British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.

I've heard of the "fab seven" back in 2012 : Queen, DOE, POW, DOC, Cambridges and Harry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never heard of the usage "Fab Four" before but I do think they seem tight. I'm happy that Harry finally has a companion and isn't just a third wheel or lone wolf of the Wales branch.

I think the original poster meant that’s what they’ve been dubbed today on Twitter once the pictures came out.

Meghan looked a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, especially around Camilla and Anne.

But she looked great at St Mary's church.

I wonder what is for dinner at Sandringham?

From what I know, the *big* dinner is Christmas Eve. After church they all do gather for a meal and then watch the Queen's Christmas message. This pretty much ends the Christmas celebrations and members of the family are free to come and go as they please. Camilla usually leaves to spend time with her children and grandchildren.

I think Meghan is going to fit in just fine. She seems to be taking everything in stride. Now that the big stuff is all over with, Harry and Meghan can just relax a bit and enjoy the rest of the holidays wherever they decide to go. :D

I think the original poster meant that’s what they’ve been dubbed today on Twitter once the pictures came out.

Correct. That's all I keep seeing them called today in the media.

I am not familiar with the CoE, but is the Christmas service a communion service ? It must have felt uncomfortable for Meghan who, not being even baptized, cannot take communion in the church.

Daniel Chatto, and [I assume] his Son..

Attachments

• chatto.jpg
    chatto.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 160
I am not familiar with the CoE, but is the Christmas service a communion service ? It must have felt uncomfortable for Meghan who, not being even baptized, cannot take communion in the church.

They had communion at the early service I believe .This was a carol service.

Meghan looked a bit uncomfortable at the beginning, especially around Camilla and Anne.

But she looked great at St Mary's church.

I wonder what is for dinner at Sandringham?

I don't think Camilla and Anne would be daunting in that way. I think it was more of the environment, with the big crowd and snapping press photogs.

Camilla has had her trials to be sure as far as joining the family, and strikes me as some who would be empathetic as far as the ever-present and sometimes quite raucous press.

Anne's experience in welcoming her son-in-law Mike and daughter-in-law Autumn makes me think Meghan will find kindness from Anne or friendly advice from Anne if she needs it. Anne's well-publicized disdain for Diana and Sarah Ferguson has given Anne a frosty reputation, but those two women broke a lot of cardinal rules of royalty, and even basic family loyalty.

This nice girl Meghan, who gets bad press for having self-confidence and ambition, is probably finding everyone at Sandringham welcoming and friendly.

I love that picture. I love Meghan's hat. It is everything I was hoping for. She and Kate both look so pretty.

As commenting any subtile sign from the BRF is a favourite sport on this forum, i would say that the shared car by the Queen and the Duchess of Cornwall is a HUGE statement, especially this year with the worlwide media attention regarding Meghan.

I do think everyone is looking quite good, not a fashion extravaganza but quite British and cozy.

This is the first time i can picture Ms Markel as a member of the BRF...

I thought their arrival together in the same car was a huge statement too. When Camilla got out of the car, I was surprised if wasn't Sophie since she usually rides with the Queen. I didn't realize it Camilla at first, but when I realized it was, all I could think was WOW!!!

Catherine looks lovely. The Queen and Camilla looks so festive in their outfits. Sophie is soooooo chic, love it. The York princesses look beautiful. Lady Sarah Chatto looks beautiful. Anne looks classy as always. Louise is growing up so fast. Autumn looks chic and hip.

I agree with everything you said. I am really a a fan of Autumn Phillips style. I love her hat. I am not sure what headgear Sophie is wearing, but it looks very pretty.

I don't think Camilla and Anne would be daunting in that way. I think it was more of the environment, with the big crowd and snapping press photogs.

Camilla has had her trials to be sure as far as joining the family, and strikes me as some who would be empathetic as far as the ever-present and sometimes quite raucous press.

Anne's experience in welcoming her son-in-law Mike and daughter-in-law Autumn makes me think Meghan will find kindness from Anne or friendly advice from Anne if she needs it. Anne's well-publicized disdain for Diana and Sarah Ferguson has given Anne a frosty reputation, but those two women broke a lot of cardinal rules of royalty, and even basic family loyalty.

This nice girl Meghan, who gets bad press for having self-confidence and ambition, is probably finding everyone at Sandringham welcoming and friendly.
Camilla was very enthusiastic when asked by press after the engagement was announced. In fact, out of Kate, Charles, William, and her, William was the most playful while Camilla was the most enthusiasti. So I don’t get the sense there would be an issues.

And either Times and Telegraph was reporting that Anne was asked by someone in the crowd about Meghan and Harry, and she said she thought they make a lovely couple. So I don’t really see any problems there. Besides, Anne is only Harry’s aunt, I don’t see how she would have any problems with Harry’s fiancée if everyone else in the Wales branch gets on with her. I’ll find the link and post it later.

From what I know, the *big* dinner is Christmas Eve. After church they all do gather for a meal and then watch the Queen's Christmas message. This pretty much ends the Christmas celebrations and members of the family are free to come and go as they please. Camilla usually leaves to spend time with her children and grandchildren.

I think Meghan is going to fit in just fine. She seems to be taking everything in stride. Now that the big stuff is all over with, Harry and Meghan can just relax a bit and enjoy the rest of the holidays wherever they decide to go. :D

Shortly after the Queen's speech Charles heads to Scotland most years while Camilla heads off to spend the rest of Christmas Day with her own children and grandchildren.

Andrew and his daughters also often leave then to go to Sarah - since she is no longer invited to even stay on the estate as she was while separated - so they say 'bye - we are going to spend the rest of the holidays with mummy'. This is usually when they head off to Switzerland. There are occasions when Andrew stays but rare for the girls.

Peter and Autumn also often leave if Autumns' family are close enough but if not they stay for a few more days while Zara and Mike, who weren't there this year preferring the warmth of a windy day in Sydney over a freezing day in Norfolk, would also leave shortly after the speech to go to Mike's family when in the UK.

The only reason so many were in on the 23rd this year was it was a weekend and so they could arrive Saturday and leave Monday whereas the norm is to arrive on Christmas Eve and leave on Christmas Day.

Interesting that last year, when staying with the Middleton's William and Kate took George and Charlotte to church but not this year when at Sandringham - probably because too many people would have been able to take pictures of them and it is clear that they want to control all pictures anyone in Britain has of them (note that even the pictures the Queen had at the speech were the 'official' ones - even heard this morning that she didn't have one of George so a member of staff had to run down to the BP shop and get a postcard of him to put in the frame for the filming of the shoot).

Kate looks so happy I’m sure she is thinking someone else to spread the load around , she’s blooming

Kate looks so happy I’m sure she is thinking someone else to spread the load around , she’s blooming

She really does. She finally has someone who is going though similar things and can share the media nonsense with. Has to be refreshing and it seems they get one well. Win/win.

Am I the only one who sobbed like a baby during the Queen’s speech? For some reason I found it very emotional.

A good friend sent me the transcript of the Queen's speech so I could read it and you're not alone, Gaudete, that speech put a big lump in my throat. It really hits (pun intended) home.

Shortly after the Queen's speech Charles heads to Scotland most years while Camilla heads off to spend the rest of Christmas Day with her own children and grandchildren.

Andrew and his daughters also often leave then to go to Sarah - since she is no longer invited to even stay on the estate as she was while separated - so they say 'bye - we are going to spend the rest of the holidays with mummy'. This is usually when they head off to Switzerland. There are occasions when Andrew stays but rare for the girls.

I'm glad to hear this. For some reason, I was under the impression that they were supposed to spend the entirety of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day there. Which seemed sad for people with other family not invited. So, it's nice to know they can still spend Christmas with other loved ones as well as with the Queen.

I wonder if George got that police car that he's been wanting. :D

A good friend sent me the transcript of the Queen's speech so I could read it and you're not alone, Gaudete, that speech put a big lump in my throat. It really hits (pun intended) home.

It really did make me weep! Maybe it’s because I’m getting so old. But as HM was speaking, I had a lump in my throat and then the tears came. I’m so proud of her! Just the right note.

These days I always get a lump in my throat when I watch the Queen's Christmas message, it;s always played a significant part of my Christmas all these years and this year in particular it was a very personal message.

The speech was very, very moving and very family centred which was echoed in each of family groups walking to church. Wales, York, Wessex, etc. all underlining the joy that only family can bring and that Christmas is a "family" celebration.

It also gave an idea to watchers of just how many "families" there are in the royal family and they were not even all present. Just underling that the people on the balcony after the Trooping of the Colour are all family. Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, nieces, nephews and nieces grandchildren, great-grandchildren, grandnephews and nieces. All extended family.

I love the way the "Fab Four" presented a united front, with William and Harry figuratively standing between the public and their wives, but also a family.

This is sweet..

This is a great pic. Meghan looke d great, but i am not a fan of that hat. Loved the color but it looked like a dome with a curly que on the side.

What wa up with york princess wearing sneakers. Unless she hurt her foot or something, that was once again a not a good look on her.

This is a great pic. Meghan looke d great, but i am not a fan of that hat. Loved the color but it looked like a dome with a curly que on the side.

What wa up with york princess wearing sneakers. Unless she hurt her foot or something, that was once again a not a good look on her.
Beatrice wore them to the first private church service--the ladies don't dress up for it. She wore heels to the big public walk service.

:previous: To be honest, I think the press only realised they attended early service for Holy Communion the first year after William and Catherine married! Now they have to get there early enough to get a good spot for the 0830hrs service and then hang around for the 1100hours Carol Service. They must all freeze their tooshes off!

I wonder if George got that police car that he's been wanting. [emoji3]
When I saw the letter I had visions of many people/organisations suddenly getting a police car posted - I really can't see that he didn't get one ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom