The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Love the photo of the four generations together. HM, Charles and William looked so proud of George here!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-23-2019, 05:34 AM
Nobility

As we know the queen is very good on signals, the original photograph with her and the three heirs with the Royal british legion IMHO is to signify the continuing support of that organisation by the royal family. Like the photograph taken for the stamps that were then released because they were so endearing, I wonder if the additional photographs of the pudding mixing is the same situation. If it is true the film is to be included in the queens speech is it possible these stills were issued as an unplanned extra. I only say that as it is an historical photograph.
Just another view on the scenario. To be honest they can never win. According to the posters , Anything they issue is either too staged or too formal or all for PR or to distract from something else.
Why don't we just take it for what it is , a great grandmother with three generations of her family who all happen to be royal.

I am also thinking of the birthday photograph when Mia lifted the handbag, they could have re done that but it was a natural situation.
Merry Christmas fellow posters,

Old 12-23-2019, 05:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The Wessex's are there already, I suspect others will have arrived tonight and tomorrow before Charles arrives Christmas Eve.
Generally speaking everyone arrives on Christmas Eve but I've noticed over the years that the Wessex's tend to arrive a few days earlier than the rest.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Queen Elizabeth records her annual Christmas broadcast in Windsor Castle, Berkshire

https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=kabfcakh
Old 12-23-2019, 11:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
Generally speaking everyone arrives on Christmas Eve but I've noticed over the years that the Wessex's tend to arrive a few days earlier than the rest.
Likewise Anne always seems to stay on as well after Christmas. I’m sure the Queen will be quite glad to have some quieter festive time with her family.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Likewise Anne always seems to stay on as well after Christmas. I’m sure the Queen will be quite glad to have some quieter festive time with her family.
So do Edward and Sophie, they always seem to be first to arrive and last to leave.
Old 12-23-2019, 12:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Queen Elizabeth records her annual Christmas broadcast in Windsor Castle, Berkshire

https://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...f12&m=kabfcakh

I see the recent picture from Cambridges made it in the background :)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I found even more touching than the Cambridge picture is the one of the Queen's father, George VI, taken (I'm presuming) during one of his own Christmas messages.

There is a strong message of continuity of the monarchy in the photos the Queen has on display for this year's message. The fact that there is a picture of Philip, although not in the line of succession, shows the Queen's appreciation of how much Philip has been instrumental in assuring that the monarchy does go forward.

As always, my opinion. I could be wrong.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What I found even more touching than the Cambridge picture is the one of the Queen's father, George VI, taken (I'm presuming) during one of his own Christmas messages.

There is a strong message of continuity of the monarchy in the photos the Queen has on display for this year's message. The fact that there is a picture of Philip, although not in the line of succession, shows the Queen's appreciation of how much Philip has been instrumental in assuring that the monarchy does go forward.

As always, my opinion. I could be wrong.
I agree, that is clearly the message this year, and I suspect it has to do with some of the drama that has been attached to the BRF in the last 12 months. It's a reminder that the core of the monarchy is secure, and that stable continuity is assured, from father to daughter, from mother to son, from father to son, etc. No need to question if the monarchy is still "fit for purpose."

I also think it's a notice about intention: nothing that destabilizes or sheds a negative light on the institution and the family will be tolerated going forward.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the setting for this year’s broadcast.It looks cosy despite the opulence.
Old 12-23-2019, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Has Queen Elizabeth II ever had a tree that the little children can decorate with handmade decorations and ornaments?
Old 12-23-2019, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Queen's Commonwealth Trust have shared an image of this Christmas card that they received from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

https://twitter.com/queenscomtrust/s...411303941?s=19
Old 12-23-2019, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Odd perspective, and not especially flattering.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The photo brings back memories for me. My youngest would always go zooming towards the camera and try to pull the picture out (it was a Polaroid).

Very unique and simple card and I like it.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-23-2019, 06:25 PM
Royal Highness

He doesn't look like a ginger. It appears those claims have been greatly exaggerated. I'm not sure black-and-white photos scream holiday cheer. But this couple seems to be partial to black-and-white.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Odd perspective, and not especially flattering.
Not flattering? Adorable 7 month old infants don’t need flattering tweaks when they’re just being themselves.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
He doesn't look like a ginger. It appears those claims have been greatly exaggerated. I'm not sure black-and-white photos scream holiday cheer. But this couple seems to be partial to black-and-white.
Red hair is not identifiable in B&W photography.
Archie’s hair seemed reddish in the photos visiting Archbishop Tutu.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:44 PM
Serene Highness

I personally love the pic! Its a different one for BRF cards and is focused on their joy: Archie.

Very sweet.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Now, that’s a beautiful Christmas card from the Sussexes. That Archie is quite a character.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-23-2019, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

A very sweet photo, although I'd have loved to have seen it in color. Archie is at a wonderful age, what fun!

Tags
christmas