"William And Kate" (2011) - Lifetime Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the point in airing a TV programme named "William & Kate: the Love Story", unless it is conceived as a money-making effort.

The Windsor family have always been a family of servicemen/ -women. And I suspect they always will. It goes with being part of the British Royal Family, and also being the figurehead of the Commonwealth.

Against this background, the "younger Royals" are having to tread a careful path between forging their own lives (university, career etc.) and being media personalities.

Already, the marriages of Andrew, Anne and Charles have had to be sacrificed on the altar of mediatisation.
I hope and pray that the younger generation will learn from these events and try to carve out some way of living.

"William And Kate" (April 2011) - TV film from US network Lifetime

"William And Kate"

"Unknown British actress Camilla Luddington has been cast as Kate Middleton in a planned movie about the royal wedding. Luddington, 27, will star in the television film about the royal romance being made by US TV network Lifetime. She has previously had minor roles in American shows including Days Of Our Lives and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

The production, which will be called William And Kate, stars New Zealand-born actor Nico Evers Swindell as the prince. It is rumoured the Prince of Wales will be played by British performer Ben Cross, best known for his portrayal of the Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire.

A synopsis of the movie says: 'The film chronicles the history of William and Kate - from the moment the two students met at Scotland's prestigious University of St Andrews, through the ups and downs of their nine-year courtship complicated by social and Royal Family pressures, and intense global media attention surrounding their storybook nuptials.' "

This movie has the makings of just being too cheesy for words....like the Charles and Diana and Charles and Camilla movies that were made.

Nonetheless, I am afraid I will be watching it. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do:flowers:

Ben Cross.....sure...ill watch good actor

Hmmmmm... I'm with you Zonk, sounds cheesy but I'll most likely be watching it as well!

This movie has the makings of just being too cheesy for words....like the Charles and Diana and Charles and Camilla movies that were made.

Nonetheless, I am afraid I will be watching it. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do:flowers:

I will be watching it also. Just need a good place to hide the remote during that time. :)

Have watched all the movies of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. I'm assuming this movie will be aired after the wedding as 4 months wouldn't be enough time to do a movie. I will be watching the movie when it comes out.

The son of one of the Queen's top staff has landed a key role in a new Lifetime film about the romance and marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
British actor Richard Reid, whose father is the Queen's chief accountant Sir Alan Reid, is set to portray the role of Marcus, a character believed to be loosely based on William's best friend Guy Pelly.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...e-new-Prince-William-Kate-Middleton-film.html

I'm looking forward to seeing the movie. Just tell me when it's being aired and I'll be watching.

The first reviews are in...

Royally Wedding film review: Prince William and Kate Middleton movie slated by critics | Mail Online

Royally ridiculous: "William & Kate - The Movie" is slated by critics but may end up being a cult classic

16 April 2011
There are already hundreds of tacky Royal wedding memorabilia on sale - but a made-for-TV film telling the story of William and Kate's romance could trump the lot in the bad-taste stakes. The critics say it's so bad, it's good - and it could even have the royal couple themselves reaching for the popcorn for a viewing.

However, they might be watching some scenes through their fingers, because director Mark Rosman didn't exactly make accuracy his number one priority.

The acting is described as wooden - or worse.Movie critics have given the film an damning verdict, and have certainly not minced their words. 'So bad it's awful, toe-curlingly, teeth-furringly, pillow-bitingly ghastly,' said The Guardian newspaper. Andrew Billen writing in The Times says the movie is 'glorious kitsch' that's 'too ridiculous to offend'. American critics have lambasted it, too, describing it as one of the cheesiest movies ever made.

I got a feeling it will be cliche,chessy,and sterotypical in other words,another Lifetime movie.

I think this might make my "so bad it's actually funny to watch" list along with The Prince and Me 2.
"Much is made in the film of the unlikelihood that William would ever marry a commoner." Only they forget that Diana, Sarah and the Queen Mum were all technically commoners, as in not royal, and that girl in the trailer tells Kate "Royals marry royals."

William and Kate: The Lifetime TV Movie

On April 18, 2011 Lifetime TV in USA debuted William and Kate.

William & Kate Movie - Official Site | myLifetime.com

What do yall think of the Movie? Personally I think this will be the first in a long line of movies about Will and Kate.

Also the actors who play in the movie don't really resemble our lovely royal family and Kate...anyways thats my opnion

kyansaunt20 said:
On April 18, 2011 Lifetime TV in USA debuted William and Kate.

William & Kate Movie - Official Site | myLifetime.com

What do yall think of the Movie? Personally I think this will be the first in a long line of movies about Will and Kate.

Also the actors who play in the movie don't really resemble our lovely royal family and Kate...anyways thats my opnion

The Kate has no accent and the whole movie is cheesy but it's also sort of sweet. Watched it for fun but not worth taking to seriously but it is cute knowing how in love they are...... (and it's only the begining of the movie we'll see if it gets better or worse)

I am watching it...its just as bad as I thought but I can't stop watching it.

Oh Ben Cross and Victoria Tennant...you both had such great careers...what the heck happened? Why are you in this movie?

My gran is watching it, though she has very limited English (we're on the phone actually, and she's giving me play-by-play, since I refuse to watch it).

Guess my post didn't get carried over?

I think it's cheesy and sweet at the same time because in real life they're so in love but it is silly/cheesy ...... Also the Kate has no accent

Edit- him singing to her? I'm embarrassed for him and I thought they weren't snapped skiing/kissing until 2004

Last edited:

That seems to be the general consensus on Twitter too. :lol: I can't wait to watch it.

Favorite new cheesy movie fact courtesy of @ellakaytweets: Lady Sarah Chatto's husband, Daniel, played Prince Andrew in a cheesy Charles and Diana TV movie in the '80s...

Guess my post didn't get carried over?

I think it's cheesy and sweet at the same time because in real life they're so in love but it is silly/cheesy ...... Also the Kate has no accent

Edit- him singing to her? I'm embarrassed for him and I thought they weren't snapped skiing/kissing until 2004

I had to walk out the room I was so embarassed for the actors. My sister is laughing at me :ROFLMAO:

I'm getting the gist that this film is creating a sense of amusement amongst those of us who are following the characters portrayed in it (well I'm finding the film amusing, at least from what I've heard of it). It's better to take it for what it is, an attempt at entertainment, albeit a poor one.

That being said, I await a call from my grandmother so that she can resume her play-by-play commentary of this particular piece of cinematography.

Oh Ben Cross and Victoria Tennant...you both had such great careers...what the heck happened? Why are you in this movie?

Right ... the acting is not so good(I'm being polite) but I have not moved from the couch:ermm: when this movie is over there is a special on the wedding first of six parts...

Last edited:
Lady Ann said:
Right ... the acting is not so good but I have not moved from the couch:ermm:

True, but this 'kate' seems more whiny then real Kate (not that I know her) ....but...I'm still watching- ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom