British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the queen stays at Windsor for Christmas it will be the first time since the early 90's .

Hopefully the queen will make the Christmas Day Church Service.

Knowing that HM is a devout Christian, I sincerely hope that she can attend the service as well. Her faith is likely to be a strong personal support for her in this first year of widowhood.:advent: If she's to remain at Windsor Castle, she could go to a private service at the Chapel of All Saints which she frequently attends during her weekends at WC. Or perhaps she'd consider the small chapel inside the castle. I don't see her attending a service at St. George's Chapel as that would likely have too many people in attendance.

Last edited:
I can't see her going to church. It's not just the actual service, it's the worry that crowds will turn out to watch.

It's all such a shame :-( .

But is she stays at Windsor the could close the Lower Court so that no people can come in. Therefore there would be no crowds.

I guess its the sensible thing to do and given the public health guidance the queen is probably best to stay put at Windsor Castle.

There is a private chapel inside Windsor - where Philip was placed in the days leading up to his funeral and where Archie was baptised. She won't even need to leave the castle to go to church. This was the chapel where Charles and Camilla were set to be married until it was realised that if they married in that chapel then anyone and everyone could ask to be married there for the next five or ten years so they moved to the Guildhall and blessing at St George's rather than the ceremony in the chapel, with no cameras at all.

Good news for the Queen, her first Christmas without her husband !

I guess its the sensible thing to do and given the public health guidance the queen is probably best to stay put at Windsor Castle.

Definitely the sensible choice, especially since she has just recovered from an illness.

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be very very strange not to see a gathering of Royals for the Christmas Day Service again this year.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be spending Christmas in Norfolk and will be joined by some members of the Middleton family

I'm surprised they chose to go to Norfolk instead of Windsor. I thought they'd also spend it in Windsor or Berkshire (like in 2016), that way it's still possible to meet both side of the families (depend on Covid restriction too).

I suspect they were already in Norfolk when the Queen made the decision to not go to Sandringham so it makes sense that they didn't want to uproot the children again. They have probably decorated Anmer to the hilt while Bucklebury is probably rather sparsely decorated in comparison so it makes sense to stay where they are (St Thomas' broke up for the Christmas break on the 16th December with a half-day so about lunch time. The Queen didn't announce, to the world, that she wasn't going to Sandringham until the 20th/21st December.

I'm surprised they chose to go to Norfolk instead of Windsor. I thought they'd also spend it in Windsor or Berkshire (like in 2016), that way it's still possible to meet both side of the families (depend on Covid restriction too).

It is entirely possible that, due to the pandemic, the family want to limit the number of people HM is exposed to over Christmas. As a result, it may well be that HM is spending Christmas with her children and their spouses, and not seeing the grandchildren (barring the Wessex children, who will probably accompany their parents to Windsor) and great-grandchildren.

The Duchess of Gloucester read „Rejoice in the Lord alway“ from Philippians 4:4-7 accompanied by performances of the Choir of the Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace, it will broadcast today on ClassicFM:

** twitter post ** globalplayer **

The Prince of Wales ,The Duchess of Cornwall ,the Earl and Countess of Wessex along with the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester will attend the Christmas Morning Service at St George's chapel.

Wait! Are you saying her children and grandchildren have not been invited to Christmas since C and C married?! Wow! That would not be very nice. What ever transpired in the past, they are now part of the family. It would be rude not to invite Camilla's family, IMO. Why would they not be invited?

Because, contrary to what you said, they are not considered part of the (royal) family.

They were grown ups when their mother married the prince of Wales, so they never grew up as part of Charles' family; and indeed are not considered part of the royal family in anyway. For example, we've never seen them on the balcony nor at the Christmas lunch.

It is not that they are completely excluded either, as one of Camilla's grandchildren was a flower girl at the wedding of the future king. So, they are acknowledged as Camilla's family members but not as members of the royal family.

A much more personal message -and tribute to her husband- than in previous message that would typically include much more of a 'year overview' of royal activities. This time only COP was explicitly mentioned next to of course important family events (the death of prince Philip and -in passing- the birth of 4 great-grandchildren).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom