"The Real Camilla: HRH the Duchess of Cornwall" (2018) - ITV Documentary

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. I wasn't sure what I was going to see. :huh: Seems to be a direct statement as to Camilla's status once Charles is King: the unequivocal statement that she will be Queen, is stated many times, and that she may be called something else is another matter. Is this an attempt to get the public used to the fact that Camilla will indeed one day be Queen? Seems like.

Other than the above it's not clear that the hour long show had much more of a point. Basically it was the Diana/Camilla thing rolled out again, and in a very superficial way. JMO.

P.S. It was great seeing Camilla focussed on, though. :flowers: I am only sorry that she had to be seen through the 'Diana Troubles' lens. So unfair to her imo.

Why? She was a major part of the problem. Charles loved Camilla, that is true and not his wife. Too bad. She isn't here without the baggage.

Why? She was a major part of the problem.

Disagree. :sad: Sadly, Charles was Diana's to lose. Diana held all the cards. Diana was her own worst problem.

Charles loved Camilla, that is true and not his wife. Too bad. She isn't here without the baggage.

That's the myth that Diana peddled. Its been repeated endlessly enough that people believe it is a fact. :ermm: Go into the timeline of the story and it's clear that it was Diana who was 'in love' elsewhere. Diana left Charles few options.

Charles should have ended the marriage the moment the marriage became 'irretrievably broken down'. I think that would have been around 1985. The moment Diana took a lover Charles should have ended the marriage.

This is not the thread to be discussing this....

I thought is was a fair and balanced 46ish minutes. A puff piece for sure, but fair in all.

Interesting how much she emphasized has to have her causes that she believes in. If every royal had that deal, there would be far less patronages. Because someone has to do some slogging eventually. But it makes me guess that that was part of the deal she struck with Charles when they married. That she would get to work on what she wanted to work on. Don't get me wrong - I feel a kinship with her Patronages. But somebody has to be the Patron of the drapers, bricklayers/masons, etc. Or maybe not, if that's where the monarchy heads.

The thing left out that I wish had been covered was her own home. But I am guessing she draws the line there.

The thing left out that surprised me most was that there was no real discussion of her everyday life with Charles. Again, I suspect that line was drawn. But I'll look forward to that in biographies in a few decades.

And the oddest thing for me was how much Joanna Lumley's speaking voice/accent reminded me of Diana's voice. ;)

Back
Top Bottom