The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Courtier

I am just hoping we see James walking with a proper coat.

Old 12-16-2019, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I think that will be the right decision. The children are old enough to now be introduced to a limited form of public duties like this.
Plus it will be really nice to see them on Christmas day.

21st of February 1575,Death of Claude de France,Duchess of Lorraine.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Query whether the venue for the royal christmas celebrations would shift from Sandringham to Windsor, or even Balmoral?
I've read on more than one occasion that Charles intends to turn over Balmoral Castle and Sandringham House to the National Trust when he becomes King. He would still keep ownership and overall control of the estates but apparently he has said he will have no use for the houses themselves. Interesting.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Camilla joins him there after seeing her grandchildren.

I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I had a feeling we would see them this year. It makes sense with all that is going on. We probably will see the Tindalls as well.
Old 12-16-2019, 03:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I'm surprised Camilla's children aren't invited to the queen's big do. They are Charles' step children.
And they are Andrew 's children ...
They have found a good balance between public/private life and they seem quite pleased by this arrangement ...
Old 12-16-2019, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
They aren't invited to any royal do's at all - unless they are known to the main figure. The Queen isn't that close to them and she wants her family there - not Charles' step-family.

I am not sure we will see much more of them when Charles is King as it is clear that Camilla likes to keep that side of her life separate from her royal side.

Not having them at Sandringham is also a good excuse to Charles and Camilla to leave quite early (after the Queen's Message) so Camilla can spend the rest of Christmas in the more relaxed environment of her own family and Charles can set off to the privacy of Scotland. He sometimes sticks around for the Boxing Day shoot but often is in Scotland by nightfall on Christmas Day and stays there for most of January. Charles spends more time at Birkhall than almost anywhere else - January, the two weeks at least around Easter, August and September and the last week of December.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Nice if we see George and Charlotte, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they choose this year. Firstly they are getting to an age where they are old enough to cope with it but add to that the year they have had (and the possibility of Andrew turning up) and it makes perfect sense. Sorry if that sounds cynical lol.

Iím also in the cynical camp Iím afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent

George is 6 and a half, certainly old enough to attend a church service without making problems. I would have been surprised if he had not started coming this year. Peterís daughters and Lady Louise did at his age or even younger.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
I’m also in the cynical camp I’m afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.
Yes and it will also take the attention off Andrew. I don't think George and Charlotte are attending by pure chance this year.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
Iím also in the cynical camp Iím afraid. The attention will be focused on George and Charlotte on Christmas morning and not on who is absent.
I mean I don't think anyone really doesn't think it but whatever. No time like the present. They were going to eventually start doing these walks and why not now? It is a great PR so it is win/win for everyone.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I honestly think that if the two older Cambridge children join their parents and relatives going to church on Christmas morning, it will be more for the reason for the season than being a PR stunt, a diversion for the public away from Andrew or anything else relating to the press or public. They're going to church for Christmas service and that, I believe, is the main focus.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 12-16-2019, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I am just hoping we see James walking with a proper coat.
I totally agree with this. Part of me thinks he refuses to wear one and his parents just donít force the issue for an easy life. Fingers crossed heís cold enough to put on a smart coat.

I hope we do see George and Charlotte.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I honestly think that if the two older Cambridge children join their parents and relatives going to church on Christmas morning, it will be more for the reason for the season than being a PR stunt, a diversion for the public away from Andrew or anything else relating to the press or public. They're going to church for Christmas service and that, I believe, is the main focus.
I tend to agree with you. The Cambridge children were going to join their parents on Christmas Church walk sooner or later. So, if their parents think this is the right time, then it is. I don't think they'd introduce the children to the church/walk if they're not ready.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

Letís be real here. Andrew will almost certainly go with as per usual and That may well attract some ugly scenes and language from onlookers. The press may be more vociferous than normal. The presence of Two small charming and adorable children that the public is crazy about may very well go along way to Ease the potentially nasty atmosphere.

Itís very savvy PR IMO. The family will want to take back the solid reputation that Andrews situation has robbed them of.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Royal Highness

With the furor of Andrew's mess I think the kids should stand down. There is no guarantee some in the crowd would not get ugly despite their presence. Everyone knows Andrew will be there and that will be the focus.
Old 12-16-2019, 09:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I tend to agree with you. The Cambridge children were going to join their parents on Christmas Church walk sooner or later. So, if their parents think this is the right time, then it is. I don't think they'd introduce the children to the church/walk if they're not ready.
I don't disagree that they wouldn't have them attend if not ready but I also not going to pretend this doesn't time perfectly for the need of some positive PR for the family. Both things can be (and is) true.

The presence of the Cambridge kids is a great thing especially with the presence of Andrew and the lack of presence of the Sussexes. Both had been constant topics and the image of those two looking very adorable will change the conversation.

Anyways I am sure the picture will be front page worthy.
Old 12-17-2019, 04:28 AM
Nobility

I tend to think that article is bird cage fodder just like anything from any other British tabloid. The claim is that Louis will be left with Kate's parents while George and Charlotte go to church with the rest of the royal family. So, does that mean that Michael & Carole will be at Anmer for the holidays this year instead of at their own home? And what of Pippa & her family and James & his fiancee? I'm not sure Anmer is big enough for that many guests, but what do I know? Perhaps the other two are going to their spouse/fiancees families for the holiday. Guess we'll know in another 8 days whether there was any truth to this story. If not, I'm sure the Mirror will have some plausible reason why their source was wrong, lol.
Old 12-17-2019, 05:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
I tend to think that article is bird cage fodder just like anything from any other British tabloid. The claim is that Louis will be left with Kate's parents while George and Charlotte go to church with the rest of the royal family. So, does that mean that Michael & Carole will be at Anmer for the holidays this year instead of at their own home? And what of Pippa & her family and James & his fiancee? I'm not sure Anmer is big enough for that many guests, but what do I know? Perhaps the other two are going to their spouse/fiancees families for the holiday. Guess we'll know in another 8 days whether there was any truth to this story. If not, I'm sure the Mirror will have some plausible reason why their source was wrong, lol.
I think Kate's parents will be at Amner Hall, I thought that even before it was said in this report as Kate and William didn't go to Bucklebury last year so I guessed they would be going this year. I have a feeling they are only going to Norfolk now as there will be no Harry and Meghan and they want to support the Queen with the Andrew thing going on too. Amner Hall is reported to have 10 bedrooms so plenty of room and, of course, it's not the first time her family have stayed there for Christmas.

Tags
christmas