The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-15-2020, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/premie...ason-3-137644/

The Windsors on Channel 4 is coming back, starting 25th Feb.

Have to say as bad as it is, I do find it hilarious. Sure there will be plenty of material for them to use!

Old 02-19-2020, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/premie...ason-3-137644/

The Windsors on Channel 4 is coming back, starting 25th Feb.

Have to say as bad as it is, I do find it hilarious. Sure there will be plenty of material for them to use!
I was hoping there'd be another season. I couldn't imagine there not being with current events.

As the comments on YT put it: "well, this aged brilliantly". [There is one mild curse word and no inappropriate content.]

Old 02-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent

It amazes me that they predicted the H&M storyline - they are "consciously uncoupling and moving to North America" in this series - before the actual January announcement.

I know some people will hate this show but its really just a bit of a laugh and doesn't take itself to seriously. They don't include HM and Philip (and I'm sure I read somewhere that was out of respect) and they mock the politicians just as much if not more than the royals.
Old 02-19-2020, 06:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
It amazes me that they predicted the H&M storyline - they are "consciously uncoupling and moving to North America" in this series - before the actual January announcement.

I know some people will hate this show but its really just a bit of a laugh and doesn't take itself to seriously. They don't include HM and Philip (and I'm sure I read somewhere that was out of respect) and they mock the politicians just as much if not more than the royals.
Having expected to hate this show, I wound up laughing. And actually preferring a few of their depictions to the real people. In a way, it's more accurate than the "half-truth, half-anything for a storyline" approach of The Crown.

And, no, they don't touch the Queen or Diana, or the kids. (Sophie and Louise and James don't even exist thus far.)

Philip gets screeds full of curse words from off-camera. (And I found out about that island where they really do worship him as a god!)

Everyone else is fair game.

Edit: oh my gosh, I just realized they'll have to put Boris in this. (Yet another reason to come back.)
Old 04-02-2020, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I love it, I see why some people may turn their noses up at it form the adverts etc but if you watch it its such a comedy you can't be offended by it. Even my old dad who has no interest what so ever in the RF loved it, especially he said Beatrice and Eugenie lol. Its lighthearted and tbh just what we all need right now. I definitely recommend it for those stuck in during these worrying days
Old 04-02-2020, 09:47 PM
Nobility

I’m enjoying the new season on channel 4!

https://youtu.be/AWh-15Nd7vk
Old 05-05-2020, 02:44 PM
Serene Highness

Parts of this series are laugh out loud uproariously funny.

I think it occupies a place in the long (& healthy) tradition of lese majeste humour going back to spitting image & even further to the cartoons of Gillray.

I wonder do THEY watch?
Old 05-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I totally agree with you. Durham, that The Windsors is making me laugh and giggle all the way through the episodes. Out of all of them, I think I like Charles' character the best with Camilla running a close second.

Did a quick glance around and there are rumors that the some of the BRF do watch the show.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I totally agree with you. Durham, that The Windsors is making me laugh and giggle all the way through the episodes. Out of all of them, I think I like Charles' character the best with Camilla running a close second.

Did a quick glance around and there are rumors that the some of the BRF do watch the show.
Oh I do hope so. That would be hilarious.

The episode with Harry reading out his wedding list killed me & the Yorks are comedy gold. They should have their own series.
Old 05-05-2020, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Apparently William is a fan

https://www.express.co.uk/news/royal...han-markle-spt
Old 05-05-2020, 09:31 PM
Courtier

Seems he much prefers this (and thinks gypsy Kate is quite funny) to The Crown.

Another one of my favorite clips.

I'm quite amazed that they had no room for Boris this season!
Old 05-05-2020, 09:41 PM
Courtier

It's a side splittingly funny show at times.
One great thing about the British is that they can laugh at themselves.

I enjoy the way each character has a strong screen persona. They become familiarly endearing as well as funny.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

Self deprecation & the ability not to take yourself too seriously are key elements of British humor.

The Windsors is not cruel comedy, it's actually quite affectionate really. A bit like taking the mickey out of a friend or family member.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I hated the show when it first started, but as others have said watching it more you just can't help but love it and have a laugh! Anne's character is particularly my favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
At least he has a good sense of humour!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-10-2020, 02:37 PM
Courtier

I just have to say that the phrase "Prince Edward, royal drug mule" never fails to make me start giggling, internally or externally. That is all.
Old 08-07-2020, 06:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Parts of this series are laugh out loud uproariously funny.

I think it occupies a place in the long (& healthy) tradition of lese majeste humour going back to spitting image & even further to the cartoons of Gillray.

I wonder do THEY watch?
Quoting myself now. Delusions of grandeur.

But...

Spitting Image is returning. I remember as a youngster finding the series hilarious first time round. I hope I still do....

https://www.tatler.com/article/spitt...-meghan-markle