"Unlawful Killing" (2011) - Film Financed by Mohammed Al Fayed

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lady of hay

Nobility
City
North Yorkshire
Country
United Kingdom
I would rather remember Diana as she was. Thanks Russo for the tip about the photo - wishing you hadn't seen it.
IMO this is just a money-making exercise, the film cannot for "legal reasons" be shown in the UK , and for this I am glad. I think that had the alleged backer of the film any respect for Diana or her memory, he would not have supplied the funding .
A very nice wedding present for Diana's eldest son !! :sad:

On a different topic - usually the Daily Mail doesn't inspire me much, but this article about the documentary has made me change my mind - unless someone in my family is bent on seeing it, I won't be watching it:

Princess Diana death film Unlawful Killing: Just unlawfully dull | Mail Online

The film shows no new pictures of Diana's accident.

excerpts

"Keith Allen by his own admission is not a documentary film-maker.Unlawful Killing goes into often tiresome detail on every conspiracy nuts assertion that Princess Diana was murdered by all manner of folk including the British Secret Services and Prince Philip.
What the film fails to make clear, however, is that it was completely bankrolled to the tune of £2.5 million by Mohamed Al Fayed.

There are nasty slurs in the film made about Prince Philip's connections with the Nazi Party in his youth, yet the film fails to make any mention of the Duke of Edinburgh's war service for Britain. There are other nasty asides made about Philip, even outrageous claims made by writer Noel Botham that the Duke had affairs with Princess Margaret and Princess Alexandra.

Allen also interviews a psychologist, one Oliver James, who describes Philip as being a psychopath and he claims to have heard a story about Philip being at a party where he wore a leather jacket and was dancing to a Rolling Stones song while his hand was up a woman's skirt.

Quite what the point of such extraordinary and controversial character assassination had to do with the death of Diana were beyond me.
The film struck me as the ramblings of a sour old man who misses his son."

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather remember Diana as she was. Thanks Russo for the tip about the photo - wishing you hadn't seen it.
IMO this is just a money-making exercise, the film cannot for "legal reasons" be shown in the UK , and for this I am glad. I think that had the alleged backer of the film any respect for Diana or her memory, he would not have supplied the funding .
A very nice wedding present for Diana's eldest son !! :sad:

More people died in that accident than just Diana. One of them was the son of Al Fayad - the man who put up the money for this film. I don't need to imply that you, or anyone else, isn't aware of this issue but that sometimes we forget that more than just Diana died that night.

As we keep saying - let Diana RIP - he keeps asking questions about the death of his son. He has as much right to ask these questions and thus ask questions about why Diana died, as her sons have to ask for it to stop.

Sometimes we forget that he lost his son and thus his way of grieving and seeking solace should be just as respected as that of those who say it should stop.

I think he is wrong in his assertions by the way - but I do think he has as much right to keep this in the public's eye as the father of one of those who died, as those related to the others who died have the right to ask it to stop - unfortunately the three families involved can't agree on how to deal with things and thus he will keep making these allegations.

More people died in that accident than just Diana...
Iluvbertie,
You are absolutely right. It is easy to forget that this is a man who is probably still grieving over his son's untimely death. Losing a child must be very hard and under these tragic circumstances, it is probably harder to accept it.

...Sometimes we forget that he lost his son and thus his way of grieving and seeking solace should be just as respected as that of those who say it should stop...
I have to disagree here. Yes, he lost his son, and that is horrible. My heart goes out to anyone who loses a child. BUT for him to keep bringing these accusations up about Prince Phillip, etc, no. Al Fayad needs to stop. Three people lost their lives in a horrific car accident with a drunk driver at the wheel. He doesn't want to accept that fact. He wants to blame everyone and anyone.

My point is that he has that right - as does anyone who loses someone.

He can accept that is was an accident or not - everyone has that right when they lose someone - it is a known fact that we all grieve in different ways - his is to accuse others of murdering his son and his son's lover.

If the BRF were concerned about these accusations, or wanted to challenge them, they could do so - but they chose not to do so for one of two reasons - to do so would give him a further avenue for his allegations or because his accusations are true. (I know that the royal family don't normally take legal action but when one of their number is being accused of masterminding a murder they really only have the two options).

I don't agree with his accusations but I will defend his right to make them as the father of one of the dead and the employer of another of the dead and of the only survivor.

I agree. I understand that losing his son, and particularly the way the accident happened, (the inebriated driver being his employee, etc), must have been crushing. I truly can't imagine. But no one gets to deal with whatever grief and Guilt they may be feeling by attempting to transfer it to someone else without any evidence. Mr. Al fayeds claims were investigated thoroughly in the inquest and were soundly rejected. He's been given every chance to present evidence through the legitimate legal avenues available and has failed. Enough.

The right to grieve doesn't include the right to blacken another person's name IMO.:ermm:

The right to grieve doesn't include the right to blacken another person's name IMO.:ermm:

We have to remember too that for years Mr. Al Fayed had been striving with just about everything he's had to break into British social circles and being met with a brick wall at every turn. I think that sparked the resentment he felt for the BRF. I also think that's why he was pushing his son in Diana's direction too.

More people died in that accident than just Diana...
Iluvbertie..you sound like a very compassionate and empathetic person. :)

After reading and viewing Mr Fayed in interviews, I think he is driven not only by unimaginable grief but also guilt....he broke down in tears once on TV shortly after Dodi's death after admitting that the boy had grown up lonely after he divorced Dodi's mother...with only his pets for friends. :sad:

Fayed was very aggressive in pushing Dodi toward Diana in the final weeks of her life. He was brutally mean to Dodi's then fiancee(if her version of events is correct) because he was determined to rope Diana into his family as a form of vindication and revenge against the Establishment...for what he felt was their snubbing of him.

We all know how it ended..but guilt is the most destructive of human emotions.

My sadness comes from the fact that Mr Fayed is unable to enjoy what is left of his family and his declining years. He is simply obsessed with "proving" his theory of the events of August 1997.

I don't think he will ever prove anything..therefore he will never find peace.

:previous: I totally disagree. Americans love a good conspiricy movie. And, it will be a "must" for Diana fans.

2Di4 -Pt2- The Unlawful Killing of Princess Diana (Sneak Preview)
The reviews were horrible for this documentary which isn't surprising.

:previous: I totally disagree. Americans love a good conspiricy movie. And, it will be a "must" for Diana fans.
I am a Diana fan. And you know when I will watch this movie? When pigs fly!:pigsfly:Yet another conspiracy- peddling exercise by Mr. Al-Fayed, who does not care about proven facts, or the memory of Diana, but about fame and money. It makes me nauseous!:sick:

Unlawful Killing

Diana: Gagged! The movie, the conspiracy, and why you are not allowed to make up your own mind

A controversial documentary on the death of Diana – who would have been 50 on Friday – will be launched in Ireland next week. In Britain, it is banned and its director Keith Allen asks: What are they so afraid of?

Diana: Gagged! The movie, the conspiracy, and why you are not allowed to make up your own mind - TV & Radio, Media - The Independent

This thread is rather hard to find -- it has "The Royal Wedding" as it's heading, but it's actually under "The Electronic Domain"! Who would have ever guessed ;)

To do that is wrong on so many levels- really rubs me the wrong way! It is disrespectful of the monarchy, and Diana's sons.MAF has gone too far with this doco.! I wish the Fayed family well, but wish MAF would back up out of the spotlight and the media with his " conspiracy" theories, accept the facts, and let Diana and Dodi rest in peace!

Last edited:
I hate to be harsh, but I agree with you, Daria.

I hate to be harsh, but I agree with you, Daria.

I don't think it's harsh at all. All actions have consequences, and the consequences for such disrespect should be pretty harsh.

I don't think it's harsh at all. All actions have consequences, and the consequences for such disrespect should be pretty harsh.

Thank you! I was worried that I might offend someone with my first reaction to this.* I had to go back and edit my message 3 times to keep from offending anyone. MAF is not on the list of people I admire, and I can be pretty sharp- tongued on the subject. I don't wish the man any harm .But I do find his actions disgraceful.
* Post # 662

Last edited:
Thank you! I was worried that I might offend someone with my first reaction to this.* I had to go back and edit my message 3 times to keep from offending anyone. MAF is not on the list of people I admire, and I can be pretty sharp- tongued on the subject. I don't wish the man any harm .But I do find his actions disgraceful.
* Post # 662
:clap: I agree with the sentiments. The man is not a prize, but yes, being diplomatic is not always easy. Your post though was diplomatic, in my opinion.

Al Fayed's management of his son and his staff was guilty of Diana's death - Dodi insisted on returning to his apartment and their driver was drunk, both Dodi and Diana didn't listen to their bodyguard about seat belts... so if anyone was guilty apart from the people who died at the accident it was Fayed himself.

And now he is burning symbols of the Head of State of the country he is only a guest in and deflames the queen and the Duke of Edinburgh... is there nothing the British authorities can do to protect their country and their queen?

The British press have made a mockery of MAF. What else is suppose to be done to protect the royal family? Britain does not have the type of government that can put someone in jail for having an opinion. I know! Why don't the royals get a super injunction like some famous sportmen have done to quiet their affairs ;) ? But I suppose that would really open a can of worms...................hmmm, what else could be done?

Back
Top Bottom