The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Why does the state decide on the colour of paint of a private house? I understand the building may be a monument (though it looks like nothing exceptional to me), but the colour of paint is easily changed and will give no lasting damage to the building. I am sure they will not have it painted in neon colours, so the neighbours can not possibly object either.

The original colour of the house must have been brighter once too... it seems it has not been painted for quite a while, which usually darkens the paint.

Old 02-14-2017, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Why does the state decide on the colour of paint of a private house? I understand the building may be a monument (though it looks like nothing exceptional to me), but the colour of paint is easily changed and will give no lasting damage to the building. I am sure they will have it painted in neon colours, so the neighbours can not possibly object either.

The original colour of the house must have been brighter once too... it seems it has not been painted for quite a while, which usually darkens the paint.
I'm not sure, but I think that the house is... hmm... I think it's called grade 2 listed in the UK. You can change things, but the changes has to be approved by the town planners.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:21 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Why does the state decide on the colour of paint of a private house? I understand the building may be a monument (though it looks like nothing exceptional to me), but the colour of paint is easily changed and will give no lasting damage to the building. I am sure they will not have it painted in neon colours, so the neighbours can not possibly object either.

According to the rules you might need a permit from the municipality if you want to change the colour. But that is only if the change of colour on the building will change the characteristics of the building and/or the neighborhood.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
"Stoppa Pressarna" is the most horrible swedish tabloid out there. They have written so much garbage through the years. Almost worse than Daily Mail.

There is nothing strange about a major renovation, since the house is old, and there has been (if I remember correctly) issues with damp, asbestos and other things.
Yes, Stoppa pressarna is a gossip web magazine - but it quotes (mostly) other swedish magazines (Expressen, Aftonbladet, Hänt Extra, Hänt i Veckan, Svensk Damtidning etc), in this case Svensk Damtidning.
"Sofia totalriver i Lilians hus" Svensk Damtidnings dokument avslöjar
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...-7-700x936.png

Photos of Villa Solbacken taken on 17th February by photographer Noella Johansson.
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cb0&m=gcinmogh
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cb0&m=glelpjhi

Villa Solbacken in September 2014
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
In 2015
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

As I have previously written to this thread Villa Solbacken is classified as a modern k-listed building, green classification. For this reason Carl Philip and Sofia had to apply for any changes they wanted to make, both externally and internally.
"Green classification involves also a high cultural value and means that buildings are particularly valuable from historical, cultural, environmental or artistic point of view. Briefly, green classification means that no intervention in the building may be made which from the cultural point of view are careless, negative for townscape or twist the cultural value."
Stadsmuseets kulturhistoriska klassificering - Stadsmuseet
Old 04-14-2017, 05:01 AM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen tells that the renovation of Villa Solbacken is still going on. It was previously told that Carl Philip and Sofia could move in in March. Jan Lindman, the financial director of the court, says that they don't know when it will be ready, they don't have an exact time schedule. They're still renovating. The renovation is proceeding with some smaller projects and when it is finished, they will start with the interior decoration.
It's now uncertain if the couple at all will be able to move into their house before their second child is born. Lindman says that it can't be said if it will be so. But the renovation goes well, they have come a long way.
Osäkerheten kring drömhuset inför prinsessan Sofias förlossning _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Old 04-14-2017, 06:01 AM
Majesty

Well, this doesn't suprise me at all. I highly doubted that the house would have been ready by March. And now, that Sofia is pregnant again, even in the eventuality the home would be ready any day now, I think the couple would wait for the birth before moving in.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Imperial Majesty

Carl Philip and Sofia can now move to Villa Solbacken, according to Expressen.

- The building can be used and they can move in, says Peter Hedlöf, managing director at the city-building office of the City of Stockholm.
Expressen can reveal that it is Louise "Lussan" Gottlieb who decorated the house. She is one of Madeleine's best friends and has helped Sofia and Carl Philip in the autumn and early spring with their important project.
At the beginning of the project, the couple decided that "Lussan" would be commissioned as interior designer. She runs the interior design firm Gottlieb Design.
Expressen has been in contact with Louise Gottlieb, who greets that she has no comments.
On the entrance level there is, Expressen finds out, a kitchen with connecting dining room, two lounges, wc and an office with storage for clothes. Here the couple can receive guests - partly private ones, as well as official guests whom they receive in their assignments as a Prince or Princess.
Upstairs there is the more private part of the residence, four bedrooms - three smaller and one master bedroom. To the three smaller bedrooms there is a children's bathroom that is specially adapted for the youngest members of the Prince family. Upstairs there is also a private living room.
In the basement, there are necessities such as storage room, laundry room, shower and toilet.
However, the authorization to move in is conditional. There are some controls that for various reasons have not been done and some remarks. They are not deemed to be particularly large and the family can therefore move in. As late as Wednesday afternoon, a few craftsmen were in place at the villa.
- But, in essence, the house works as a home, says Peter Hedlöf.
By the end of June, remarks should have been corrected and checks that have not been done carried out.
- It's a move that will happen gradually. As the plan is now, everything will be done before the summer and before Princess Sofia gives birth in September.
Prinsessan Sofias glädjebesked – flyttar in i sitt drömhus _ Kungligt _ Expressen

Photos of Villa Solbacken taken on 2nd April by photographer Patrik C Österberg.
IBL Bildbyrå

And taken on 17th May by photographer Sven Lindwall.
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...6ca&m=iojmhnen
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...6ca&m=ijonccoc
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...6ca&m=fijhhmig
http://0.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...6ca&m=ijpmbddl
http://2.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...6ca&m=fioejgjh
Old 06-09-2017, 07:49 PM
Courtier

The court now confirms that the family has moved to Villa Solbacken - they are officially also registered at that address. The official date for the move was friday 9'th of June.

Margareta Thorgren also confirms that the renovations were paid privately by the couple, not state funded.

Carl Philip och Sofia har flyttat till Villa Solbacken | Kungligt | Expressen
Old 09-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Prince Carl and Princess Sofia of Sweden

Does anyone know how many sq. feet Villa Solbacken is..the home of Prince Carl and Princess Sofia?
Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Seven rooms, 250 square meters (just under 2700 square feet). There is a thread about the home.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...den-18853.html
Old 09-17-2018, 12:08 AM

Does anybody know?

Does anyone know how many sq. feet Villa Solbacken is..the home of Prince Carl and Princess Sofia?
Old 09-17-2018, 12:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to the swedish press, Villa Solbacken is about 250 square meters.

Tags
residences, sweden