probably arrive later.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2018, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Apparently they were out partying late the night before. Who was the blonde lady who drove Autumn Phillips to the lunch? They were laughing together in the car.
This is purely a guess, but I think she is either a friend or relative who comes with the Phillips to take care of their girls. That same woman has been photographed driving into or from the pre-Christmas lunch with the Phillipses other years. The nannies of the Cambridges, Zara & Mike and Freddie & Sophie were photographed- and I think I saw the Wessex nanny in Edward’s car.
Old 12-20-2018, 08:28 AM
Administrator

The Queen's arrival at Sandringham today:

** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: Christmas starts here! The Queen arrives alone in Norfolk by train for her annual festive break..**
Old 12-20-2018, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The Queen has arrived at King’s Lynn and on her way to Sandringham in Norfolk for the holidays-
https://mobile.twitter.com/royalfocu...36348705869824

No, The Duke of Edinburgh didn’t accompany her. He will probably arrive later.
Philip seems to spend most of his time at Windsor Castle these days.
At least, that is where he is usually photographed.

I'm surprised the Queen doesn't move Christmas celebrations back to Windsor since it seems their preferred residence.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Philip seems to spend most of his time at Windsor Castle these days.
At least, that is where he is usually photographed.

I'm surprised the Queen doesn't move Christmas celebrations back to Windsor since it seems their preferred residence.
Yes, Windsor and Sandringham is where Philip spends most of his time now. He just arrives at his own time.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.
Old 12-20-2018, 01:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Perhaps.
I know it's been said that Philip is often at Wood Farm but every recent photo shows him at Windsor.

I don't think he spends much time in Norfolk at all.
He’s usually at Sandringham when the family is there during the holidays. Then back to Windsor.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-20-2018, 01:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Hopefully the Duchess and Princess Eugenie will be on the mend by Christmas!
Old 12-21-2018, 01:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

I love the York Christmas cards.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2018, 06:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Kinda weird not seeing Sarah in them. Lovely cards though!

LaRae
Old 12-21-2018, 06:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
At first glance at the family picture in the card, I had to do a double take because at first, I thought Beatrice was Sarah. In that hat, she does look a lot like her mother.

Even though Sarah's name appears in the signatures on the card, I guess it was a concession to the divorce that she wouldn't be pictured. There's no mistaking though that its a family card.
It's Eugenie in the hat.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:07 AM
Royal Highness

Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:21 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
It's Eugenie in the hat.
Gaaaaah! My eyesight ain't what it used to be. Its not the first time I've gotten the two sisters mixed up. Thanks for pointing this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
Osipi, I find it odd that Sarah signed the Christmas Card when she was not in photos at all. Don't find it odd she is not included in picture as they are no longer married, just that her name was included. Modern ways, I guess. Something we would never have done in years past as against old "Emily Post" rules and regulations! I would have thought since she signed, a photo of her at wedding would have been enough if she wasn't to be included in the "new" family gathering shot. Anyway, all new ideas and I will admit I am enjoying each family's ways and their expressions of their own family unit now-a-days.
I do think the York family is something very unique. Its not often that you hear that the family has stayed together as a family unit with "the happiest divorce on Earth" and that the ex-wife is quoted as saying she's divorced *to* the ex-husband.

To be honest, I'd like to see more families like this.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ista View Post
I don't actually like the York Christmas card. It has an "everything but the kitchen sink" look, with a bunch of random photos. Sarah signing the card without being in one of the photos is the least of the problems with this card. I much prefer one strong, well composed photo rather than something that looks piecemeal.
I agree, it'all over the place. There's no one theme that ties the pictures together e.g.if there was the black and white one and the rest were wedding pics then fair enough but we also have Andrew at Trooping and then a random one of the girls at a party. I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I also think that if Sarah signed it she ought to be in at least one picture as it's clearly from her as much as it's from the rest of them.
I agree with this. She's either part of the family, or she's not. I think if she's signing the card, then she's good enough to be included in at least one of the photos, perhaps as someone upthread said, one of the wedding photos, where at least her presence makes sense. I wonder how she feels about being only partially included?
Old 12-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sometimes it’s Sarah that’s taking the pics. Sometimes it’s Andrew.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
christmas