The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Looks like the Cambridge’s need to upgrade to a family car. William and Catherine have their own village, so they need a car to accommodate it. ‬
Might they have come from different places? Perhaps William and George went elsewhere first.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

You know, maybe George and William just really wanted or needed some daddy boys bonding. Maybe Catherine and Charlotte wanted to have mommy and me time:) it’s healthy to not do everything together all the time.

Old 12-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

My guess is between the protection officers and nannies they are going to be using 2 cars (or more!) from now on.

LaRae
Old 12-18-2019, 11:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
The Cambridges weren't the only family that was split up into different cars. Who knows what the reason for it is and does it really matter? For all we know, it could have been arranged that way specifically to have younger royals in the front seat arriving such as Sophie and Louise, William and George, Edward and James etc. The Daily Mail did provide some really good pictures as expected.

Everybody looked happy and anticipating a wonderful family get together for the holidays except for Andrew. He seemed to be a bit on the dour side of things which is not surprising in the least.

Just the mention of the Sandringham turkey and all the trimmings at that lunch has got me into turkey mode yet again. Glad I have one in my freezer to be on demand to cook for a holiday meal here too.
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Old 12-18-2019, 11:28 AM
Majesty

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...mas-lunch.html

It seems the Cambridge's left BP together in one car.
Old 12-18-2019, 11:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I would suspect they arrived in different cars because they came from different places or because they wanted or needed to be there earlier than the other. Maybe William and George popped out to pick up Christmas presents for Catherine��
Old 12-18-2019, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

If they arrived separably and left together than it is likely they were not together that morning. I guess their security is driving the other car back? LOL the kids look 100% over it.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

I’m just thinking about that old station wagon families used to pack themselves into back in the day. When your family expands, a bigger car is needed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

With this concept in mind, the Cambridges don't need a family sized car, they need a bus! (images of the Partridge Family's family bus comes to mind) Gotta have room for all the Cambridge family, all their protection officers and Nanny Maria.

I can hear the kids singing "the wheels on the bus go 'round and round... " now.
"All things are connected. Whatever befalls the earth befalls the sons of the earth. Man did not weave the web of life : he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself." - Chief Seattle 1854
Old 12-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

I had to have a bit of a chuckle seeing David leaving the BP Christmas lunch on a bicycle. It just flashed through my mind how the Queen Mother used to love getting into David's fast car and racing through the streets of London.

I sincerely don't picture the Queen Mother with David on a bicycle built for two at all.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the Queen is really big on 'family' in the sense of family including not just her own children and their families but her beloved neice, nephew and cousins and their families too. I think she loved hosting everyone at Windsor Castle back in the day and that is why she loves having this lunch every year. It means that the extended family still get to enjoy Christmas lunch with her and everyone gets a lovely gift, as the footage from the 2004 broadcast shows. It must be a magical day for the children in particular as the Palace is wonderfully decorated with Christmas trees and they all get to play together and no doubt discuss what they've asked Santa to bring them.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Royal Highness

Beatrice came to the lunch without Edo. The claim is the fiancé status. How does that hold up when Meghan attended as Harry's fiancée two years ago?
Old 12-18-2019, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

For starters, we don't know that Edo wasn't invited to attend the Christmas lunch with Beatrice. It very well could have been that Edo had his own prior commitments he just couldn't get out of to attend.
Old 12-18-2019, 01:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

We have our first Christmas Card: The Cambridges!
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12...6680237898.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Verseau View Post
Beatrice came to the lunch without Edo. The claim is the fiancé status. How does that hold up when Meghan attended as Harry's fiancée two years ago?
Entirely different circumstances considering Edo has family in the UK and Meghan does not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
did we see Princess Eugenie and JB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Not sighted, though that doesn't mean they weren't there just that they weren't pictured. That said, if they didn't attend I wonder if that makes it more likely they will both be at Sandringham next week.
Yes they attended:
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/12...6682193793.jpg
Old 12-18-2019, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I honestly think that if the two older Cambridge children join their parents and relatives going to church on Christmas morning, it will be more for the reason for the season than being a PR stunt, a diversion for the public away from Andrew or anything else relating to the press or public. They're going to church for Christmas service and that, I believe, is the main focus.
Osipi, I agree with you 100%. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are going to a worship service, the most important one in the Church's religious year.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post
Osipi, I agree with you 100%. Prince George and Princess Charlotte are going to a worship service, the most important one in the Church's religious year.
Easter is far more important in Christianity than Christmas ,but where children are concerned Christmas is a far more joyous occasion to attend church.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:33 PM
Courtier

Easter, the resurrection of Jesus Christ, is the most important Christian celebration -
Old 12-18-2019, 04:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

The point I was trying to make is that when you have children in a Christian household, their attendance and instruction and worship as a family is important no matter what "importance" the service is on the liturgical calendar.

My parents started me going to Mass on Sunday mornings before I started kindergarten. Not to say I was always the perfect angel but I was there.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Nice to see the photos of the family; particularly the extended royals who we wouldn't see much of otherwise. Lady Louise looks lovely with her straightened hair and she looks more like Sophie here. I always thought she had such strong Windsor features but I'm starting to see some resemblance from the maternal side of her family. Louis is cute and looks exactly like George did at that age IMO - George really looks like William (especially around the eyes) and Charlotte like Catherine here IMO.
Funny to see David on a bike. He seems to be a keen city bike rider, I remember seeing photos of him taking Margarita to school on a bike when she was younger.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 12-18-2019, 05:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Louis strongly resembles some Royal as a small child but I can’t place just who? A very young Andrew maybe? Anyway. George is taking this all very seriously isn't he? Adorable!
I think Louis looks rather like his great great grandfather (George VI) did as a boy, and also like his great great grand uncle(?), Edward VIII.

Abraham Lincoln

Tags
christmas