The Prince Pavillion (Prince and Princess of Asturias's House), Madrid

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you, NGalitzine. Maybe I'm just old fashioned but that interior just does nothing for me. It doesn't looks like a warm place and it's quite masculine as well.

I'm sure it cost them a pretty penny to get that done. It amazes me the way the minimalist and clean style tends to cost huge sums to achieve, when there's very little to it.

I think the ground floor is used for semi official functions (eg where the family pictures were taken), the family actual lives on the first floor.

I guess its safe to say that the Kings will be gone when Leonor has done her studies and start duty in Spain, in her mid-twenties. With the last of the Kings gone, F&L will most likely be moving into Zarzuela I, Leonor starting her own life in Zarzuela II. I doubt they will build another house on taxpayers expense on the compound; Sofia jr will move out into a Spanish city a la Elena & Cristina to have her own life, hopefully more lucky in her choice of husband.

Very Architectural Digest and designer chic but I don't think I would want to live with it. Leaves me cold.

Modern design is a very cold look. Some just love it because it is very clean cut but never has a "lived-in" appearance. Nothing ever out of place. Hope that the children's rooms have a girly and happy look with toys, dolls and books all around.

Not a fan of the exterior, but the interior is outstandingly horrid...

It is very 'brown', and very dull...

Give me Victoria & Daniels pad at the Haga Pavilion ANY day of the week !

i also thought the house was rather cold and unwelcoming, however it's nice to see the clean lines of the design. i guess the pictures were maybe taken a long time ago and now the couple have made it more of a home (ie, by filling the bookcases).

yes, haga pavillion is very good looking! victoria and daniel are very lucky to have such a house.

I think some of the interior photos were taken quite a few years ago, before Felipe was married even, as some of the furnishing look a little dated, but I have always like this building and wouldn't mind one like it myself!

From the outside, it doesn't look like it's anything special. To me, it looks like just another celebrity's Hollywood villa. Having said that, I like the interior. Whilst being grand, it also retains that cosy, family feel to it IMO. However I do find it strange that the fireplace was empty - perhaps it's just for decoration. I'd like to see the other parts of the Pavilion, but of course they're privately used by the family.

I do agree with wyevale and carlota though, I much prefer Victoria and Daniel's private apartment at Haga over the Pavilion.

Seeing as it will now be a Kings residence I wonder if the Prince's Pavilion will get a make over or see some more building work over the next few years?

I live in Southern California where this type of house would not look out of place, so I find the exterior and landscaping to be very inviting.

New video of celebrating the King 50th and the house is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom