The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 03:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellydofc View Post
You do have several good points. And it is entirely possible that things were told to Harry when he was younger that have now been reassessed. We will likely never know the full details of what happened. The title issue is complex and as monarchies get scaled back might become more so. I do hope it's all sorted before Charlotte and Louis come of age.
I can't imagine why Harry woudl expect nowadays that his son would be given the HRH. He is going ot have it when Charles is King.. (Unless things change by then).
and since Harry's gone off to republican America, what does he want a title for Archie for? Or himself come to that.
most European monarchies have scaled back the number of HRH's for members, except for the heir.. just as they have scaled back the "doing royal duties" people. Charles intended Harry and Will to work as royals.. but that doesn't mean that H's son would be HRH until he, Charles, was king...
and the issue of the title has nothning to do with the security as H shoudl damn well know.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathia_sophia View Post
I feel so confused about all this, especially about Archie's title. I do remember that when he was born, H and M wanted him to have a normal childhood, and thus was not given the title of a son of a duke (or did I misread it back then?). Now it seems they want Archie to be prince for his protection, but his title was denied when he was born...I'm so confused...

As for the race comment...There are petty people, but does one has to take it seriously? I mean, we hear so many awful things everyday, of course, I am against racism and such, but if we were to get angry at every little comment, then we wouldn't have a life... A woman told my young cousin that she had speech problems and should see a doctor (girl is healthy, she is just a little shy), my aunt heard this and got furious and everything became pretty nasty (something that could have been avoided if approached in a different way).

To be honest, I wouldn't want to be friends/acquaintance with Meghan. I would even fear to speak to her (I am a good person, but sometimes we say things that we don't mean). We are now at a time where freedom of speech is being lost, everything is seen as "racism" or "personal attacks"...
I could not agree more wholeheartedly!

We all say something stupid or unfortunate from time to time, and if we are to whacked on the head each time that happens, the planet will soon be very quiet...
A little overbearing and forgiveness will go a long way - we will need that in return, when it's our turn to step in it.

Apart from that I find the statement from the BRF to be a safe bet.
It denies any form of racism as at worst unintentional, while looking into it. - Which means that if H&M persists, they will be the ones to escalate the conflict.

The remarks about keeping any other strife within the family is to be expected and the best way of handling it IMO.

They are standing their ground - in public - while not escalating the conflict.

Glancing through some comments in British papers you'd be forgiven for thinking this is the worst crisis the BRF has faced for centuries. Really?
King Edward abdicating?
King Charles beheaded?
An inexperienced Queen Victoria?
Napoleon at the Channel in 1804?
The Blitz? There were only a few hundred fighters and the remnant of three divisions between the Germans and an extended exile in Canada.
1588?
The coup ousting the Stuart line?
- This is merely an annoying fly.

Old 03-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
The intricacies of titles in the British royal family system seem quite complicated and confusing. In any case, the point is: M&H were apparently told that Archie would not be receiving the HRH title at birth in the same way as all of the Cambridge siblings. Only Prince George as a direct heir was entitled to HRH/Prince title. The Queen issued LPs ahead of Charlotte's birth so that all of the Cambridge siblings would receive HRH Prince/Princess titles, and not have to wait until Charles becomes king
Just a slight correction here. The Queen issued LPs giving all the Cambridge children the right to the HRH and Prince/ss titles before *George* was born. The LPs were issued in December 2012 and George was born in 2013.

This was to ensure that because of the recent amendment to the Act of Succession implementing absolute primogeniture, the heir to the heir to the heir to the throne would be an HRH and Prince/ss. Otherwise, if Charlotte was born first, she wouldn't have been titled as such but her brother, the second child, would be as the first *male* son of the heir to the heir to the throne.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I can't imagine why Harry woudl expect nowadays that his son would be given the HRH. He is going ot have it when Charles is King.. (Unless things change by then).
and since Harry's gone off to republican America, what does he want a title for Archie for? Or himself come to that.
most European monarchies have scaled back the number of HRH's for members, except for the heir.. just as they have scaled back the "doing royal duties" people. Charles intended Harry and Will to work as royals.. but that doesn't mean that H's son would be HRH until he, Charles, was king...
and the issue of the title has nothning to do with the security as H shoudl damn well know.
Harry wants everything without working for nothing. Somebody elsewhere made a great point about how American celebrity comes without responsibility. That's why they're craving for it.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:18 PM
Nobility

The BP statement was a class act. Never lower yourself to the level the Sussexes brought themselves to but make it abundantly clear that the other side's "recollection" isn't the truth. No ammo for the pair of professional victims. At this level, I wonder if Meghan even called the Queen. They can - and do - say whatever they feel raise their royalty - pun intended - safe in the knowledge that the palace would never state their version.

Call me callous but I never got this "the tabloids ruined my life"! attitude from Meghan. They didn't and neither did the social media. Yes, it wasn't nice but who made her read them? Who made Harry obsessively read everything printed about him in the media and go cold because someone said something nasty? Did their livelihood depend on this? Would Meghan be "fired" as Duchess and member of the royal family if there were too many negative stories about her in papers everyone knows are rugs? She was adored by the wide public every time she made an appearance. I distinctly remember the crowd chanting "Meghan, Meghan!" as she grinned from ear to ear, flaunting her open coat over a flat belly at Eugenie's wedding. But instead of the adoration of the British public, they chose to focus on the tabloids.
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I could not agree more wholeheartedly!

We all say something stupid or unfortunate from time to time, and if we are to whacked on the head each time that happens, the planet will soon be very quiet...
A little overbearing and forgiveness will go a long way - we will need that in return, when it's our turn to step in it.

Apart from that I find the statement from the BRF to be a safe bet.
It denies any form of racism as at worst unintentional, while looking into it. - Which means that if H&M persists, they will be the ones to escalate the conflict.

The remarks about keeping any other strife within the family is to be expected and the best way of handling it IMO.

Glancing through some comments in British papers you'd be forgiven for thinking this is the worst crisis the BRF has faced for centuries. Really?
King Edward abdicating?
King Charles beheaded?
An inexperienced Queen Victoria?
Napoleon at the Channel in 1804?
The Blitz? There were only a few hundred fighters and the remnant of three divisions between the Germans and an extended exile in Canada.
1588?
The coup ousting the Stuart line?
- This is merely an annoying fly.
I think people should be forgiven for thinking this is nothing short of an apocalypse.
Aristocracy

I could see a discussion about marrying a biracial woman and having mixed children happening. It was just another thing to consider - whether Harry is ready to face racist comments about his wife and potential kids. I could imagine line of thinking - darker the child, harsher the comments.

It's not ok, but that's a reality. Racism is still out there, and Meghan and Archie have faced it.
Is it bad to think ahead and speculate what mixed-race children might face from tabloids and online haters?
Old 03-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Not only have the continental European RFs downsized, but do not expect the younger siblings of the heir to do insane amounts of royal work -- they have the freedom to pursue their own careers and are called upon to serve the respective Crown when required. If you scale back, you scale back the whole lot, not pick and choose.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Harry wants everything without working for nothing. Somebody elsewhere made a great point about how American celebrity comes without responsibility. That's why they're craving for it.
well yes American celebrity does come without responsibility.. but all the same, a lot of American celebs have worked hard to make the money that makes them a celeb... I may not care for how they acquired the money, like trashy tv shows or the like but they have done something to get their cash. Harry, it seems, left the RF with a pretty good fortune.. but then found that his father wasn't going to give him a generous allowance indefinitely, and so far has not done ANYTHING work wise to earn money. He may find that even the American celebs start to think poorly of him...
Old 03-09-2021, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Not only have the continental European RFs downsized, but do not expect the younger siblings of the heir to do insane amounts of royal work -- they have the freedom to pursue their own careers and are called upon to serve the respective Crown when required. If you scale back, you scale back the whole lot, not pick and choose.
Then according to their own words, Meghan was given the choice to continue acting. They put it across as if it were a bad thing, huh.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Royal Highness

But they don’t have the money for that kind of life at least not in definitely. Domestic staff, drivers, appropriate clothing for that lifestyle , nannies and private schools because the Golden children surely can’t go to public schools, vacations will deplete them sooner rather than later. And mooching off friends for favors long term is not doable

And Darn straight these most A list actors, directors, writers etc have worked years from a young age to earn fame and their money.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:23 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Then according to their own words, Meghan was given the choice to continue acting.
I'm not really sure how she could have continued to act (where? ON stage? IN London? In the US).. and do her job as a Princess. But its possible that the RF did say that she could continue acting for a time and let Harry carry the Royal duties, and ease her into royal life within a few years.... as Kate was allowed to be a housewife and mum for a few years...
Old 03-09-2021, 03:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I'm not really sure how she could have continued to act (where? ON stage? IN London? In the US).. and do her job as a Princess. But its possible that the RF did say that she could continue acting for a time and let Harry carry the Royal duties, and ease her into royal life within a few years.... as Kate was allowed to be a housewife and mum for a few years...
In Crown.
Or better yet, Game of Thrones.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
This is what happens when an institution is thrown under a bus, the bus realizes it's rolled over an indestructible tank.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:27 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
Yes, it is the equivalent of when people say "Mistakes were made", instead of apologizing and admitting guilt. It shows a lack of sincerity and understanding. Not a good look.
That's not what the statement says.
Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
Yes, it is the equivalent of when people say "Mistakes were made", instead of apologizing and admitting guilt. It shows a lack of sincerity and understanding. Not a good look.
Why should they apologize, pray tell?
Old 03-09-2021, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
In Crown.
Or better yet, Game of Thrones.
I thought that she plunged into royal life too soon, (trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) and added to that pregnancy.. so maybe she did get stressed out a bit. But seriously, i think SHE was the one who wanted to be in royal duties life and was keen to take it all on.. Maybe then she found she couldnt handle it... but the queen has generally allowed royal wives now to go into the duties side of life, slower...and Im sure if Meghan had asked, she would have alos been allowed to go slower and wiat a few years before taking on the duties...
Old 03-09-2021, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
That is not what the statement says.
It does when you can read between the lines and understand the context of what is being said.
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihkon2 View Post
That's not what the statement says.
and what "guilt" is there to admit to?? The 2 of them gave conflicting reports of "waht was said" refused to name who said it..and left everyting unclear....
Royal Highness

We also don't know if the acting statement is true to put it bluntly. It might be true or it might have been thrown out there and quickly dismissed or it's a highly embellished account.

I can't see Prince Harry's wife being cast in Roadkill for example without a huge amount of controversy or have a sex scene etc and then there would be complaints about BP stepping in to censor her career if they tried to have guidelines about what she could and couldn't do.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is an example of a 2nd child who works for the royal family but who's children were stripped of their titles in a slimming down move AFTER they had been born.

Closed Thread