The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK View Post
like a car crash- terrible, but for some reason you have to look
And I did. I saw the first film. It made me feel like watching a mix of a very bad horror film, Faulty Towers and The Daily Show with Kermit the Frog as anchor. And there is two films more...oh dear and one to come........

Old 06-01-2020, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Trailer:

Old 06-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've actually seen that movie and it was a load of fun. Because there was virtually nothing at all factually correct in the movie. Neither in regards to Denmark nor in regards to the DRF.
The building styles, the police motor cycles, the prince walking around in a British guards uniform. You name it, they got it wrong.

Apart from that it's a light teen-romantic story/comedy for a rainy day. Nothing more, nothing less.
So enjoy it and have a little chuckle.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I've actually seen that movie and it was a load of fun. Because there was virtually nothing at all factually correct in the movie. Neither in regards to Denmark nor in regards to the DRF.
The building styles, the police motor cycles, the prince walking around in a British guards uniform. You name, they got it wrong.

Apart from that it's a light teen-romantic story/comedy for a rainy day. Nothing more, nothing less.
So enjoy it and have a little chuckle.
The fact the prince's name is neither Frederik nor Christian! And his dad the king is apparently Harald.

Actually, since I've first seen the movie, I've learned so much more about the DRF that the "picking a non-UK royal country" just seems silly to me. One wonders why they didn't just go for the thinly-veiled Genovia approach, since Paige is clearly not meant to be Mary Donaldson.

"Fun"-alternate-Denmark aside, it's not a bad romcom. Light years better than something like "A Christmas Prince".