Where do they live?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helena

Aristocracy
City
Aerdenhout
Country
Netherlands
HM the Queen lives in Palace 'Huis ten Bosch' in The Hague (near Wassenaar)

Her Majesty's workpalace/ office is Noordeinde Palace, in the center of The Hague. Janet only saw the front of the palace, which is rather small. King Willem I added some extra buildings to thepalace & it is quite large, but you can only see that from the backside.

Princess Juliana & Prince Bernhard are living at Soestdijk POalace, Baarn (almost the center of the country, near Utrecht)

Villa Eikenhorst in Wassenaar is build on grounds that once belonged to Prince Frederik (2nd son of King Willem I, father of Queen Louise of Sweden & Norway), the grounds where inherited by his 2nd daughter Marie, Princess of Wied, she sold the grounds (Raaphorst, de Horsten etc. to her niece Queen Wilhelmina) In the 80-ties Princess Christina built a villa on the estate, now it is beiing recdecorated for the Prince & Princess of Orange

Palace op de Dam is only used for ceremonial purposes, sometimes heads oof state will spent the night there during a state visit (not often though)

The Queen also owns the wonderful small Castle ''Drakensteyn' which is next to Soestdijk palace, she lived there before she became Queen. Sometimes she spent the weekends over there (not very often) and it is expected that either Johan-Friso or Constantijn will establish there with their family.

In Apeldoorn there is palace 'Het Loo', favorite resort of Queen Wilhelmina, but now used as a museum, on the estete Princess Margriet & her husband are living in a bungalow. On the same estate there is the castle 'het oude Loo' used when the family wants to hunt.

Princess Irene lives in a large house in 'Wijk bij Duurstede (below Utrecht)

Princess Juliana & Prince Bernhard have the villa 'l'elephante felice' in Porto Ercole, the owns queen an old farm in Tavernele, Tuscany.

I believe that Princess Margriet also owns a chalet in Lech.

Where do the Dutch royals live and work?

Who know in what city living and working dutch royalty?

Maxima and Alexander live with their daughters in Wassenaar

Laurentien and Constatijn live and work in Brussel . Their daughter Eloise goes to a french-speaking school .

Mabel and Friso live in Londen , their daughter Luana was also born there.

Marilene and Maurits , Annette and Bernard Jr live in Amsterdam

Princess Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn, a town somwhere in the middle of the Netherlands, I believe.

Maurits & Marilene are living in Amsterdam. Maurits is working for Phillips and Marilene for Ahold. Bernhard and Annette also live in Amsterdam, Irene lives in Wijk-bij-Duurstede and Christina in NYC.

Maxie said:
Princess Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn, a town somwhere in the middle of the Netherlands, I believe.

That's right! Pieter-Christiaan and Anita live as his brothers Maurits and Bernhard in Amsterdam.

Marilène said:
That's right! Pieter-Christiaan and Anita live as his brothers Maurits and Bernhard in Amsterdam.

But what about Floris? Where does he live? That's the only one I don't know!!!

Marengo said:
Maurits & Marilene are living in Amsterdam. Maurits is working for Phillips and Marilene for Ahold.

I didn't realize that Marilene still worked? Three kids under the age of 5 and she's still working?! What does she do exactly? I think I read that she worked for a grocery company?

for royal Ahold, owner of various supermarket chains. I believe she is involved with marketing. The website of the Royal House says that she works part-time. Maybe Maurits works 4 days a week or Marilene can do some work from home? They seem to 'manage' their family rather well...

Aimee works for an automobile company named Pons. Until recently she worked at the dutch bank Fortis. Floris is policy officer with the Public Prosecution Service.

I've heard conflicting accounts about where they live. utrecht or amsterdam? does anyone know?

yeah, Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn. they used to live at Paleis het Loo (in Apeldoorn) but when that became a national museum they moved to a regular house. a very nice one i'm sure, though i've never seen any fotos of it.

Laurentien does freelance consulting in the field of communications. no doubt that's a great way for her to balance career/motherhood/ many royal duties.

Constantijn does some freelance consulting. i'm not quite sure in what area. he also works part time for Rand. he used to work at the extremely prestigious firm Booz Allen & Hamilton in London.

someone told me she was walking it the gardens of Het Loo when it was open for the public and she came across a woman who was walking her dog and she said "you are not allowed to walk your dog here" and the woman answered "yes, but I live here" (it was margriet)

pollyemma said:
Aimee works for an automobile company named Pons. Until recently she worked at the dutch bank Fortis. Floris is policy officer with the Public Prosecution Service.

I've heard conflicting accounts about where they live. utrecht or amsterdam? does anyone know?

yeah, Margriet and Pieter live in Apeldoorn. they used to live at Paleis het Loo (in Apeldoorn) but when that became a national museum they moved to a regular house. a very nice one i'm sure, though i've never seen any fotos of it.

Laurentien does freelance consulting in the field of communications. no doubt that's a great way for her to balance career/motherhood/ many royal duties.

Constantijn does some freelance consulting. i'm not quite sure in what area. he also works part time for Rand. he used to work at the extremely prestigious firm Booz Allen & Hamilton in London.

Thanks for the link Maud Alexandra. I had never noticed that there was a section on Het Loo House on the official site.

Here are a few (really old) pictures that I guess were taken when Margriet & Pieter were showing off their new house to the press in the fall of 1975. (I am sure it has been remodelled a time or two since then). I always laugh when people refer to it as a bungalow; perhaps technically that is correct, but I am sure it is not quite your average two bedroom bungalow.

Sources: ANP, unknown

Squidgy said:
perhaps technically that is correct, but I am sure it is not quite your average two bedroom bungalow.

Well, that's the kind of house we call a bungalow over here. Normally they are a bit bigger than a normal home, those bungalows. Thanks for the photos, by the way. It's always good to see some retro pictures of the royals! ;)

Maxie said:
Well, that's the kind of house we call a bungalow over here. Normally they are a bit bigger than a normal home, those bungalows. Thanks for the photos, by the way. It's always good to see some retro pictures of the royals! ;)

Glad you enjoyed the pictures Maxie.:)

In Canada when we say "bungalow", it usually means a rather small, one story house; Het Loo House looks huge. They probably have bathrooms that are the size of my WHOLE apartment.;) OK, maybe I am exagerating a bit, but it does look like a large house.

Why can't the other two sons of Beatrix stay in Netherlands. Did not realize Frisco's daughter was born in London. What about Constatijn? Do the children know how to speak Dutch?

Squidgy said:
In Canada when we say "bungalow", it usually means a rather small, one story house; Het Loo House looks huge. They probably have bathrooms that are the size of my WHOLE apartment.;) OK, maybe I am exagerating a bit, but it does look like a large house.

Every one story house is called a bungalow over here, I guess. Dutch people are just weird, that's all. ;)

But Margriets house/bungalow is huge indeed. When Ivo Niehe interviewd Prof Pieter van Vollenhoven (and Margriet) it was done from their house. I saw many different rooms and they seemed spacious and light.

Now for other members of the RF:
Juliana Guillermo lives in London, Margarita and Jaime of Bourbon-Parma both live in Amsterdam and Maria-Carolina of Bouron-Parma lives in NYC.

Home of Constantijn and Laurentien

I know they live in Brussels. Does anyone know where exactly? Thank you.

Laurentine and Constanjin live in Brussels - Why?

Where do Mabel and Friso live?

didem said:
Laurentine and Constanjin live in Brussels - Why?

Where do Mabel and Friso live?

Because Constantijn and Laurentien work there.
The same goes for Mabel and Friso, they work and live in London.

Where do Mabel, Laurentine, Marilene, Anette, Anita, Aimee...
have you any photos?

I have no pictures of their houses but Maurits and Benrhard + families both live in Amsterdam Zuid or Oud-Zuid. I believe Floris also lives in Amsterdam as do Jaime of Bourbon-Parma and his twin sister Margarita (the latter in a new neighbourhood, possible Zeeburg or IJburg). Prince Pieter-Christiaan has moved to Noordwijk (near Leiden), Mabel lives in Kensington, London while Constantijn and family are living in Brussels.
I have never seen a picture of Friso's and Constantijn's appartments though. The houses of Maurits, Bernhard, Floris and Jaime are sometimes pictured in a gossip magazine but they are not available online.

I have no pictures of their houses but Maurits and Benrhard + families both live in Amsterdam Zuid or Oud-Zuid. I believe Floris also lives in Amsterdam as do Jaime of Bourbon-Parma and his twin sister Margarita (the latter in a new neighbourhood, possible Zeeburg or IJburg). Prince Pieter-Christiaan has moved to Noordwijk (near Leiden), Mabel lives in Kensington, London while Constantijn and family are living in Brussels.
I have never seen a picture of Friso's and Constantijn's appartments though. The houses of Maurits, Bernhard, Floris and Jaime are sometimes pictured in a gossip magazine but they are not available online.

Marengo Thanks for details. I wonder, I wanted to see the photos for.​

I'm sure this was asked and answered after Princess Beatrix announced her abdication, but will WA and Maxima move now that he is King or will they continue to live where they are now? Thanks

They will eventually move to Huis ten Bosh once Beatrix relocates to her private estate.

They will eventually move to Huis ten Bosh once Beatrix relocates to her private estate.

Thanks, NGalitzine, I do remember seeing the posts about Beatrix and her move but couldn't recall the rest.

The Princess now lives at Drakensteyn,but Huis ten Bosch Palace undergoes major renovations & updates,so it won't be until somewhere next year till the RF can move in.:)

I am a bit surprised. Prince Constantijn bought a nice house (which needs a total updo) but it is pretty un-secluded, easy accessible for anyone who wants to do them harm. I expected the "reserve King" to take up residence at the lush and green royal estate De Horsten, where the King lives in the Villa Eikenhorst.

The new princely house is a nice object with four bedrooms and three bathrooms, an annex for an office, and it is situated in the Benoordenhout area (a stately neighbourhood in The Hague), it is situated alongside a canal but I wonder what will happen to Eikenhorst? Will the King keep it apart as a future house for Princess Catharina-Amalia?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom