"William And Kate" (2011) - Lifetime Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will be watching the movie on monday, cause it will air on my country's tv. i dont have high hopes for it of course.
in the end im sure i will keep as my royal favourite film the Letizia and Felipe one, that sure was interesting!!!

do you guys know if any other royal couples got a based film like Felipe&Leti and/or W&K?

i will be watching the movie on monday, cause it will air on my country's tv. i dont have high hopes for it of course.
in the end im sure i will keep as my royal favourite film the Letizia and Felipe one, that sure was interesting!!!

do you guys know if any other royal couples got a based film like Felipe&Leti and/or W&K?
I've heard there were the same type of movie for Prince Charles and Diana,Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson

KPWillie said:
It would have depressed me, too, except I was laughing too hard.

Although it did actually bring tears to my eyes.

I've heard there were the same type of movie for Prince Charles and Diana,Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson

Yes, there were. And they were equally horrific. By the way, the actress(?) who was cast as Carole Middleton was the same actress who was cast as Princess Diana in a 1990 TV movie. She was terrible in that as well. :ohmy:

I remember watching the Charles and Diana movie in the Eighties when Catherine Oxenburg was Diana and it was so bad. The ads for the movie made a special deal that Catherine was Royalty playing Royalty. It was true, but it didn't make any difference in the poor movie.

Yes, there were. And they were equally horrific. By the way, the actress(?) who was cast as Carole Middleton was the same actress who was cast as Princess Diana in a 1990 TV movie. She was terrible in that as well. :ohmy:

Yes your right.I had forgotten that.That was a terrible movie as well

Guys...they are all terrible movies!

Thats' the fun in them. At least that's why I watch them.

OMG I couldn't watch it and I've seen some bad royal movies. I think I only saw an hour of it.. ugh. bad..

no one knows what happen between the pictures we got to see over the last 8 years. The way the "writer" of the script decided to fill those gaps it's what really amazes me. The scene of the couple kissing in front of the photographers, come'on! :D
I'm still not convinced they will kiss on the balcony :p

The writers definitely tried to tie in the pictures, the problem is that some of it is awfully wrong.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there had been rumours that William was involved with a roommate (but I don't think this was the case at the time and they were deneid by Clarence House). The first time the press got caught of Kate it was because she and William were hugging/kissing but they did that unaware that their picture was being taken. No way did William and Kate walk up to the photographers and starting kissing.

Zonk said:
The writers definitely tried to tie in the pictures, the problem is that some of it is awfully wrong.

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think that there had been rumours that William was involved with a roommate (but I don't think this was the case at the time and they were deneid by Clarence House). The first time the press got caught of Kate it was because she and William were hugging/kissing but they did that unaware that their picture was being taken. No way did William and Kate walk up to the photographers and starting kissing.

Yes at first CH denied he was dating Kate, and those pics were in like 2004 or something and William and Kate may have known photographers were present but they only were kissing on cheek and holding hands- they didn't prance up to photographers and start making out- you're very right Zonk!

I watched this movie for the first time last night. Ugh! It was truly horrendous. The actor that played William didn't remotely even resemble him. Horrible and cheesy acting all the way around for both the leads. :ermm:

Well,my impressions about the movie,of course it's far no professional and doesn't reveal all more or less true fact moments:Kate talking to Chrales,William singing,Kate's jeaulousy etc.,but for children or people who don't know them well it's a good romantic movie.Who is the Kate's best friend(the brunette girl) in the movie?Actually prince Harry was portrayed nearly all time like a drunk.
Though I admit love at first sight moment,Kate's courageous nature,the support Kate received from her family,William's discussions with father were depicted more or less true-only because this happened as in each family could occur.I am sure the other movies after years will be released in different styles precisely.

Rai 1 in Italy will broadcast the film Wednesday in primetime.

In Poland TVN will show it on Monday.
I don't know watch it or not...

Well,my impressions about the movie,of course it's far no professional and doesn't reveal all more or less true fact moments:Kate talking to Chrales,William singing,Kate's jeaulousy etc.,but for children or people who don't know them well it's a good romantic movie.Who is the Kate's best friend(the brunette girl) in the movie?Actually prince Harry was portrayed nearly all time like a drunk.
Though I admit love at first sight moment,Kate's courageous nature,the support Kate received from her family,William's discussions with father were depicted more or less true-only because this happened as in each family could occur.I am sure the other movies after years will be released in different styles precisely.

It didn't seem to me that Harry was portrayed as a drunk...of course he was only in one scene.

They called the girl best friend, Olivia. So I am assuming that is Olivia Hunt, who I believe lived with William, Kate and Fergus. I believe they are still good friends, as William and Kate attended the wedding of her sister.

I don't know who the blonde actress was supposed to be playing. And by blonde actress I guess I am referring to the two blondes. The supportive friends and the not so supportive associates who was a little nasty to Kate at William's birthday party but than later on wanted to be good friends.

Hi! I'm new to the forums, and not as knowledgeable as a lot of people, so I'm wondering - with the movie, how many of the "friends" were real? Obviously, with that movie a LOT of artistic liberties were taken, but I'm wondering how many characters were real?

Zonk said:
I don't know who the blonde actress was supposed to be playing. And by blonde actress I guess I am referring to the two blondes. The supportive friends and the not so supportive associates who was a little nasty to Kate at William's birthday party but than later on wanted to be good friends.

I think the nasty blonde was suppose to be representing people who'd said those type of things and had issue with the Prince dating a 'commoner' - I don't think she was someone specific just a generalization

I watched the movie last night and it would be very hard to know what was real and what was made up if you haven't been following the royal romance for the last 8 years. I found a lot of it kinda sappy.

LOL it was so bad it was good! As it's a biopic you know that it's going to be full of made up situations and innuendo. But this one took the cake.
Each time something happened that was so off the wall, the group of friends I watched with fell out into laughter. William singing a "take me back I've been a loser song" in public??? Again priceless.
Loved the bit where Kate stormed out of Buckingham Palace (i think) at Williams birthday party. As she ran down the stairway I was totally expecting her to lose her shoe ala Cinderella!

Well, its storming in the DC area and my directtv went out. So I watched it again via my DVR.

How about I was talking to Elspeth (a former TRF Admin for the newcomers to TRF) on IM and I was like....hold on...my favorite part is on. She was like what are you talking about?!

Kate yells STOP THE CAR! When she and "William" are having a discussion/fight about William needing a break. And then gets out of the car in the middle of London at night?! I presume to call a friend or catch a bus.

I don't know why but that cracks me up.

Last edited:
LOL it was so bad it was good! As it's a biopic you know that it's going to be full of made up situations and innuendo. But this one took the cake.
Each time something happened that was so off the wall, the group of friends I watched with fell out into laughter. William singing a "take me back I've been a loser song" in public??? Again priceless.
Loved the bit where Kate stormed out of Buckingham Palace (i think) at Williams birthday party. As she ran down the stairway I was totally expecting her to lose her shoe ala Cinderella!

Watched the rebroadcast of the movie tonight and it sure had its moments where you wonder what the heck the screenwriters were thinking. The funniest part for me I think was when Wills was about ready to jump in the lake and of course... the POs were gonna follow their liege and lord into the brine.

All I know is if Will and Kate had a nice quite weekend and perhaps watched this fiasco, they'll be laughing from now until Friday for sure!

I have to add that although the film doesn't seem to be getting anywhere in terms of a potentially good story line and acting,as well as showing scenes quite out of proportion and reality ,it showed up a few good scenes as well,for example the snobbery Kate would have met during her period of a royal girlfriend and the end was rather romantic.

Watched the rebroadcast of the movie tonight and it sure had its moments where you wonder what the heck the screenwriters were thinking. The funniest part for me I think was when Wills was about ready to jump in the lake and of course... the POs were gonna follow their liege and lord into the brine.

All I know is if Will and Kate had a nice quite weekend and perhaps watched this fiasco, they'll be laughing from now until Friday for sure!

I cracked up at that part too. But what really cemented the stupidity of that scene was when they had Kate jump off a row boat fully clothed into the water and swim up to him instead of simply rowing the boat to the dock. Pure silliness. :bang:

I have to add that although the film doesn't seem to be getting anywhere in terms of a potentially good story line and acting,as well as showing scenes quite out of proportion and reality ,it showed up a few good scenes as well,for example the snobbery Kate would have met during her period of a royal girlfriend and the end was rather romantic.

Mr. Remote is still on that tattoo thing. LOL

Yes, that Margaret came across as a royal snob to end all snobs. The poetic license in the film is what made it so laughable. All I could think of in the dock scene is my mom telling me "if all your friends jump off a cliff.. do you follow?" and Wills PO's thining "I'm gonna need overtime for this one".

For the bazillion of people that watched the movie though, I think they got the main gist of the relationship between Will and Kate and the years it was in the making.

Okay, I finally got curious enough to watch this movie. I have one word for Lifetime: LAME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom