The Princessehof (three mansions combined together to form a small city palais, see picture
) only served as residence to Marie Luise of Nassau, Princess of Orange born Princess of Hessen-Kassel.
Since 1917 it is in use as a museum. Because of this connotation, the building remains known as "the Princess' Court".
The residence of the Oranges in Frisia/Friesland was the Stadtholderly Court in the same city as the Prinsessehof ( picture
). These modest buildings make clear that the importance was somewhere else (The Hague, Amsterdam).
In the 1970's Queen Juliana sold the Stadtholderly Court. It had no use anymore. These days the former palais is in use as a hotel.