"Victoria" (2016-Present) - ITV Drama Series on Queen Victoria

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're alike in that respect. Set the ambiance of where we are to suit the ambiance of the program we're watching.

I've done that so many times with books too. Totally tuned out a ringing telephone because I was so engrossed in the 11th century. :D

Is this going to be dragged on and on throughout V's life? Because I think that one season was enough. Its not tat Vic isn't an interesting character but the way they've done this series has been too drawn out.

Is this going to be dragged on and on throughout V's life? Because I think that one season was enough. Its not tat Vic isn't an interesting character but the way they've done this series has been too drawn out.

I believe there is ample room for more than one season as they have only barely explored Queen Victoria's children (only Victoria, Princess Royal, has been born so far), or her marital life with Prince Albert. If the series goes on, however, past the 1850s, they will probably have to recast Victoria as they are planning to do with Elizabeth in The Crown, I suppose.

The history of the Victorian age is very rich with a succession of iconic prime ministers and several major world events as well as milestones for the British Empire and (future) Dominions specifically. So there is plenty of material to be covered in the series. I would advise the writers to stick with the "Young Victoria" formula though and have at most three seasons only.

Last edited:
I for one am delighted that there will be more then just one season for it peaked my interest so much in Victoria that I went out and searched for some good books on her to learn more about her and her time in history. I find there is so much to learn yet about this time in the British history and it is every interesting. This site TRF is such a wealth of info for all royal watchers, live history of a family and government in the making all the time.
Way to go TRF........?

Apparently Dame Diana is playing the Duchess of Bucchleuch who is the new Mistress of the Robes. Apparently the real Duchess was in her 30s when she became Mistress of the Robes.

Victoria Episode 2 "The Green-Eyed Monster" Dame Diana Rigg again stole the show with her lines.

The Victoria Christmas special-sure to be an ITV ratings winner on Christmas Day.

Last edited:
Just watched the 2nd Season Finale. I thought I wouldn’t like this drama, but I’m officially hooked. Jenna Coleman brought a young Queen Victoria to life again. All the actors brought these people back to life. I truly enjoyed this drama and I’m looking forward to season 3.

Also, I love that Sarah Forbes Bonetta was added to the storyline. She was a young princess that we don’t hear about at all. So it was a real treat to see her factual portrayal and that Queen Victoria treated her with such dignity and had sympathy for Sarah’s horrible situation.

:previous:
Now after reading the news article, I just went ???, this will be very interesting to view and see the reactions of everyone.....:lol::lol::lol:?

Yes, and the theory of Victoria and Albert having had some pre marital sex is also...interesting :ohmy: though IMO not very likely!

Yes, and the theory of Victoria and Albert having had some pre marital sex is also...interesting :ohmy: though IMO not very likely!

I’m not sure pre-marital sex would’ve been possible either. Lehzen would’ve let Albert know what barbwire between his legs felt like, if he even thought about doing anything with Victoria.

Last edited:
Filming seems to have started later this year ,it was well under way this time last year.Might delay the release date till later in the autumn.

Great ! Volume two of the Letters from Queen Victoria includes an extensive account of the revolution in France in particular and of the evacuation of the Orléans to England, see the entries for the year 1848. There is also some interesting correspondence I had never seen before from King Léopold I of the Belgians and Queen Louise (King Louis Phillipe's daughter) showing they were literally terrified that the revolution would spread to Belgium too, or that a French republic would try to seize the country. Accordingly, King Léopold appeals for British protection in one of the letters and Queen Louise mentions in another that she had sent some of the family's personal belongings for safekeeping in England just in case, which I didn't know before either.

There is also a TV show tonight about Victoria and Albert called *The Wedding* Part 1 which is the reconstruction of the royal wedding including scenes behind the stories of the gown she wore and the food and music. It airs at 9pm central time here where I live. Hope you get to see it for it looks very interesting.

Season 3 airs tonight in the US on PBS tonight but strangely there is no news on when it will air in the UK .Prior to this the past 2 seasons have begun at the end of August until the end of October on ITV in the UK/Eire.

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...3-uk-air-date-delayed-us-release-drama-first/

Yeah, the new seasons premieres tonight. I’ll be recording it.

There is also a TV show tonight about Victoria and Albert called *The Wedding* Part 1 which is the reconstruction of the royal wedding including scenes behind the stories of the gown she wore and the food and music. It airs at 9pm central time here where I live. Hope you get to see it for it looks very interesting.

Yep, the program is up on YouTube, but I haven’t watched it yet.

Back
Top Bottom