"The Prince And Me" (2004) - Film 'about' Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I just read the synopsis of the third film. (thanks to whomever posted it :) ) Um..wasn't Scott actually Paige's brother from the first film? Where did this other "fiancé" come in?

I hope this movie sucks as much as the second one did. It was one of the worst I've ever seen and I loved every minute of it. Comedy of Errors is a movie genre, right?:eek:

I had almost the same exact thought when I heard about the sequel. I wonder if the movie would have been better if they had brought back the original cast (all of them, not just Luke).

Probably so. That was my thought too.

I bought my copy yesterday and watched it last night. The result is ok - In my opinion much better than the second one. The story was quite strange as it hovers over royalty and more of 'good people' protecting the environment (Paige and Edvard attempts to save the national forests from the Prime Minister of Denmark's evil plot to dig there for fuel:lol:).

We're also glad to know there isn't any attempts of title calling such as the famous "Crown Queen" but now just "Queen". I also found it strange that both Eddie and Paige address each other as "King Edvard" and "Queen Paige". Also there is no attempt in speaking Danish either - I think the only thing that was said in Danish was Folkting (spelling?)

As this was their honeymoon you can expect them kissing each other every second - by the end I kept rolling my eyes every time they did (the last scene was like 5 kisses in less than 1 minute - while Paige was on the phone to Soren)

Overall it was a typical love triangle between Paige, Edvard and Paige's ex boyfriend - Scott (who was hired by the Prime minister to break them apart)

On October 28 2008, The Prince and Me 3: the Royal Honeymoon will be released on Video. (I Have my Copy on Pre-Order on Amazon.)

It Stars Kam Heskin and Chris Geere as the King and Queen. After Some false starts and several interruptions, along with the tabloids chasing them, King Edvard (Geere) and Queen Paige (Heskin) finally embark upon their honeymoon.

:lol:

Oh I have got to get this on DVD... definitely.:D

Also there is no attempt in speaking Danish either - I think the only thing that was said in Danish was Folkting (spelling?)

Folketing;)

I didn't even know there was more than one movie - and I never watched the first one. Guess if anyones going to make an imagenary kingdom out of my country, I prefer it to be Sheakspear:rolleyes: Even if it's not very flattering..

Last edited by a moderator:
i wonder if the get a kind of permision of the royals from making such a film? anyones knows?

The first Prince & Me was the best in my opinion Julia Stiles and Luke Malaby had chemistry together and the girl they replace her with Kam Heshin did not have that same spark.The second move and the third movie is not as good as the first.

I liked the first Prince and Me. No, it is definitely not Academy Award caliber. It is entertaining, though. I also was annoyed by the lack of Danish, and by Luke Maeby's accent. He doesn't sound very Danish to me. The second film was not very good. I did not know that there was a third film! I think that I need to rent it.

sgl - two things you need to know about European-based films

1. British is almost always the substitue accent for other European ones
2. Prague almost always doubles for every other European city because it's cheaper to film in

But on that note, I was a little irriatated too when they didn't even try to incorporate the Danish accent into Edvard's diolouge. If you'll notice, Queen Rosalind has a British accent as well.

The prince & me the original was about them meeting each other and falling in love.
The pirnce & me 2 the royal wedding the sequel was about them two finally getting married.
The prince & me 3 the royal honeymoon the triology is about them two going on
their honeymoon as you see in the title of the movie.

FYI- they are making a 4th film per the Internet Movie Database: The Prince and Me 4 (2009)
There is not plot summary on the site as of right now so who knows what this one will be about.
IMO this film series should have ended after the 1st film.

the first movie wasw not good but the second and third was bad and i mean bad....

The first movie was really really bad, I can't believe they made two more.

I thought the first movie was okay it could been better but the second was bad plus the third was proably bad too.Now a fourth they end to stop this seriously no more the prince&me in the present or future. I am so tired of all these sequels.

FYI- they are making a 4th film per the Internet Movie Database: The Prince and Me 4 (2009)
There is not plot summary on the site as of right now so who knows what this one will be about.

How awful. The 2nd and 3rd were terrible and now a fourth. Thats just too far. I thought the first was a stretch, but deemed it okay. Bad bad move on the production team part. :flowers:

The first movie was a cute, light piece of entertainment, and I enjoyed it. But why in the world did anyone think they needed three more? I think Julia Stiles was one of the best things about the first film, and without her, they're not even fun -- they're just awful!

The first one was a frothy pleasure, like ordering hot chocolate with whole milk, not skim.

The second and third were like drinking the sludge at the bottom of the coffee pot in a corner convenience store. (From what I saw of them, which was in each case - less than five minutes.)

A fourth? I suggest we run a poll with ideas of what that might be compared to.

:previous: like a car crash- terrible, but for some reason you have to look

Oh God. Another one? Looks like Luke Mably isn't even in this one. Sorry won't be watching. I like Julia and Luke's chemistry. They ruined the movies when they made them without Julia.

:previous: like a car crash- terrible, but for some reason you have to look

And I did. I saw the first film. It made me feel like watching a mix of a very bad horror film, Faulty Towers and The Daily Show with Kermit the Frog as anchor. And there is two films more...oh dear :eek: and one to come........:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

I've actually seen that movie and it was a load of fun. Because there was virtually nothing at all factually correct in the movie. Neither in regards to Denmark nor in regards to the DRF.
The building styles, the police motor cycles, the prince walking around in a British guards uniform. You name it, they got it wrong.

Apart from that it's a light teen-romantic story/comedy for a rainy day. Nothing more, nothing less.
So enjoy it and have a little chuckle.

Last edited:
I've actually seen that movie and it was a load of fun. Because there was virtually nothing at all factually correct in the movie. Neither in regards to Denmark nor in regards to the DRF.
The building styles, the police motor cycles, the prince walking around in a British guards uniform. You name, they got it wrong.

Apart from that it's a light teen-romantic story/comedy for a rainy day. Nothing more, nothing less.
So enjoy it and have a little chuckle.

The fact the prince's name is neither Frederik nor Christian! And his dad the king is apparently Harald. :nonono:

Actually, since I've first seen the movie, I've learned so much more about the DRF that the "picking a non-UK royal country" just seems silly to me. One wonders why they didn't just go for the thinly-veiled Genovia approach, since Paige is clearly not meant to be Mary Donaldson.

"Fun"-alternate-Denmark aside, it's not a bad romcom. Light years better than something like "A Christmas Prince". :yuk:

Back
Top Bottom