Royalty of Malaysia current events part 3: April 2015 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sultan Ibrahimof Johor was installed as the country's 17th King today, January 31, taking the oath of office in a ceremony at the National Palace in Kuala Lumpur:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

The previous sultan served exactly 5 years. In installing sultan Ibrahim Iskandar of Johor, they are following the established pattern that Johor follows after Pahang. In 2029 the current deputy (a position he has held since 2016 - so, it seems he is well respected among the sultans), Sultan Nazrin Shah of Perak, is expected to ascend the throne.

I'll miss the Pahang royal couple. I thought they were the best regal couple Malaysia had that I can recall.

It is interesting how the fact that he has a Dutch son-in-law does not raise any interest in him in the Netherlands. I didn't read anywhere in the Dutch news that Malaysia has a new king (I don't think there is another country that changes king that often) nor that the new king is the father-in-law of the fellow Dutchman Dennis Verbaas.

Several years ago when they married and later had their first child, it did reach the Dutch news, including the notion that the sultan was slated to be king in a few years.

Little Johan with his grandmother.
Sofie Louise has been speaking at "Health and social issues in Children’s literature" event.

Last edited:
Sofie Louise congratulated her husband on their 5th wedding anniversary two days ago.

She has also posted lovely photos of their family

Back
Top Bottom