Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso, Segovia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zarzuela

Nobility
Country
Thailand
Here are some pictures from the gorgeous La Granja Palace. I wish the SRF would use it more often because it is a real gem.

All the pictures are originally available at the skyscrapercity.com forums and were posted by user madridhere. All the credits are given to him.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/granja_segovia_patrimonio_humanidad_1331745.htm

La Granja (Segovia) aspires to be Patrimonio de la Humanidad

San Ildefonso's Royal Place - La Granja (Segovia) has been postulated before the Spanish committee of the International Council of Monuments and Sites (Icomos), in order that it is declared by the UNESCO as Patrimony of the Humanity, so much for its monumental like natural wealth.

The lieutenant of mayor Jose Luis Vázquez, of the PSOE, this way it explained and stressed that La Granja is characterized, besides, ' by the narrow links of their inhabitants with their patrimony, using systems of management to achieve that it generates wealth and qualified employment '.

Between other monuments, La Granja possesses the Royal Palace, ordered to construct for Felipe V and his wife Isabel de Farnesio, with gardens and famous fountains for the games of water, as well as the Royal Factory of Crystals, linked to the Wreath from Carlos III, in the XVIIIth century.

Is this the La Granja in Mallorca? If it is, I went there this summer. It is a beautiful palace and it would make a great holiday getaway for the Spanish Royal Family.

Is this the La Granja in Mallorca? If it is, I went there this summer. It is a beautiful palace and it would make a great holiday getaway for the Spanish Royal Family.

La Granja de San Ildefonso is in Segovia north of Madrid.The Spanish Royal Family have the Marivent Palace for holidays in Mallorca.

The rooms of La Granja de San Ildefonso had porcelain and ceramic vases from China and Japan.

Beginning in 1721, King Philip V began building the new La Granja Palace and gardens modeled on Versailles which his grandfather King Louis XIV of France owned.

Back
Top Bottom