Gamlehaugen, Bergen

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The park on Gamlehaugen Palace today (Nice wheater... it was over 25 C on the 11th October in Norway! I can't belive it... Cecca told me yesterday that the wheater in Bergen was terrible with much rain and it was ca.7 C and today its 25 C.. Thats a nice change!:rolleyes: ) the photo is from www.ba.no

Attachments

• V_ret-versjoner_688521g.jpg
    V_ret-versjoner_688521g.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 362
Gamlehaugen isn't actually a palace - more like a manor, built to resemble a Scottish castle.

My new fantasy home!

I LOVE Gamlehaugen!

Its my new fantasy home!

Since I cannot read about it, when is it used? Who lives there? Is there any information about it in english?

Thanks

Last edited:
Some pictures I took of Gamlehaugen (July 2010)

Thanks HM, it looks like a very pretty place. Where you also able to go inside or was it closed for the general public?
Is the place only used whent he king is in Bergen, or do they also use the building for other things during the year?

Thanks for sharing!
The palace looks great! Did you like the atmosphere there?

Thanks HM, it looks like a very pretty place. Where you also able to go inside or was it closed for the general public?
It was already closed for the public when we visited the palace. During the summer it is usually opened to the public between 10 am and 5 pm or something like that. :flowers:

Marengo said:
Is the place only used whent he king is in Bergen, or do they also use the building for other things during the year?
It's not only used by the King, but also by the other family members when they spend time in Bergen. :)
There's also a museum inside.

sofajr said:
Did you like the atmosphere there?
It was nice.
The garden of the palace is lovely.
The palace is placed on a hill. On one side you have a nice view on a lake right next to the palace.
On the other side you have a nice view on the motorway right next to the castle. :lol:

Here's a nice picture where you can see how the castle is located: http://www.statsbygg.no/aarsberetning2000/img/eiendom/gamlehaugen.JPG

Last edited:
Gamblehaugen Castle has been the Norwegian Royal Family's residence in Bergen since 1927.

Back
Top Bottom