British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever figure out if the Queen's Christmas Luncheon is tomorrow (Wed)?

LaRae

I believe it is always the Wednesday before Christmas, so I'd say yes, it is tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the pictures.

Ah ok so it has to be tomorrow then...I keep forgetting Christmas is next week already!

Thanks! Can't wait to see pics tomorrow!

LaRae

Has there ever been a year when the Christmas Luncheon was not held on a Wednesday?

Eh, I don't know if multiple places reporting it adds any more credibility to it at this point. It just seems they are taking each other's story and either re-reporting it or adding to it.

Quite right!

She may have been invited and declined that invitation. We simply don't know. Just because a person doesn't turn up doesn't mean they weren't invited in the first place.

Now I've seen some sources saying that Doria was invited to Sandringham, but maybe it wasn't a formal invitation. Most likely, Doria will be traveling again to England soon to see the Sussexes, even if not over the holidays.

A lucky member of the public appears to have gotten a great photo of Harry and Meghan inside the courtyard at BP. It almost looks like Meghan is wearing a cape rather than a coat. Harry looks really happy.

ETA: apparently it's been taken down. If it appears in one of the papers, I'll let you all know that it's the one I saw.

Last edited:
Looks like something happened and the photo was taken down. The link tells me that the page no longer exists.

It says 'sorry, that Page does not exist' when I try the link.

However, almost everybody looks in good spirits. Wonder who it is who's driving Autumn in?

Looks like something happened and the photo was taken down. The link tells me that the page no longer exists.

Interesting. I wonder if he's going to sell it.

I hope the family enjoy themselves. The kids will be putting the finishing touches on the tree. The Queen and Prince Philip hands out the gifts. The family gets a chance to catch up. And they get to eat.

That Charlotte make me laugh every time. She’s so cute waving to the people.

Last edited:
No sign of the Duchess of Cornwall today ?

I wondered if a tourist got it..but I can't tell how 'inside' it is.

LaRae

Lady Louise has a distinctly teen age expression on her face!

Look like a shot from outside BP, through the arch/

So, having seen the original shot (which is still down and has not been put up by the original photographer, so what's on twitter and instagram now was swiped by someone else), it's severely cropped. The original photo showed the front facade of BP, with a car in the forecourt on the right, and a guard in the sentry box. The photographer was likely lucky enough to be right up against the fence at just the right angle to take a picture through the arch.

I'd estimate that the photo that's currently on Twitter is less than a quarter of what was in the original photo.

I like Maud Windsor's eager expression as she looks out the car window.

I hope everyone had a wonderful time at Buckingham Palace for the lunch and shut out the noise of the past weeks. There may have tensions and they may have resolved at the time. Let the press stir it up. The House of Windsor has survived abdiction, a death of a popular princess and all in between. This family won't fall over the latest round of nonsense.

One of the really nice parts of the Christmas lunch is that we get to see some of the lesser known members of the family. How nice to see for example a picture of Lyla Gilman; hopefully next time we also get to see Rufus and some of the other children a bit better.

Of course, it is also great to see Philip being fit enough to be present at this family occasion; although he seems to look a bit older every time we see him.

Last edited:
Zara Tindall looks amazing in the festive red and white.
The kids are cute. Christmas is a great family time.

Great photos looks like everyone had a great time :flowers:

Hopefully Camilla is soon on the mend. Sad she had to miss.

Love all the kids seemed glowing.

I am sure Kate and Meghan had a lovely time together along with their husbands. I absolutely do not believe any negative nonsense the media have tried to sell. As they have simply tried this line of attack with everyone who has married into the family.

This lunch is a great way for Meghan to get to know some of the other lesser known relatives, like Lady Helen Windsor/Taylor and Lady Rose Gillman youngest daughter of the Gloucesters. Freddie Windsor and his actress wife Sophie among others.

Surprised and disappointed not to see Lady Gabriella or the Linleys this year.

Where were Eugenie and Jack yesterday? I never saw any photos of them.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom