Royalty of Malaysia 1: September 2004-October 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More news & pictures of King Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin and Queen Tuanku Fauziah in China

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]King And Queen Tour Ancient Sites In Beijing[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
From Sharifah Nurliza Syed Mohamad

BEIJING, March 1 (Bernama) -- The Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalullail and Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Fauziah Tengku Abdul Rashid, Tuesday toured historical sites on the second day of their week-long official visit to China.

The tour began at the Great Wall of China, one of the ancient world's architectural wonders, before the royal couple went to the Niujie Mosque, one of the oldest mosques in China, and the Forbidden City, the imperial palace of China's previous emperors.

The King and Queen were briefed on the history of the Great Wall by the Chairman of Badaling Tourism Centre Gua Zhao Shun.

At the Niujie Mosque, they were informed by the Chief Imam Ibrahim Xue Tianli that it was built in AD 996 during the Liao Dynasty and can accommodate 1,000 worshippers.

"However, every Friday, 3,000 people will pack into the mosque for the prayers," Ibrahim said, adding there are 240,000 Muslims in Beijing.

The mosque, which features a combination of Chinese and Arabic architectural designs, was renovated during the Yuen, Ming and Qing dynasties.

At the Great Wall, the royal couple succeeded in reaching the first stage of the Wall but their tour was cut short by the cold at minus-3 temperature and falling snow.

Also in the entourage were their daughter Datuk Seri Sharifah Fazira and her husband Datuk Paduka Mohammad Yaacob and daughter Putri Nurlinsyazwani, Tourism Minister Datuk Dr Leo Michael Toyad who is the minister-in-attendance and Malaysian Ambassador here Datuk Syed Norulzaman Syed Kamaruzaman.

In the afternoon, the Yang di-Pertuan Agong held a meeting with Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao at his office in the government administrative centre.

The 30-minute meeting was also attended by Toyad, Syed Norulzaman and six senior officials each from Malaysia and China.

During the meeting, Wen said the visit by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong would have a significant impact on the bilateral relations between Malaysia and China.

Tuesday night, Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin and Tuanku Fauziah are scheduled to attend a dinner hosted by Syed Norulzaman at the Malaysian Embassy.

Wednesday, the royal entourage will leave for Xi'an, the capital city of Shaanxi Province, which is 950km from Beijing.

-- BERNAMA
[/font]

Pictures: Courtesy of Bernama

Attachments

• Agong dan Hu Jintao.jpg
    Agong dan Hu Jintao.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 564
  • Agong lawat Tembok Besar China.jpg
    Agong lawat Tembok Besar China.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 666
  • Agong lawat masjid Niujie.jpg
    Agong lawat masjid Niujie.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Agong periksa kawalan kehormatan.jpg
    Agong periksa kawalan kehormatan.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 651
  • Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin in China.- state dinner.jpg
    Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin in China.- state dinner.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,126
  • Agong lawat Muzium Kuda di China.jpg
    Agong lawat Muzium Kuda di China.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 1,175
Last edited:
The King and The Queen are in Shanghai now

Attachments

• Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin in China-Yu Yuan Garden Shanghai.jpg
    Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin in China-Yu Yuan Garden Shanghai.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 645
  • Agong in Shanghai.jpg
    Agong in Shanghai.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 637
Caption:
XIAN, CHINA - MARCH 2: (CHINA OUT) Malaysia's King Syed Sirajuddin Syed Putra Jamalullail (R) shakes hands with Imam Ma Liangji at Great Mosque during his visit to Xian on March 2, 2005 in Xian of Shaanxi Province, China. Jamalullail is in China for a one-week visit at the invitation of the Chinese President Hu Jintao. (Photo by China Photos/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 365
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 335
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 395
King and Queen of Malaysia began their State Visit to Japan today:

Attachments

• 52285078.jpg
    52285078.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 665
  • 52285080.jpg
    52285080.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 631
  • 52285081.jpg
    52285081.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 680
  • 52285084.jpg
    52285084.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 589
Some more pictures from Gettyimages

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 365
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 224
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 450
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 300
The State Dinner from Getty:

Attachments

• 52285667.jpg
    52285667.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 686
  • 52285668.jpg
    52285668.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 603
  • JAPAN_MALAYSIA_ROYAL_VISI_2.jpg
    JAPAN_MALAYSIA_ROYAL_VISI_2.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,160
  • 52285656.jpg
    52285656.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 540
Last edited by a moderator:
State Banquet

Thank you so much Lyonnaise and HMQueenElizabethII for adding few more pictures. I'm so happy that there are still people who are interested in Malaysian Royalty.

Meanwhile I would like to add 2 more pictures from the State Banquet and 2 more pictures of yesterday's audiences

Attachments

• State Banquet 1.jpg
    State Banquet 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,308
  • State Banquet 2.jpg
    State Banquet 2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Agong and Emperor.jpg
    Agong and Emperor.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 932
  • Agong and Koizumi.jpg
    Agong and Koizumi.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,235
Saying farawell today:

Attachments

• 52323091.jpg
    52323091.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 728
  • JAPAN MALAYSIA ROYALS-14035.jpg
    JAPAN MALAYSIA ROYALS-14035.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 697
  • JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14051.jpg
    JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14051.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,403
  • JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14253.jpg
    JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14253.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,325
  • JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14264.jpg
    JAPAN-MALAYSIA-ROYALS-14264.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 712
Farewell audience

Few more from Reuters:-

Meanwhile beginning from tomorrow until 13 March 2005, Their Majesties will have private visit to Osaka and Nagasaki.

Attachments

• Farewell audience 5.jpg
    Farewell audience 5.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 301
  • Farewell audience 4.jpg
    Farewell audience 4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 263
  • Farewell audience 6.jpg
    Farewell audience 6.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Farewell audience 1.jpg
    Farewell audience 1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 411
  • Farewell audience 2.jpg
    Farewell audience 2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 353
  • Farewell audience 3.jpg
    Farewell audience 3.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 324
Hi Ephram!!

I was just wondering if u could help me out. I was trying to find out about Tengku Djan Ley who is the sone of Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff- the CEO of Proton. I know Tengku Djan is the head of Proton motorsports but i was interested in knowing which malay royal family is he a member of? is it Selangor or Kelantan or any other one?
If you could help me out that would be very helpfulas u seem to know alot about the malay royal family. Thanx....!

Ephram said:
Hey wait Cutie! Don't give up, don't go away. I'm from Malaysia and I will share any photos or infos on Malaysian royalty.

:)

shamds said:
I was just wondering if u could help me out. I was trying to find out about Tengku Djan Ley who is the sone of Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff- the CEO of Proton. I know Tengku Djan is the head of Proton motorsports but i was interested in knowing which malay royal family is he a member of? is it Selangor or Kelantan or any other one?
If you could help me out that would be very helpful as u seem to know alot about the malay royal family. Thanx....!

:)

Sorry,shamds. I have been trying to seek for information on his son but I could not find anything useful. I do not know from which royal family does he come from but I believe he is only a minor royal or far relative of a Malay royal family. Furthermore, my area of concern is only on the 9 Malay Sultans and their immediate family members and not their far relatives especially those who have never been into media attention. I know that Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Ariff is very well known as one of the successful businessmen in Malaysia but I do not have any further information about his family members.

202nd meeting of Conference of Rulers at the Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur

The 202nd Meeting of Conference of Rulers began yesterday 16 March 2005 at National Palace and ended today 17 March 2005. The meeting was chaired by Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah of the state of Selangor. The meeting was attended by all the Rulers except the Sultan of Johor who was represented by the Tengku Mahkota of Johor, Tunku Ibrahim Ismail Sultan Iskandar. The Regent of Perlis, Tuanku Syed Faizuddin Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin Jamalullail was present.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=124099

The meeting was concluded today with a proposal of King's Scholarship programme.

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news.php?id=124288

Maeanwhile, last night the Malay Rulers including HM King Syed Sirajuddin and HM Queen Fauziah attended a banquet at National Palace, Kuala Lumpur. The banquet was held in conjunction with this 202nd meeting.

Pictures and news courtesy of Bernama:)

Attachments

• Mesyuarat Majlis Raja-Raja ke 202.2.bmp
    110.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Mesyuarat Majlis Raja-Raja ke 202.jpg
    Mesyuarat Majlis Raja-Raja ke 202.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,677
  • Banquet at Istana Negara.bmp
    110.8 KB · Views: 155
  • The 202nd Conference of Rulers.jpg
    The 202nd Conference of Rulers.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 2,660
Last edited:
State Opening of Malaysian Parliament today

Today, 21 March 2005, there'll be a State Opening of Malaysian Parliament which will be attended by Their Majesties King Syed Sirajuddin and Queen Fauziah at Parliament House, Kuala Lumpur. Their Majesties will be inspecting guard of honor upon their arrival at the Parliament Square. They will wear ceremonial outfit for today's ceremony and His Majesty Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin will deliver his speech in the House of Common where both members of House of Senate and House of Common will join the session together.

The event will start at 10.00am Malaysian time and will be broadcast live by Radio Television Malaysia in half an hour from the time I write this note.

Here are some pics from last year's State Opening of Parliament (2004)

Attachments

• 2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.jpg
    2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,643
  • 2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.2.jpg
    2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.2.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,885
  • 2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.3.jpg
    2004 State Opening of Malaysian Parliament.3.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 2,114
Last edited:
You are welcome. Here are few pictures of State Opening of Malaysian Parliament on 21 March 2005.

Attachments

• MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT__KL104.jpg
    MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT__KL104.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2,643
  • MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL101.jpg
    MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL101.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 2,692
  • MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL102.jpg
    MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL102.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,662
  • MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL105.jpg
    MALAYSIA_PARLIAMENT_KL105.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,842
  • Pembukaan Parlimen.2.jpg
    Pembukaan Parlimen.2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 2,648
Last edited:
Ephram said:
Tuanku Siti Aishah

I found these old photos in Corbis. These photos are from the official visit of Earl and Countess of Wessex to Malaysia in October 2000. They made courtesy call to (the late)King Sultan Salahuddin of Malaysia and his consort, Queen Tuanku Siti Aishah at National Palace, Kuala Lumpur

Attachments

• Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,285
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.9.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.9.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 921
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.7.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.7.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 650
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.6.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.6.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.5.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.5.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 527
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.3.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin.3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,970
  • Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin4.jpg
    Wessex and Sultan Salahuddin4.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 544
National Palace or known as Istana Negara in Kuala Lumpur is the official residence of King and Queen of Malaysia.

Pictures of the palace

1. The National Palace and its garden

2. The Royal Guard

3. National Palace's Guard on horseback

4. The scene of Balairung Seri (the Main Hall) inside the National Palace where all royal ceremonies and state occassions are held there

Attachments

• istana negara.jpg
    istana negara.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 947
  • istana negara.2.jpg
    istana negara.2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,137
  • istana negara.3.jpg
    istana negara.3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 722
  • The main hall inside istana negara.jpg
    The main hall inside istana negara.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 604
Ephram said:
I found these old photos in Corbis. These photos are from the official visit of Earl and Countess of Wessex to Malaysia in October 2000. They made courtesy call to (the late)King Sultan Salahuddin of Malaysia and his consort, Queen Tuanku Siti Aishah at National Palace, Kuala Lumpur

who is the lady in the black outfit and hat?

I thought I'd post these pics from the CP of Brunei's wedding.
I was hoping that you'd be able to help Ephram in identifying who some of these ladies are and also let me know if some of them aren't malaysian royals. Which would be of great help to me once I start the jewellery thread I mentioned to you a few days ago.
To avoid confusion, I thought I'd post the pics individually.

Now this pic, ofcourse, is of the Queen Saleha of Brunei and Queen Fauziah of Malaysia. I dont know the names of the 3 ladies walking behind them

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 802
The royals in these two pics were identified in the Gettyimages captions. Im hoping they got the names right.

1. Tunku Nural Hayah, wife of the acting ruler of Sembilan
2. Prince Azman Shah of Perak and his wife Noraini Shah

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,328
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5,988
I dont know the names of these two ladies. The caption only mentioned them as the "Queen of State of Kelantan (L) and the Queen of State of Pahang"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 3,205
~*~Humera~*~ said:
I thought I'd post these pics from the CP of Brunei's wedding.
I was hoping that you'd be able to help Ephram in identifying who some of these ladies are and also let me know if some of them aren't malaysian royals. Which would be of great help to me once I start the jewellery thread I mentioned to you a few days ago.
To avoid confusion, I thought I'd post the pics individually.

Now this pic, ofcourse, is of the Queen Saleha of Brunei and Queen Fauziah of Malaysia. I dont know the names of the 3 ladies walking behind them

Thanks for the photos for the photos, Humera

The lady in blue behind Queen Fauziah of Malaysia is Raja Perempuan Kelantan Tengku Anis

The lady in red is Sultanah Hajjah Haminah of Kedah

The lady who is smiling behind Queen Saleha is Raja Permaisuri Tuanku Bainon of Perak

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The royals in these two pics were identified in the Gettyimages captions. Im hoping they got the names right.

1. Tunku Nural Hayah, wife of the acting ruler of Sembilan
2. Prince Azman Shah of Perak and his wife Noraini Shah

1. Tunku Puan Muda Nurul Hayati of Negeri Sembilan, wife of the acting ruler of Negeri Sembilan

2. Raja Azman Shah, son of the Sultan of Perak and his wife Puan Seri Noraini Jane

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I dont know the names of these two ladies. The caption only mentioned them as the "Queen of State of Kelantan (L) and the Queen of State of Pahang"

Front 'row': In blue Raja Perrempuan Tengku Anis of Kelantan talking to Sultanah Kalsom of Pahang (in dark green)

Second 'row': Sultanah Zanariah of Johor walking alone

Third 'row': In green head cover and outfit is Permaisuri Nur Zahirah of Terengganu and Raja Permaisuri Tuanku Bainon of Perak

And thank you Ephram for helping out with all the names. Im sure I'll learn them all in time;)
Now perhaps you could explain the difference between some of the titles, I thought that Sultanah and Raja were the same? And also, what does Tunku and Permaisuri mean?
I understand that the Malaysian monarchy works quite differently from the rest. And that Kings serve a term for a certain length of time after which they're replaced. Im assuming that the rulers of the various states fill that position.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
And thank you Ephram for helping out with all the names. Im sure I'll learn them all in time;)
Now perhaps you could explain the difference between some of the titles, I thought that Sultanah and Raja were the same? And also, what does Tunku mean?
I understand that the Malaysian monarchy works quite differently from the rest. And that Kings serve a term for a certain length of time after which they're replaced. Im assuming that the rulers of the various states fill that position.

As far as the difference between Sultanah and Raja is concerned, both refer to the same meaning- Consort. It is just a matter of different historical background, customs and state constitutions which would set different titles for the consorts of every ruler in 9 states in Malaysia. However from my observation, the title 'Tengku Ampuan/Tunku Ampuan' only reserved for the Consort whose parents are royals (since nowadays there is also a growing trend here just like in any part of the world whereby royals marrying commoners).

Perhaps I could list down here the current titles for Consorts in the 9 states in Malaysia:

Perlis : Raja Perempuan

Kedah: Sultanah

Perak : Raja Permaisuri

Selangor: previously they used Tengku Ampuan (for Consort who is of royal descendant) and Tuanku Permaisuri (for commoner-turn-to-royal Consort), but as the Sultan Selangor currently has no wife, so the Consort throne is currently vacant.

Negeri Sembilan: Tuanku Ampuan

Johor: Sultanah

Pahang: Sultanah

Terengganu: Permaisuri

Kelantan: Raja Perempuan

I do not know what is the exact meaning of 'Tunku' or 'Tuanku', but if I could translate it in English as 'Your Majesty' or 'My Lord'. Even that would still not capture the exact meaning of the word but the most important thing about 'Tunku/Tuanku and Tengku' is they are titles for Malay royals in Malaysia.
I know in Brunei these terms are quite alien because they address royals using their own unique terms such as Pengiran Muda, Pengiran Isteri, Pengiran Anak and so forth. I know it is getting confusing when it comes to Tunku and Tengku I mentioned just now but it's just a matter of accent/dialect. In northern Malaysia and Eastcoast usually they use 'Tengku' and for Southern part of Malaysia and Westcoast the titles Tuanku and Tunku are widely used. As for Perak, all members of its Royal Family use the title 'Raja' (but not to be confused with Raja Perempuan in Kelantan and Perlis since those are of different case). I'm sorry because it might be a little harder for our foreign members of this board to comprehend.

thank you for that list. All the titles can be confusing, especially to those of us who dont speak the malay language but still I think they reflect an amazingly complex and rich heritage of the royalty in Malaysia, as well as Brunei. I can see why it is better to use their original titles then to attempt translating them into English whereby they lose much of their meaning. But I guess the consorts would all simply be called Queen in English. Im assuming the rulers and their consorts of the various states are Kings and Queens in their own right and dont really have precedence over one another? In other words they're all equal in terms of their title, except perhaps whoever is King and Queen of Malaysia?

Yes, they are equal in terms of their title and position, no one has precedence over another except King and Queen of Malaysia. King and Queen of Malaysia as Head of State and Consort will be the heads of them (but for 5 year term, of course).

At first, for the sake of this board I was thinking of addressing all of them King and Queen but after a couple of seconds I thought people would think, oh my God! look Malaysia got so many Kings and Queens. So I decided that I should give due respect to all Malay rulers here by addressing them using their original titles.

Hi everybody...technically I'm not new here, just been 'out of touch' for a while so bear with me :)

Ephram, any news on my favourite Raja Nazrin of Perak? He is the Crown Prince of Perak right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still unattached? Or are the current rumours of him being engaged is true after all? Enlighten me on this one please!

Nadia said:
Hi everybody...technically I'm not new here, just been 'out of touch' for a while so bear with me :)

Ephram, any news on my favourite Raja Nazrin of Perak? He is the Crown Prince of Perak right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he still unattached? Or are the current rumours of him being engaged is true after all? Enlighten me on this one please!
Hallo, Nadia. Raja Nazrin Shah, the Crown Prince of Perak is nowadays the most popular royal in Malaysia, he is still considered young but has contributed a lot to the development of the country. As far as I know he is still single and I don't know any rumours about him because I am not used to listen to rumours on royalty but don't worry as long as I hear the official announcement about his wedding or whatsoever, I 'll inform on this board. My computer is not really working very well this week, next time, when everything is okay, Godwilling I'll send a couple of pictures of Raja Nazrin Shah for you and others who are interested to see on this board.

Here is the latest news on him. Recently, he visited the New Straits Times newspapers office.

KUALA LUMPUR, Apr 5: The thing that impressed the Raja Muda of Perak Raja Dr Nazrin Shah most on his first ever visit to a newspaper office was the New Straits Times Press (M) Berhad's extensive archives. http://www.emedia.com.my/Services/database.html Original photographs of the Perak royal family, including Raja Nazrin's grandfather, dating back to the 1930s, intrigued the prince.

The pictures included the installation of previous Sultans and his own father, Sultan Azlan Shah, where the "whispering of the state secrets" ceremony was held.

The NST, which was set up in 1845 and will be 160 years old this year, has the most extensive photo and news archives in the country.

Raja Nazrin, who has expressed great interest in the workings of newspapers, was accompanied by Bernama chairman Datuk Mohd Annuar Zaini and Toh Muda Orang Kaya-Kaya Seri Adika Raja Shahbandar Muda Datuk Mohamad Othman Zainal Azim.

I keep wondering...and I'm sorry if this is a completely ignorant question, it is not meant to be hurtful, I'm just curious as this is very new to me how one supports the claim that one is a descendent of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)?--this is a general question, I;m not wondering speciffically about the malaysian royal family, tho, my question is also very much related to them...also are all descendants of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) royalty? Or are there nonroyal descendants too?

-Eliza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom