The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2019, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
Yes I'm sure you're right about that. Anything that gets people interested is all to the good in my opinion even if I do shout at the tv when, for example, yet another film shows Elizabeth Tudor & Mary Stuart having a meeting
And in this movie Henry IV taking part in direct negotiation with Charles VI of France which I'm sure never happened.

Old 11-03-2019, 02:40 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
And in this movie Henry IV taking part in direct negotiation with Charles VI of France which I'm sure never happened.
I'm not sure that's accurate either although I'm no expert on C15th English history. It does sound implausible.

Old 11-03-2019, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The negotiations were actually carried out by the French queen Regent,Isabeau of Bavaria and Philip the Good,Duke of Burgundy and the Treaty of Troyes was signed on May 21st 1420 at Troyes cathedral in France.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:18 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you. You're knowledge is very impressive
Old 11-04-2019, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Personally I think that Isabeau of Bavaria would have made a far better onscreen villain than the Dauphin
Old 11-04-2019, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Personally I think that Isabeau of Bavaria would have made a far better onscreen villain than the Dauphin
Now I love finding out about new history. Just a cursory bit of research reveals a riveting tale about this woman. She sounds as fantastic as Isabella of France.

"So unlike the home life of our dear queen" as the saying goes
Old 11-04-2019, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Lets just say that Isabeau was one of the least popular French queens and as Regent she held vast power and but yet she died largely forgotten and despised.

Old 11-04-2019, 05:52 PM
Gentry

I enjoyed the film very much. The only part that I found laughable was the physique of
Timothée Chalamet doesn't seem possible to fight and kill as much as he did in the battle. (5'10" and 154 lbs - 182 centimeters and 70 kilograms...I looked it up). However...very good acting and so I will give him a pass.

Tags
henry v, netflix, shakespeare