Villa Leopolda, Villefranche-sur-Mer (France)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
The villa Leopolda that was build at the Cote d'Azur by King Leopold II of The Belgians has been sold for 496 million (!) euros to the Russian Billionaire Michael Prochorov.

Article and picture here.

The villa Leopolda that was build at the Cote d'Azur by King Leopold II of The Belgians has been sold for 496 million (!) euros to the Russian Billionaire Michael Prochorov.

Article and picture here.

That is how much Point de Vue knows. They had a photo (#3131) of this same "villa" saying that Roman Abramovich bought.......for 500,000,000 euros.

Wow...unbelievably amazing. That old coot Leopold II really knew how to live high, didn't he??

What a pretty little house.........lol. I am crying all over my computer. That is one gorgeous property.
My Point de Vue hasn´t arrived yet but I can see which page I will turn to first.....
Let us put it this way Roman Abramovich COULD have bought it, and easily most likely.
If he didn´t he probably has another one just like it somewhere. I saw his two enormous yachts/ships when he was in Lisbon (from afar).....tell me who else travels with two huge ships, one to travel in and the other to carry the luggage (and helicopters etc).

What a pretty little house.........lol. I am crying all over my computer. That is one gorgeous property.
My Point de Vue hasn´t arrived yet but I can see which page I will turn to first.....
Let us put it this way Roman Abramovich COULD have bought it, and easily most likely.
If he didn´t he probably has another one just like it somewhere. I saw his two enormous yachts/ships when he was in Lisbon (from afar).....tell me who else travels with two huge ships, one to travel in and the other to carry the luggage (and helicopters etc).

ROTFL.........The second "little house" he has according to PdV is the Chateau de la Croe which was owned by the Duke of Windsor and Aristotle Onassis A tad smaller, more manageable.....:wub:Just a mere 2000 sq meters on 8 hectares in the Cap d'Antibes.

I remember seeing Chateau de La Croe in the Windsor books......Now I am really green with envy. Oh how the other half lives! (or is how the other 0.1% live!).....
How many times running would you have to win Euromillions, break the bank of Monte Carlo and then go to Las Vegas and clean them all out, then of course El Gordo in Spain, and then perhaps you would have enough to live like Abramovich.....

Reading at financial magazines one can see "old fortunes" slipping in 10th 15th place and new fortunes emerging from places that were poverty stricken in the very recent past. I suppose most of the "new rich" are truly filthy rich......Amazing! Isn't it??

Looks like Point de Vue is wrong (not that this something new ;)) and Abramovitch has nothing to do with this deal. He was rumoured to be the new owner when the first news about the sale of Villa Leopolda emerged in the French and Belgian press, but Abramovitch´s spokesman denied the story. The price tag for Villa Lepolda is this unreasonably high as the previous owner refused to sell her decent hut for a long time, so the new owner Prokhorov had to increase the pressure, moneywise.
Here´s more about him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikhail_Prokhorov.
Guess Leopold II would be pleased to see Prokhorov holding court at Villa Leopolda, they seem to have a lot in common.

A better view from the sky, you are able to see the entire complex.

Look here.

And another one here.

This villa is absolutely beautiful. It would be wonderful to be able to see it in person.

I´d be happy with the "little " house in the aerial photo!!!

The famous staircase that is featured in the earlier posts is the one Moira Shearer climbs in the film The Red Shoes ( much more overgrown in the film & somehow more romantic).

Moira

Back
Top Bottom