"William And Kate" (2011) - Lifetime Telemovie

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This. Is. So. Bad. But I think I am going to keep it on TiVo for abit.

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together. The only time they mention Camilla is when supposedly William blames Charles for not protecting Diana and asking why didn't Charles marry Camilla from the get go.

Its just a mess. A bloody awful mess.

Zonk said:

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together.

Its just a mess.

And how unattractive was their Harry? Ugh!

And how unattractive was their Harry? Ugh!
The TMobile dance video had a better Harry, William and Kate. And how come this movie's Kate talks like me...they couldn't get a British actress?

And my last catty comment for the night anyway...how cheap did that military outfit William had on look?

There are just no words for the acting :ohmy::eek:that said.. the DVD is due to be on sale on April 25, and Im almost sure I will spend what ever ridiculous amount of money they will ask for it :bang:...lol It was full of assumed things and messed up facts but, very cute...if you can enjoy it for what it was a LIFETIME MOVIE

Last edited:
It was like watching a car crash unfold before you but none the less I watched the entire thing. The scene where William was singing I had to leave it was so ridiculous, Kate acting like Carrie Bradshaw with her wine and bath and the infamous "I love the you know one else gets to see". Good God!

The 6 prt royal wedding after special keeps talking about her wedding being her most surreal moment and I keep thinking yes first in a long line of moments because while many women marry, few become Queen of England so....IMO her most surreal moment to date is probably wedding, but her lifetime I bet it will be becoming Queen......I hope I'm alive to see it :)

Where do I start with the missing....we only see Harry one time and Camilla NOT at all. Was there not enough money in the budget for this? They don't mention the Diana concert, the break up and get back together is so thrown together. The only time they mention Camilla is when supposedly William blames Charles for not protecting Diana and asking why didn't Charles marry Camilla from the get go.

Its just a mess. A bloody awful mess.

Got the wine.. got the cheese and have the hockey game on so I missed the movie and from the general consensus here, I didn't miss much.

I'm as curious as you all are though. Does anyone have any idea if/when it will be aired again? It seems like something I'd need on a "down" day to make me laugh. I also hope that this 6 part wedding special will be aired all six episodes in a row just so I can put it on and drive Mr. Remote nuts. :whistling:

Warren said:
"William And Kate"

"Unknown British actress Camilla Luddington has been cast as Kate Middleton in a planned movie about the royal wedding. Luddington, 27, will star in the television film about the royal romance being made by US TV network Lifetime. She has previously had minor roles in American shows including Days Of Our Lives and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

The production, which will be called William And Kate, stars New Zealand-born actor Nico Evers Swindell as the prince. It is rumoured the Prince of Wales will be played by British performer Ben Cross, best known for his portrayal of the Olympic athlete Harold Abrahams in the 1981 movie Chariots of Fire.

A synopsis of the movie says: 'The film chronicles the history of William and Kate - from the moment the two students met at Scotland's prestigious University of St Andrews, through the ups and downs of their nine-year courtship complicated by social and Royal Family pressures, and intense global media attention surrounding their storybook nuptials.' "

Read more: British actress Camilla Luddington plucked from obscurity to play Kate Middleton | Mail Online

Where do the film people get the information for such a project? It seems a bit pre-mature.

I'm as curious as you all are though. Does anyone have any idea if/when it will be aired again? It seems like something I'd need on a "down" day to make me laugh. I also hope that this 6 part wedding special will be aired all six episodes in a row just so I can put it on and drive Mr. Remote nuts. :whistling:

I think they said it was re-airing on Saturday. It was totally cheesy good fun. Particularly if you started to imagine them as fictional people (i.e., not William and Kate). I only buried my head in my pillow 3 or 4 times.

The ironic thing is that this young woman is actually English. So we have an English actress filming a movie in Los Angeles, playing an English character, and having an accent that wobbles between English and American. Weird.

=Zonk;1234673]And how come this movie's Kate talks like me...they couldn't get a British actress?

Last edited by a moderator:
the DVD is due to be on sale on April 25, and Im almost sure I will spend what ever ridiculous amount of money they will ask for it :bang:...lol

I'm sure I'll be in the same boat. :bang::lol:

I thought the movie was okay. I liked it the more I watched it but that was only after I made the decision to watch it as almost a comedy on the love story of William and Catherine. Like many of you, I about died when he started singing to her. :eek: It had the typical acting that one would expect from a Lifetime movie. I couldn't believe how the movie jumped from them getting back together to him proposing in Kenya. A little disappointing. If I was not aware that this movie was "based" on a true romance, and I was only watching it for entertainment purposes, I think it would be kind of cute.

I had to miss the movie last night but it's on my DVR and I look forward to cringing/laughing my way through it tonight.

This movie is bootlegged!
I recorded it and I watched a bit of it and it was terrible. Wills character is annoying and it's like they're making it seem like Carole pushed the whole royal wedding thing.

So, the reviews here are exactly what I expected. So bad it makes you wanna laugh! Nonetheless I still plan on watching it. If anyone finds a link for a download. Let me know :)

If you go into the movie with the mentality that its going be bad, and you're watching a poorly made comedy, you'll be okay.

I think my favorite line of the movie was the "...I believe William is dressed for breakfast..." bit.

The events seemed very confused and mixed up against the timeline of the way we know things to have happened, and they seem to have missed out on some of the major events. The Sandhurst graduation, for example, seems to be missing, although there is a scene where Kate and her mother are walking along a street somewhere and they're wearing the outfits that appear to be the Sandhurst outfits...

You know I thought that slightly familiar. The timeline is definitely off and if one didn't follow the royals they wouldn't have mentioned it. I think the word Sandhurst was used two or three time. Certainly they didnt mention his graduation from Sandhurst. No imaginary presence of the Queen, DoE, Charles and Camilla at the graduation. I guess it wasn't in the budget. Or at his birthday party for matter. There were a lot of filler people in the movie. People who we know exists but aren't that famous enough that they had to pay a lot of money for people to play them.

I don't think the movie pushed the idea that Carole was the power behind the wedding. To me its normal to ask (after ones child has been dating someone for some time) have you talked about the future? She also supposedly told Kate to not hide in your bedroom (from the press after the break), go about your life and make William (and everyone else) see that you are fine. Simliar to something my Mom would have told me...pick yourself up and try to live. Of course, the press is never interested in my break ups....I wonder why?

Last edited:
I thought the movie was just plain bad.It was like a comedy. I did laugh about some of the stuff.

I missed the LAST 30 min..I fell asleep!!!!:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Honestly, you didn't miss much. William feels the need to sow his oats and hangs out a lot often without Kate, get bad press as a result, Kate is frustrated and feels him slipping away, they have an argument, he/she breaks it off, she gets out of the car in London, Kate mopes, goes out to prove she has moved on, William isn't having the fun he thought being a singleton would allow him to have, pines for Kate, calls Kate, she blows him off, he shows up at rowing practice, she jumps in river, they get back together, kiss, fly to Africa and get enaged.

THE END:lol:

Well thank you...so I really didnt have to watch it, you could have relayed everything to me....:whistling:

Watching it tonight ... just saw the scene where William sings to Catherine. I'm totally in stitches.

After reading this thread, I'm glad I didn't watch this movie, and I'm stretching calling it a movie.

When I tried to play the video of William singing, I got a message saying "you are not authorized to open this file" ... and I was actually kinda glad. (Still in stitches)

Watching it tonight ... just saw the scene where William sings to Catherine. I'm totally in stitches.

:ROFLMAO: That pretty much takes the cake. I cannot for the life of my imagine him EVER doing something like that.

Zonk said:
Honestly, you didn't miss much. William feels the need to sow his oats and hangs out a lot often without Kate, get bad press as a result, Kate is frustrated and feels him slipping away, they have an argument, he/she breaks it off, she gets out of the car in London, Kate mopes, goes out to prove she has moved on, William isn't having the fun he thought being a singleton would allow him to have, pines for Kate, calls Kate, she blows him off, he shows up at rowing practice, she jumps in river, they get back together, kiss, fly to Africa and get enaged.

THE END:lol:

Thanks Zonk! That's enough for me! I'd rather watch T Mobile spoof wedding on You Tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom