The Royal Palace in Oslo

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a pic from google.earth of the royal palace in oslo.

Attachments

• norway royal palace.jpg
    norway royal palace.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 911
rchainho said:
a pic from google.earth of the royal palace in oslo.
Wow rchainho! Thats a great photo!

Its kinda scary that anyone can look at an areal view of your home.

The royal palace of Oslo

Does anyone know what part of the palace this is? As the group here is either leaving or going to the christening of Prince Sverre Magnus, I think it might be the corridor leading to the chapel but it could also be a corridor leading to the room where they took the official pictures. Could it be the picture gallery?

qsp17q.jpg

Source: www.hola.es

CasiraghiTrio said:
Does anyone know what part of the palace this is? As the group here is either leaving or going to the christening of Prince Sverre Magnus, I think it might be the corridor leading to the chapel but it could also be a corridor leading to the room where they took the official pictures. Could it be the picture gallery?

Source: www.hola.es

i think this is the pathway or hallway that photographers are usually stationed. We've seen other pictures, mostly from a State Banquet or other Gala events taken from this corner. It is situated in the Royal Palace, but i'm not sure what the room is actually called.

purple_platinum said:
i think this is the pathway or hallway that photographers are usually stationed. We've seen other pictures, mostly from a State Banquet or other Gala events taken from this corner. It is situated in the Royal Palace, but i'm not sure what the room is actually called.

Looking at the pic again and taking into account this info. I am guessing this corridor leads away from the room where they posed for the official pictures. The room they are walking away from is definitely not a chapel. It may be a throne room or state drawing room, probably the former.

It's where they walk down as they walk to lunch. I have no idea what the official name is, but you often see the royal procession walk down that way - at state visits, ie, on their way to dinner.

Hi - I believe that the Royal Palace in Oslo acquired some new grand chandeliers last year, as a present for the centenary celebrations. I think they were for the Hall of Mirrors (the hall where the Centenary Ball took place). Is that the same hall where photos are taken during state banquets? I'd be grateful if somebody could post some pics of the Hall (with the new chandeliers). Thanks!

The reception rooms at the Royal Palace

The reception rooms at the Royal Palace

kongehuset.no - The reception rooms at the Royal Palace

The Vestibule
kongehuset.no - The Vestibule

The Council Chamber
kongehuset.no - The Council Chamber

The Bird Room
kongehuset.no - The Bird Room

The Family Dining Room
kongehuset.no - The Family Dining Room

The Great Hall (The Ballroom)
kongehuset.no - The Great Hall (the Ballroom)

The Banqueting Hall
kongehuset.no - The Banqueting Hall

The Palace Chapel
kongehuset.no - The Palace Chapel

The Palace Park
kongehuset.no - The Palace Park

Nice! It reminds me of Buckingham palace kind of, only a different color.

The royal palace of Oslo is beautiful and is just as grand as all palaces.

I would just like to know if there is a significant reason as to why there is a statue of Queen Maud of Norway beside the Royal palace?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to know if there is a significant reason as to why there is a statue of Queen Maud of Norway beside the Royal palace?

Because the entrance to where the statue is standing was/is called Dronningparken - the Queen Park.

The repair of the roof at the Royal Castle has entered the final phase.
Works on the roof of the castle are nearing the ending. Already, the panels have been repaired and cardboards put on top. Works will continue throughout the summer; they will not, however, have any consequences for the tours that are held in the summer months.
All works are expected to be over by the end of this year.
kongehuset.no - Nå legges nytt kobber

Last edited by a moderator:
I found in the german Wikipedia some interesting information (strange, that the norwegian hasn't got so many information as the german Wikipedia):
Königliches Schloss Oslo
Google Fordító

And a picturegallery (the last 4 are about Budgoy):
Das Osloer Königsschloss - Ein Rundgang - Royalty - Norwegen | DasErste.de

Thank you, that's a lot of great information!
Very old pictures about the Palace:
Galleri NOR

very interesting for example this picture from 1922

and more pictures here Statsbygg
(on the left are categories like first floor ("1. Etasje"), when you click on them more links with pictures of the rooms in this floor apear beneath - Google Translation version might help, every room is identified)

Last edited:
Thank you, that's a lot of great information!

very interesting for example this picture from 1922

and more pictures here Statsbygg
(on the left are categories like first floor ("1. Etasje"), when you click on them more links with pictures of the rooms in this floor apear beneath - Google Translation version might help, every room is identified)

Wow, thank so many!! I was curious about the Palace, but it is hard something to find about, especially pictures, I found only the well-known representationsrooms. It can be strange to live in the same place where you work...

Last edited:
Floor Plans

does anyone have the floor plans of the Royal palace, particularly the state floor.

Are the trees a new addition to the Palace landscape?

How many palaces exist in Norway? The morlnarchy is in anorway very young, its interesting:)

Back
Top Bottom