"The Monarchy Inside" (2010) - DR Documentary on Working Lives of Danish Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm hoping I can rely on UserDane for this one: I'm very interested to know what the context was for one of the latter scenes in episode 3. A PowerPoint presentation is given in what looks like one of the castles. On the screen is a magazine cover which says in english "Now it can be seen bursting Marie."

Were there reporters in the crowd being criticized for the pictures?

Comment on Episode 3: I just about cracked up when Marie mixed up little Prince Henrik's names! Awesome! And I loved them cracking up about it, too :)

Also, I would be very grateful if someone could give a short summary of the part where Prince Henrik reads some of his poetry. I think they're speaking about his accent, too, and Mary commented on it as well?

Oh, and from the first episode: I'd love to hear what the Queen was saying about mobile phones? Thanks in advance!

I'm hoping I can rely on UserDane for this one: I'm very interested to know what the context was for one of the latter scenes in episode 3. A PowerPoint presentation is given in what looks like one of the castles. On the screen is a magazine cover which says in english "Now it can be seen bursting Marie."

Were there reporters in the crowd being criticized for the pictures?

i also noticed it! to me it seemed to be some sort of "press roll" where they review the press and what magazines are saying. marie's article comes up in the screen. i wondered what they were saying, i would have never thought this was done at all! i guess it then means that royals are very much aware of what the press says about them? perhaps userdane can give us a hand.

Comment on Episode 3: I just about cracked up when Marie mixed up little Prince Henrik's names! Awesome! And I loved them cracking up about it, too :)

I can't undertsand Dannish but Princess Marie mixes up Prince Henrik's names and she says "Merde!" in French :ROFLMAO: It means "damn it!" and quite informal word to use in front of the cameras but in fact i like her to be natural and i enjoyed watching the documentary :flowers:

Could we have the translation of the last episode please???

I'm loving this series and am wondering whether this will be published on DVD? If not, is it possible to save the videos to my hard drive somehow? I'd hate losing access to these delightful insights into the Danish monarchy!

You can save copies of each episode to your hard drive, but they will be low rez (a DVD will offer much better quality).

On the main page of the documentary, click on the TV monitor icon (third symbol from the right) in the tool bar below the video. A window will open with just the video player in it. Press play to watch the video. You must let the video play until the end of the program, or until the long bar at the bottom is completely gray, indicating the file is fully uploaded. Go to the upside down pyramid symbol at the far right, then click and hold so you can see the options. Still holding, scroll down to the "Save as QuickTime Movie" option and release to select. It will ask where to save the file to and then take a few moments to download. The curser icon should indicate the computer is busy and the screen should momentarily freeze while the file is being downloaded. Then you can use QuickTime or some other video program to watch the program on your desktop.

This will only work, however, if the video player you have on your web browser is Windows Media Player and you can see that upside down pyramid icon at the far right.

I'm loving all of these episodes! I agree with other posters it was very funny when Marie got baby Henrik's names mixed up. Joachim and Marie seem to make such a wonderful couple

I'd be very interested in knowing what CP Mary was discussing with her ladies-in-waiting! She looked wonderful, even in basic jeans and white blouse!

English! Someone's speaking English! Yay!

And please explain the odd dance at the end.

Could you please post the rest of the videos in this format? It is the only way I have been able to watch them. Thank you so much!

I alrady posted the download links for part 3 and 4, Megaupload didn't give me a video link for part 3 and part 4. I'll see if I can work around it.

Josette

I'd be very interested in knowing what CP Mary was discussing with her ladies-in-waiting! She looked wonderful, even in basic jeans and white blouse!

English! Someone's speaking English! Yay!

And please explain the odd dance at the end.

Mary went through her upcoming appointments with her two secretaries/ladies in waiting and one of the things they discussed was an request for Mary to speak about ecological fashion. Mary said that she was no expert on that, how far the Danish fashion industry had proceeded in this respect, etc. and that she needed to get back to those asking her.

The 'odd dance' ;) is 'Les Lanciers'. It is an immensly amusing dance, especially if you have practiced a bit beforehand. It is said to be the queen's and prince Henrik's favourite. The queen's dance partner was Ulf Pilegaard, a Danish actor who is locally famous for his impersonations of - the Queen :p During the years we have seen him in numerous satirical pieces wearing a tiara, chain-smoking and chastizing one of her (in the plays invisible) sons. This tradition goes back many years. You can see a You Tube clip of Ulf Pilegaard impersonating the queen around her 50th birthday I think it is here YouTube - Ulf Pilgaard som Dronning Margrethe

The queen no doubt takes great pleasure in the impersonations; it was mentioned in the TV series and she just laughed and said yes yes but he is an excellent dancer!!

I once heard an anecdote where Queen Ingrid goes to the theatre to see a comedian (perhaps it's this Ulf Pilgaard?) who is known for his imitations of Queen Margrethe. Before the show begins, the comedian is advised that Ingrid is in the audience and thus he should probably skip his routine about the Queen so as not to offend her. However, Ingrid sends a message backstage during intermission: "You're not thinking of leaving out that imitation of my daughter on my account, are you? I've been very much hoping to see it!" :lol:

He has Margrethe's mannerisms down pat! The tilting of the head, that hastened raspy laugh, the consistent moving...

How incredibly amusing!!!

Yes, he is good, isn't he? And the queen seems to enjoy the impersonations!

There is another famous impersonator of the queen - Preben Kristensen, part of the once very popular trio 'Linje 3'. He has been in a registered partnership for 20 years + - with the queen's hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard and the couple is often invited to events with the royals.
Preben Kristensen once revealed that the queen had told him that while she did enjoy his sketches of her, the queen, dressed for skiing in Norway with her usual knitted cap and her pigtails, there was something missing. She always had bows in her pigtails, thank you!

Do you have the link for part 3 on megavideo?

i can't open the megaupload video and it takes time to download..hope somebody can provide another link...i really am excited to see the next part. it is a really good documentary...very insightful and i am liking the DRF because they really seem genuine people with good sense of humor

thank you for the link..i finally was able to watch it and enjoy it. I really did liked this documentary. I hope somebody has the determination and patience to make subtitles in English. I know it won't be shown in my country since they are not that keen on the other monarchy except perhaps the British. Anyways, what was that little black book that they are carrying around. It was in the earlier episodes and QM also had it in the last episode. I also liked the scene in the ballroom just as they finish greeting the guests..Mary and Joachim were running even in their evening clothes, very cute. and I'm glad to know that QM seems very down to earth and she really seems to be full of joy. Hope they'll have features on the children though

es, I enjoy it too so miuch, to have aliitle bit the inside life of them!!! i think it was very funny when after gretting the peope they were all cleaning their hands with sanitazing paper, I would do the same, but still it looks funns and like you sid Joachim and Mary running ,thank you so much for posting it

I loved the hand sanitizer, too. I'm such a germ freak that I don't know if I'd ever feel clean again if I had to shake hands with hundreds of people!

I loved the hand sanitizer, too. I'm such a germ freak that I don't know if I'd ever feel clean again if I had to shake hands with hundreds of people!
2 years ago I did a show and we have to shake the hands of the audience at the end of the show and my daughter 5 at the time too(she was in the show too), they people wanted to take photos with us and the kids with my daughter I was a freak, after that i would run to the dressing room and get the germex bottle and i would use tons in my hands and my daughters hands and i was so scare that someone would come and try to do something to my daughter that i was in on side of her and my husband in the other hand, protectin her all the time, really the people was great, so lovely, but you know i was scare so much!so when i saw the Queen and everybody else going and using the sanitazing papers i laugh so much i thought i am not the only freak!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom