British Royal Christmas 1: 2008-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume some arrived on Saturday and the rest are travelling today to be there for tonight's festivities.

Looks like all the Queen's children, niece & nephew and her grandchildren, except Zara and her family, is there/will be there for Christmas. Everyone looks nice. I like today's photos and am looking forward to tomorrow's.
(Goodness, Louise has gotten tall.)

Her Majesty and The Countess look lovely as always. I LOVE Autumn's coat. The DofE looks so energetic and sharp for 96. God bless him.

We have opened this thread just in time for Christmas!

Please note that the moderation team has discussed the issue of race as it relates to the BRF in GREAT DETAIL and we have something planned in the not so distant future. With that being said, we are asking you to refrain from discussing race, Meghan and Princess Michael (as it relates to race), the brooch, etc until that time.

Let's stay on topic.

Any and all additional posts that disregard this post, will be deleted without notice. If anyone has any questions, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the BRF Moderation team. If you decide to disregard this post, well, let's just see how this plays out.

Zonk
TRF Administrator

Merry Christmas to all!

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting to see so many royals at the Christmas eve service today - that was a nice surprise! Lady Louise is getting so tall - I loved her winter scarf. Nice to see Philip leading the family to the entrance of the church too, he seems to be looking well which is good. He still has incredible stamina for someone who isn't far of 100.

Zara and Michael are in Australia with Mia for Christmas. Such cute and happy pics of them walking to a friend's to celebrate. They are such a down to earth, wonderful and laid back couple, real role models of hard work.

I think the family will be doing two walks to church in the morning. Very good pictures should come out of both.

Take it for what it's worth, DM is reporting some in the crowd are disappointed that Meghan was not at the church walk today. I think she will be there for the Xmas Eve dinner.

Security though for the walk was very much prepared for anything that could happen. Electronic scanning of individuals (even a kid) was a good move. They expected a larger crowd than usual.

Harry & Meghan, and the Cambridge’s and Charles and Camilla will be there tomorrow morning.

I wasn't expecting to see so many royals at the Christmas eve service today - that was a nice surprise! Lady Louise is getting so tall - I loved her winter scarf. Nice to see Philip leading the family to the entrance of the church too, he seems to be looking well which is good. He still has incredible stamina for someone who isn't far of 100.

I was so happy to see Prince Philip. I have been concerned about him since his retirement, wondering if he was sick in someway, but he looks quite well. He looks like he will live to be at least 100!! I hope so.

I hope Princess Alexandra is there.

I hope the new Earl and Countess of Snowdon is there.

I want to see Serena meet Meghan. She is a no-nonsense woman, just like her cousin-in-law and mother-in-law.

I hope Princess Alexandra is there.

I hope the new Earl and Countess of Snowdon is there.

I want to see Serena meet Meghan. She is a no-nonsense woman, just like her cousin-in-law and mother-in-law.

This is not an extended family gathering-you know that. To say you hope Princess Alexandra is there is silly. Princess Alexandra is somewhere spending Christmas with her own children and grandchildren.

Earl and Countess Snowden are there already. They are in the photos from church this morning.

You are not going to see Meghan meet Serena-Meghan already met Serena-you know that, since they both attended the Queen's family Christmas lunch.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hinge my hopes of any of the above mentioned being at Sandringham. Its possible but those people do have their own families that they spend the holidays with.

The best possiblity I think would be the Snowdons.

This is not an extended family gathering-you know that. To say you hope Princess Alexandra is there is silly. Princess Alexandra is somewhere spending Christmas with her own children and grandchildren.

And I know you know Earl and Countess Snowden are there already. They are in the photos from church this morning.

You are not going to see Meghan meet Serena since 1) that already happened and 2)you weren't there. Those are facts.

Sandringham is a big estate. The whole family should be there.

I'm guessing Harry and Meghan are at Amer with the Cambridges. Neither party has been seen today.

LaRae

If you've paid attention to previous years, you would know that what you present isn't the case at all. This is the primary reason why the Queen hosts an *extended family* Christmas luncheon before she leaves for Sandringham. It frees up the extended family to spend the holidays with their own immediate families.

Read through this thread dating back and you will see how it works. :D

I'm guessing Harry and Meghan are at Amer with the Cambridges. Neither party has been seen today.

LaRae

Neither were Charles and Camilla. Does anyone know when they were all supposed to arrive? I know they arrive at their own scheduled time with Charles and Camilla arriving last.

Neither were Charles and Camilla. Does anyone know when they were all supposed to arrive? I know they arrive at their own scheduled time with Charles and Camilla arriving last.

My guess is they 'snuck in' under radar at some point...could of been late. I don't think they usually publicize when they will arrive.

LaRae

Seeing the royals today is unusual (once every 6 years-ish?) because Christmas Eve is a Sunday. So this is not the norm.

Anmer has it's own Parish Church so I wouldn't expect the Cambridges to be here, and Charles and Camilla might be at Wood Farm and if so, they wouldn't attend here either.

Or, of course, I'm completely wrong and they are all sitting at home with a Box set of Star Wars and large tub of Quality Street!

Well it's almost 3 am there now I think? Here it's not quite 9 pm. I think it was (last night for them) they have the formal dinner.

LaRae

My guess is they 'snuck in' under radar at some point...could of been late. I don't think they usually publicize when they will arrive.

LaRae

I think someone said before that the press has been banned from taking photos of the family on the Estate after some unflattering photos of the Queen and Prince Edward came out. So the only time we get photos now are from the walk to church.

No photographs are allowed to be taken on the estate

I think the Wales branch arrived at Sandringham late. So they will make their big family debut at church tomorrow.

I don't think we're ever really going to get a clue as to the comings and goings on the Sandringham estates other than what we are told in official releases and perhaps in some biographies. I kind of like it that they are able to enjoy their holiday in private and peacefully. We are just fortunate that the walk to church and photos from that are a tradition.

No photographs are allowed to be taken on the estate
That seems reasonable. It is a private home and photographers would be trespassing.

I think the Wales branch arrived at Sandringham late. So they will make their big family debut at church tomorrow.
I think the Cambridges have probably been at Anmer for a couple days. I'm sure they all went to the main house for Christmas Eve and will go over again for the church walk and then lunch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what Dman means is that they'll make their *public* family debut walking to church Christmas morning where Harry and Meghan are concerned.

They all most certainly were at the Christmas Eve formal dinner. We just don't get any information about that whatsoever.

They all most certainly were at the Christmas Eve formal dinner. We just don't get any information about that whatsoever.

I would love to be able to see some pictures of that. I have heard the women wear tiaras. If that is true, would Meghan have worn one? I am thinking not because isn't the tradition that unmarried women don't wear them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom