Ranch Estancia Pilpilcura, Argentina

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antonieta

Courtier
City
Guimarães
Country
Portugal
I read on other board that crown prince couple has bought a farm in Argentina. I even saw the photo´s of farm, i'll try post the link.

I also read that the farm is located on The Argentine Patagonia Area, it costed around U$S 3.500.000. The farm its in front of a nice river to practice where it can be fishing fishing and practicise kayaks. The main activity of both Princess in their every visit to the Patagonia Argentina. Maxima arrived with Willem-Alexander Monday February 02, 2009 on a private flight from Europe stay for first time on their new house.
I apologise because it doesn´t have a link to put the photo's, and for, not knowin for sure if these story it's true.

Nothing has been mentioned about it in the Dutch press, and the Argentinian source seems to be a gossip magazine. The couple is in the process of aqcuiring a house in Mozambique though, can't imagine they will buy another property so soon afterwards, esp. considering the negative press the house in Mozambique already received.

It might be a trick to raise interest in a house, I beleive that some real estate agents in Portofino spread the ruumour that Queen Beatrix bought a property there and of course the Prince of Orange was supposed to have bought the holiday house of prince Laurent of Belgium in Sicily, both false stories.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Well, the rumour at least has some foundation. Thanks Victoria! Let's hope they rented it. Though technically they are free to do with their money as they like, any mentioning of the RF in the press in the combination with money gives a lot of negative reactions.

Last edited:
Royalblog has an article about it in Dutch: Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Prinselijk paar investeert in Argentinië

It says that the rumours are circulating in the Argentinian press and that these rumours are not denied in The Hague. The farm is named Estancia Pilpilcura. The RVD says that the couple did not buy a holiday house and that they do not comment on private investments of the royal family, leaving the way open for the farm as an investment.

An article in Spanish: Máxima y Guillermo estuvieron en Pilpilcura According to this article the farm is on the name of Martin Zorreguieta, Máxima's brother, but the information has not been verified.

Last edited:
Houses in 3 continents: Europe, Africa and America! Wow! Since they travel so many times to Argentina, it's understandable why they want a house of their own there (if these rumours are true).
It seems a very big farm. Will they still aqcuire the house in Mozambique? What does the Dutch press say about this new big investment?

she is from capitl federal, buenos aires, so this place is in patagonia , it is not where she grow up, so may be it is for investment only, not to stay there

I believe that Jorge and Carmen Zorreguieta also had (or still have) property in Patagonia, and Maxima's brother Martin has two restaurants in the area too.

What does the Dutch press say about this new big investment?

Nothing.It is private and not confirmed either.I have commented on Royalblog and received a e-mail by hj
saying if the Argentinean press wrote it they were sure they didn't "walk on one nights ice" ...sure.....they
do not wish it NOT to be true for the sales...Any word said on the matter is a word said too much as long
as it is about reactions to pulp rags.
Including Royalblog.This time.

Last edited:
I thought they didn't want to go to Argentinia too often because of the paps?

True, princess Maxima told the press so much last year during the press conference in Lech. But their daughters only have been there once afterwards, to visit their grandfather who just underwent an operation.

The blog entry I wrote for the TRF blog:

According to the Argentinian press the Dutch crown princely couple bought a farm called ‘Estancia Pilpilcura’ in Pilcaniyeu, Argentina, for the amount of 3,5 million dollars. The rumours are not denied by the RVD. The farm is located in the province of Patagonia, close to Bariloche where the Zorreguieta family enjoy to ski and where princess Máxima’s brother Martin has a restaurant.

The RVD denied that the prince and princess bought another house for the holidays, but added that they do not comment on private investments made by the royal family. According to Argentinian newspaper ‘Rio Negra’ the ‘estancia’ has 1500 acres of land and the area is perfect for fishing and riding horses. They also claim that the house was bought in the name of Martin Zorreguieta, information that has not been verified yet.

Last year the aquisition of another house on the peninsula Machangulo in Mozambique was heavily criticized in the Dutch press, which led to questions about the plans in Parliament, but this time only GPD’s royal blog and boulevard magazine Privé has paid any attention to it thus far.

Last edited:
well , does not mean that may be in time to time they go for a couple a days for vacation but it is a very good investment indeed!

True, princess Maxima told the press so much last year during the press conference in Lech. But their daughters only have been there once afterwards, to visit their grandfather who just underwent an operation.

The blog entry I wrote for the TRF blog:
Marengo,
How do you believe that the public will react to this news? Do they consider it to be a private matter or is there some grumbling about it?

It certainly seems very private and would be a hard place for the Media to camp out ............ politically is the area safe?? I know very little about Patagonia but it sure looks peaceful and beautiful. If its a farm, what would their "crops" be ??

Marengo,
How do you believe that the public will react to this news? Do they consider it to be a private matter or is there some grumbling about it?

Just some grumbling comments on internet forums of newspapers, etc. but that usually happening on any topic they post there (I remember people referring to Ingrid Betancourt as an attention seeker when she was just rescued from the FARC, lots of bitter and sad people use the anonimity of forums to post all kinds of vernom). To be honest, most people couldn't care less and think that the couple is free to do with their money as they see fit. And added to that: they bought it with Maxima's family nand they probably won't use it much since the princesses are stalked by the press if they go to Argentina, so it is obvious that it is an investment, as the RVD says.

Just gossip magazine 'Prive' is making a big thing about it, as the editor has a personal vendetta against the royal family since he and his magazine were sued by the RF on various occassions (always won by the RF). Of course a gossip magazine with a bitter editor does not have the power to dominate the public debate, so the villa is a non-topic. As long as no politician will talk about it it will stay that way, and it seems that the MP's are sensible about it this time and refer to it as private affairs of the couple. That is apart from D66's Alexander Pechtold who mentioned bad timing, recession and sucht.

A picture from the Telegraaf: http://www.telegraaf.nl/jsp/foto_wi...ve/00605/pandje890_jpg_605743d.jpg&caption=De

Last edited:
Thank you Marengo. On another site, one of the posters had shared some of the comments from the readers and I have been trying to get an idea of the public's reaction. I appreciate your opinon on this topic.

According to boulevard magazine 'Privé', the Queen and prince Willem-ALexander also bought land in Muella Piedra, near Angostura. The property of the Queen is supposed to be 7300 square meters while the one of the prince is 8100 square meters/ The costs of it were 1.500.000 million each. There are plans to build a villa on the properties but it is not sure what will happen to these villa's. The land is in a forest with thress that are up to 400 years old.

Now, Privé is not the most reliable source, though they do get it right once in a while, which is why I am posting this.

Acording to the editorial of Prive, their reporter Barbara Plugge wnet to Argentina and spoke to Maxima's brother and the mayor of the village where they bought the ranch. According to Plugge it is the mayor who claism that the Queen also bought land in the area.

I believe that Jorge and Carmen Zorreguieta also had (or still have) property in Patagonia, and Maxima's brother Martin has two restaurants in the area too.

Didn't know about Jorge and Carmen properties there. However, I know for sure that Maxima's borther does have a restaurant in Villa La Angostura, province of Neuquén, Patagonia's region. I didn't know he had two restaurants...:eek:

Vanesa.

Didn't know about Jorge and Carmen properties there. However, I know for sure that Maxima's borther does have a restaurant in Villa La Angostura, province of Neuquén, Patagonia's region. I didn't know he had two restaurants...:eek:

Vanesa.

It's all speculation by a dutch rag.Nada mas.

Back
Top Bottom