This estate was owned by the Marquis of walls and began to be rented by Felipe V and his second wife Isabel de Farnesio as hunting. The monarch died in 1746 the widow Queen decided to buy it and build a Palace here by different motives, from the desire to have a domain which was absolute lady once separated from the Court, to the intention of providing his young son, don Luis, an own country residence.
He advised in this matter the Queen his Secretary Marquis Annibale Scotti who, a fan of architecture and little satisfied with Sachetti project for the Royal Palace of Madrid, influenced to create here a corrected and somewhat reduced version of him. The architect was Vigilio Rabaglio, influenced no doubt by the highlights of Bonavia and, of course, by Scotti. Works, begun in 1751, were completed in 1762, but access by Carlos III to the throne of Spain made his mother, Isabel de Farnesio, to return to represent a prominent role in the Court and not more attention paid to this site nor reaching never inhabit. It was incorporated into the heritage of the Crown by Carlos III following the death of the widow Queen in 1766.
Therefore the only Palace served as a hunting lodge in the 18th and 19th century and only resided in the real people for short periods in the second half of the 19th, especially the King consort don Francis of Assisi and Alfonso XII when he widowed, corresponding to these times, interior decoration and furniture.
More information and photos at this link:
Palácio Real de Riofrío - Monarquia Espanhola