Villa Eikenhorst & Estate 'De Horsten', Wassenaar

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tina

Courtier
City
Irgendwo im Nirgendwo
Country
Germany
Wassenaar

Attachments

• willem_alexander__2001__de_horsten__luchtfoto__maxima__wassenaar._1.JPG
    willem_alexander__2001__de_horsten__luchtfoto__maxima__wassenaar._1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 9,344
The photo's from the eikenhorst inside, came frome a builder in the house!
but i can't find the pictures of the house anymore, who can helo me?

I mean the photo's of the interior of the eikenhorst, the house of Prince Willem-Alexander, Princess Máxima and little Amalia.

I can only find the pictures of the eikenhorst outside, please,who can help me?

bumping this thread up. Does anyone know where you can find photos of Eikenhorst?

I think printing them is illegal in holland and you can be taken to court for it, but maybe the international situation is different.

Gabriella said:
bumping this thread up. Does anyone know where you can find photos of Eikenhorst?

susan alicia said:
I think printing them is illegal in holland and you can be taken to court for it, but maybe the international situation is different.

Really? That is interesting. I'm just curious to know, why would it be illegal in Holland?

The press made some pics in the Eikenhorst. All the rooms were photographed. W-A and Maxima were furieus and went to the court. They won and the press had to pay some money. Don't know how much.
I think it is illigal to make photographs of private property and then place it in a gossipmagazine.

But the rooms were under renovation so it's not like we got to see what the couple's actual rooms look like.

in addition, one on the builders/decorating team took pictures of the empty house, their bathroom and some other rooms and sold them.
It was done without their permission and the amount of money the magazine had to pay was not little.

QUOTE=DDD]The press made some pics in the Eikenhorst. All the rooms were photographed. W-A and Maxima were furieus and went to the court. They won and the press had to pay some money. Don't know how much.
I think it is illigal to make photographs of private property and then place it in a gossipmagazine.[/QUOTE]

eikenhorst.jpg
a better view of the facade.

Villa Eikenhorst from Prince Willem-Alexander and his family

Attachments

• pi-ve-001-groot.jpg
    pi-ve-001-groot.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 13,325
Some paths on the Horsten estate received a new name. The PoO and Princess Maxima received plates of streetnames for each daughter and they had them placed on the estate. So there now is an Amalialaan, a Alexia Julianapad and a Ariane Wilhelminapad

The kitchen is quite modern and streamlined when compared to the rest of the photos.

Some paths on the Horsten estate received a new name. The PoO and Princess Maxima received plates of streetnames for each daughter and they had them placed on the estate. So there now is an Amalialaan, a Alexia Julianapad and a Ariane Wilhelminapad

Wow thats a neat idea. I love it. Thanks Marengo :flowers:

Thank yo so much for sharing the photos of the inside of the house, it looks so regal the place with exeption of the kitchen, so modern and quite small considering the big place it is!!!!! I really would love to see how she decorated!!! how it looks today!! and specially I would love to see her closet!!!!!!

Yeah, fat chance. If there is one private Royal family, it's them.

Yeah, fat chance. If there is one private Royal family, it's them.
I don't blmae them, probably I would be the same, but still it would be nice to see the inside how it looks today and how many people is working there to keep the lace, nice and tidy!!!!

I don't blmae them, probably I would be the same, but still it would be nice to see the inside how it looks today

I feel exactly the same....
Feel that I am prying but just so curious to see how Maxima has chosen to decorate her home... :rolleyes:

I feel exactly the same....
Feel that I am prying but just so curious to see how Maxima has chosen to decorate her home... :rolleyes:

I agree. My curiosity is piqued. I would imagine the house to have bright colors throughout. Maxima has such a bright personality, and I imagine that her home would reflect this.

I hope so, sgl, otherwise I dont think that it wouldnt feel right. To me, at any rate...

I saw 2 photos, and sorry I can not remeber where, once was of Alexia, in her birhtday with some tradtional outfit , and it looks in hr house, very regal pleace but with a very modern paiting that I presume could be her sisters, too modern for my taste I did not like it, other photos with 2 of the girls on the floor playing like in the dinning room, what i remeber a formal seat but all a kind of difuse so you could not see much the background! but may be somebody in the forum has some photos t share!

There was a small operette about 3 farms on the Horsten estate. Newspaper ' Volkskrant' published recently that the prince wanted to demolish 3 farms with an historical value, build new houses and exploit it commercially.

Now, the RVD wrote a response and the newspaper seems to have done some very bad journalism. Among other things, the houses are no monuments at all, there are no plans to demolish them yet, the estate is property of HM the Queen, and I believe the houses are of one of the Queen's sisters. There was a plan how to make the estate break-even. Considering the number of mistakes in the article, it makes you wonder about the state of Dutch press (as VK is considered to be one of the quality newspapers).

Good that the RVD corrects it IMHO (I hope they will do it more often in the future), but I have to say that the way they did it doesn't win any beauty peagants. It seems patronising to write in somebody else's text, and the style of the whole things makes you wonder if the piece has been written by a high school student, or a junior intern at the very best:

http://content1c.omroep.nl/7a3adfa3...9/4c935b3f/nos/docs/080910_rvd_volkskrant.pdf

And perhaps somebody can reveal to the RVD that it is possible to change documents to pdf format, so people can not change the content (they are warning for that,before they start correcting the article).

Another thing is, that although the RVD corrcted many mistakes, not much/nothing was published in the press about it. Perhaps next time an open letter to the editor would ensure more exposure (as a way to correct lies).

----
A clip of the RVD, where they explain the reason why the RF is looking for ways to make the estate make break-even

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/Actueel/Video/Video_Landgoed_de_Horsten_16_september_2010.html

Last edited:
Last week it became clear that prince Pieter-Christiaan and princess Anita also have plan to move to the estate, provided they get the right building permits.

----

And an update on the 'historic' farms: they are filled with asbestos. The farm on Eikenhorst 3 has 600 m2 of asbestos and the farm on raaphorst 5 has 200 m2 of asbestos. This was revealed by the Volkskrant, a newspaper that has a row with the RVD about their reports on the estate. According to the RVD it is 'old news'.

Asbest hindert sloop boerderijen De Horsten - Binnenland - VK

So even if they get the license to demolish the buildings it will be a slow and expensive affair to remove the asbestos.

Another small fight: the RVD denies that there are already official plans about what to build on the location of the farms, Leo Dubbelaar, of an organization that wants to preserve the 'historic' farms claims that there is such a plan and that he will find it.

Sigh.

------------------
And on monday the RVD published the first paper of the file in which the royal family asks permission to demolish the farms:

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/dsc8bb3.pdf?c=getobject&s=obj&objectid=34098&ext=document.pdf

This happened due to the row with the Volkskrant. De newspaper stated that the prince of Orange asked for the demolishment, but the file states B.W.A. van Oranje-Nassau (B.W.A. = Beatrix Wilhelmina Armgard). The RVD already pointed this out and also added that the estate is property of the Queen, not of the prince.

Last edited:
A 'tweet' by the RVD: 'will the Volkskrant finally stop publishing false information? Not the prince but the Queen asked for the documents'.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/static/FOTO/pe/12/0/2/media_xl_314177.jpg?20101109081113

- now the Volkskrant replies that they never said that the Prince asked for these papers, BUT that the prince actually has spoken with the mayor of Wassenaar about demolishing the farms.

I didn't agree the first time that the RVD openly attacked the Volkskrant and I do not like it this second time either. It is not their task to get caught up in a fight (or even cause it, as is the case here), and it seems rather childish namecalling. Added to that, the tweet seems again to be written by an intern or so. Although everybody writes 'info' instead of information/informatie, I don't think an official institute like the royal house/RVD should do that.

According to the 'Leidsch Dagblad' a hiking trail at the Horsten estate will be changed. At the moment the trail is close to the new house of Princess Margarita of Bourbon-Parma and her husband. It will be changed to give the family some more privacy.

The princess followed the normal procedure with the municipalty of Wassenaar for this btw.
LD - Prinses Margarita krijgt privacy van gemeente Wassenaar

Courtesy: Martin T. at the BRMB.

Back
Top Bottom