The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-25-2019, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry not a fan of the new Cambridge picture. It looked like a bad attempt at being artistic and just didn't work. And if they were going to release another photo, something recent and with all would be more festive.
I think the Cambridge photo was released because it was a cute, warm family photo, William kissing Louis was sweet.
I really like how the Cambridges are sharing their children just a bit more.
IMO, b&w was used to focus more on the people in the photo. I imagine the colors are not co-ordinated.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree that it is a treat to see another family photo. It appears to be one taken around the same time as Louis' first birthday photos.

Old 12-25-2019, 10:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Good to see that the 'new rule' on engaged couples has been extended to Edo as well; and a wise decision for Andrew to stay with his father, while the family also made clear he is still part of the family by having Andrew join his mother, brothers and niece to the early service.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Charlotte remains a blend of The Queen and Kate. Louis (in his more recent pics from last week) is looking more a Windsor. George a blend of William and Michael.

Waiting to see if the Cambridge kids are walking to Church with their parents.

LaRae
Totally agree with you on who Charlotte and George resemble.
George looked a lot more like William today than I’d ever seen before.

Charlotte is more extroverted than either of her parents or the Queen.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I am sorry not a fan of the new Cambridge picture. It looked like a bad attempt at being artistic and just didn't work. And if they were going to release another photo, something recent and with all would be more festive.

Good choice by Andrew. Still church as part of the family and Christmas, but the earlier service.

Great seeing Edo there with them this year.

Extended aside, the queen's immediate family slimmed down a bit. I suspect the Sussexes are not the only ones enjoying a Canadian Christmas. If true, I am sure after all these years of Windsor Christmas, nice for autumn to take her husband and daughters home to her family holidays. So all the fuss about Archie, and of the queen's eight great grandchildren, only three were there.

The Cambridge kids were cute and well behaved.

Festive dress. My list for women

1 Anne
2 Beatrice
3 tie for Elizabeth and Camilla
4 Kate
5 Eugenie
6 Sophie
Zara rarely if ever joins them for Christmas and Peter always does. Both are entitled, as his Harry, to spend Christmas elsewhere if they wish. They usually do have the Phillips girls and the Cambridge lot at Christmas. I am sure Charlotte and George are missing S and I, they seem close with. They so seem very found of Mia.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
Totally agree with you on who Charlotte and George resemble.
George looked a lot more like William today than I’d ever seen before.

Charlotte is more extroverted than either of her parents or the Queen.
Young William was more of a spitfire than Charlotte. She still seems to have her timid moments. And George can be quite the goofball as we saw at the football match, and when he's around Savannah. We'll see how they change as they grow.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:54 AM
Courtier

The sight of Princess Charlotte curtseying was cute, cute!
Old 12-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Nobility

I think Charlotte was the main star of today. She seems like a happy, brave and polite child. Cambridges did a really good job of supporting their little ones today and the pictures of the four of them together are great.

Also, found on Tumblr, a cute photo of Charlotee hugging some lady:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/36d17c55...8c1198bc45.png
Old 12-25-2019, 11:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Young William was more of a spitfire than Charlotte. She still seems to have her timid moments. And George can be quite the goofball as we saw at the football match, and when he's around Savannah. We'll see how they change as they grow.
Harry was the most outgoing royal child.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:23 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy7 View Post
Zara rarely if ever joins them for Christmas and Peter always does. Both are entitled, as his Harry, to spend Christmas elsewhere if they wish. They usually do have the Phillips girls and the Cambridge lot at Christmas. I am sure Charlotte and George are missing S and I, they seem close with. They so seem very found of Mia.
My point exactly. I was pointing out,might you missed the fuss comment, the double standards. All the whining that Archie isn't there and denying the queen him at Christmas. When in reality five out if nine of the great grandchildren are not there. It seems people choose to ignore Zara or Peters kids. Do people think the queen only cares about the grandkids closest to the throne??

I am sure the Cambridge kids will miss them more then the queen. I don't know how close they really are. But they have fun playing. Not having little cousins their age or close yo play at the queen's Christmas will not be as exciting.

Charlotte actually seemed more shy today. Her mother tried to get her to shake hands and she drew back. The hug was for the lady who gave her a big pink flamingo, which helped conquer her nerves.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Harry was the most outgoing royal child.
Agree to disagree. Little William was quite the riot, pulling faces. Chasing after a horse and carriage which sent HMQ on a mad dash to save him. Chasing Zara in circles at Harry's christening. 1987 Trooping the Colour where he got so excited that Anne needed to calm him down. As he grew older he became more restrained.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

I love to see the various interactions during events like this, speak volumes about the real family dynamics. Today Camilla and Anne comparing theirs coats and joking like "purple sisters" juste made my day.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:47 AM
Nobility

Quote:
My point exactly. I was pointing out,might you missed the fuss comment, the double standards. All the whining that Archie isn't there and denying the queen him at Christmas. When in reality five out if nine of the great grandchildren are not there. It seems people choose to ignore Zara or Peters kids. Do people think the queen only cares about the grandkids closest to the throne??

I am sure the Cambridge kids will miss them more then the queen. I don't know how close they really are. But they have fun playing. Not having little cousins their age or close yo play at the queen's Christmas will not be as exciting.

Charlotte actually seemed more shy today. Her mother tried to get her to shake hands and she drew back. The hug was for the lady who gave her a big pink flamingo, which helped conquer her nerves.
Eight great grandchildren. Well it isn't even double standards it is just indicative of the particular drama.and toxicity that surrounds one couple. All of the oldest grandchdren have spent Christmas elsewhere. It is just the younger four who are always there. The Queens neice and nephew alternate Christmas too and as their children grow and develop families and spaces of their own they will disappear too.
Old 12-25-2019, 11:57 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
I love to see the various interactions during events like this, speak volumes about the real family dynamics. Today Camilla and Anne comparing theirs coats and joking like "purple sisters" juste made my day.
It was great moment
Old 12-25-2019, 12:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Extended aside, the queen's immediate family slimmed down a bit. I suspect the Sussexes are not the only ones enjoying a Canadian Christmas. If true, I am sure after all these years of Windsor Christmas, nice for autumn to take her husband and daughters home to her family holidays. So all the fuss about Archie, and of the queen's eight great grandchildren, only three were there.
That’s because anything and everything Sussex is made into something silly and dramatic. Of course now it’s no big deal that the only little ones there were the Cambridges after all the faux rage that Archie would not be.

I thought George and Charlotte did well. Very cute. Nice they are at the age where their parents are comfortable showing them more.

Nice seeing Edo included.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:

I personally don't care that the Sussexes were absent, it probably was for the best actually. But I think other people's gripes are that it's Archie's 1st Christmas. Giving Philip's age, Philip might not be there for his 2nd so Philip would never have a Christmas with Archie. Also I think some people are frustrated that the Sussexes missed Balmoral and the Christmas lunch at BP, so this is seen as a "third strike" for absences. Again it doesn't bother me, and I'm sure all the royals are where they want to be.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
That was great. They were my favorite looks today.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think part of the reason may well be because we knew in advance H&M were not going to be there so it gave people time to moan. In a few days the fuss around Zara and Peter not being there may be as much.
Its also worth noting that Peter and Zara actually not only probably try and please their mothers’ side of the family and their partners families but also their father. Harry and Meghan have Harry’s family and Meghan’s mum. I say this to point out the two situations (number of people involved, timing of announcement, the fact an announcement was even made) mean we are comparing apples and oranges so let’s not light a fire just yet.

Personally I feel they did what most families do and split their time. Could they have included Doria somehow and still done Sandringham, probably. But that is up to them and people should do as they see fit over Christmas.

I thought this was a lovely Christmas for the RF and hopefully it brought some festive cheer to HM and Philip. Anne and Camilla made my day and even the Queen seemed a bit cheerier and happy to wave to the crowds more than some years IMO.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, I was surprised to see the grumpiness of some recent posts on this thread - it’s Christmas Day when we share the message of goodwill to all men (and women).

An important year for Royal watchers with the first appearance of George and Charlotte who were on their best behaviour. I think the decisions regarding Andrew’s attendance at the earlier service was well judged and agree that the simple act of Charles walking alongside Andrew was to me symbolic of family coming together in troubled times.
Lovely to see the two York couples, and with Louise fast growing into a young woman, we are witnessing the start of a new era.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I also think it is the beginning of a new era in the royal family and the British monarchy.
I understand that Andrew had participated in the previous service, and the fact that Charles appeared beside him shows that the family did not move away from Andrew.
I enjoyed seeing Charlotte and George for the first time at this event.

Tags
christmas