The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah III - Post-Interview, March 9th 2021 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they don’t have the money for that kind of life at least not in definitely. Domestic staff, drivers, appropriate clothing for that lifestyle , nannies and private schools because the Golden children surely can’t go to public schools, vacations will deplete them sooner rather than later. And mooching off friends for favors long term is not doable

And Darn straight these most A list actors, directors, writers etc have worked years from a young age to earn fame and their money.

Last edited:
Then according to their own words, Meghan was given the choice to continue acting.

I'm not really sure how she could have continued to act (where? ON stage? IN London? In the US).. and do her job as a Princess. But its possible that the RF did say that she could continue acting for a time and let Harry carry the Royal duties, and ease her into royal life within a few years.... as Kate was allowed to be a housewife and mum for a few years...

I'm not really sure how she could have continued to act (where? ON stage? IN London? In the US).. and do her job as a Princess. But its possible that the RF did say that she could continue acting for a time and let Harry carry the Royal duties, and ease her into royal life within a few years.... as Kate was allowed to be a housewife and mum for a few years...

In Crown. :lol:
Or better yet, Game of Thrones.?

They are standing their ground - in public - while not escalating the conflict.

This is what happens when an institution is thrown under a bus, the bus realizes it's rolled over an indestructible tank. ;)

Yes, it is the equivalent of when people say "Mistakes were made", instead of apologizing and admitting guilt. It shows a lack of sincerity and understanding. Not a good look.

That's not what the statement says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it is the equivalent of when people say "Mistakes were made", instead of apologizing and admitting guilt. It shows a lack of sincerity and understanding. Not a good look.

Why should they apologize, pray tell?

In Crown. :lol:
Or better yet, Game of Thrones.

I thought that she plunged into royal life too soon, (trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) and added to that pregnancy.. so maybe she did get stressed out a bit. But seriously, i think SHE was the one who wanted to be in royal duties life and was keen to take it all on.. Maybe then she found she couldnt handle it... but the queen has generally allowed royal wives now to go into the duties side of life, slower...and Im sure if Meghan had asked, she would have alos been allowed to go slower and wiat a few years before taking on the duties...

That's not what the statement says.

and what "guilt" is there to admit to?? The 2 of them gave conflicting reports of "waht was said" refused to name who said it..and left everyting unclear....

Last edited by a moderator:
We also don't know if the acting statement is true to put it bluntly. It might be true or it might have been thrown out there and quickly dismissed or it's a highly embellished account.

I can't see Prince Harry's wife being cast in Roadkill for example without a huge amount of controversy or have a sex scene etc and then there would be complaints about BP stepping in to censor her career if they tried to have guidelines about what she could and couldn't do.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is an example of a 2nd child who works for the royal family but who's children were stripped of their titles in a slimming down move AFTER they had been born.

Last edited:

To be fair I'm not sure that's quite accurate. It's saying two people have a different memory of the same conversation.

It's no more or no less credible than what Harry said in the interview really is it? Two sides (at least!) to every story. Why take his version at face value?

Has anyone seen the telegraph? There are about 4 stories that I would really like to see. Judging on the headline - I think M&H Lawyers have already been called.

We also don't know if the acting statement is true to put it bluntly. It might be true or it might have been thrown out there and quickly dismissed or it's a highly embellished account.

I can't see Prince Harry's wife being cast in Roadkill for example without a huge amount of controversy or have a sex scene etc and then there would be complaints about BP stepping in to censor her career if they tried to have guidelines about what she could and couldn't do.

P.

No i quite agree. I don't think that acting was that likely as a career for a working princess - possibly on a temp basis but yes there would be issues like sex scenes, or "did she get that part because of who she is" and so on. but I gather Harry is strying to gloss it as "the Palace told me she woudl have to go on acting as I wouldnt be given the money to keep her"??

Overall, I think this interview was short-sighted at best, incredibly stupid at worst. But Meghan made one very good point that stuck with me:

The UNTRUE story that Meghan made Kate cry in the runup to the wedding took on a life of its' own and has become part of Meghan Lore. No one...not a single person...from BP or Kensington Palace stepped in to refute this story when it appeared in Vanity Fair.

But last summer when the unflattering "Catherine The Great" story and cover came up in Tatler, the BRF was fast and furious to defend Kate point by point.

That Meghan feels bitter/aggrieved by this doesn't surprise me in the least. And I don't blame her.:ermm:

I was thinking the same thing about the Tatler story. The Tatler story said that Kate was "exhausted and trapped" (Harry's word), she was "furious about the extra workload", that she did not help Meghan, and that she has "a ruthless survival streak."

The Kensington Palace statement said: "This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication."

Tatler's response was that they interviewed friends of Kate and William.

The Kensington Palace statement did not state that some recollections may vary. Again, the very different treatment of Kate and Meghan.

She said she was married twice and She was not allowed mental health therapy. After that why should anything she says be taken as gospel?

I am amazed each time a claim Meghan made is taken as God's own truth. FF, anyone? "The Duke and Duchess didn't talk to the authors and contribute...", "Oh, the Duke and Duchess let their friends talk to get the record straight."

God, even the Jessica Mulroney thing! "Meghan isn't talking to her!" A few months later - "Meghan was incredibly supportive all the time." While the truth, IMO, was along the lines of the most honest description, IMO again, of any action of Meghan this far: "The Duchess can't be seen interacting with her PUBLICLY." Meghan wants her cake and all this. Both the friend and the fighter against injustice crown.

The bottom line is, I've long held the opinion that Harry and Meghan can't be trusted. This interview did nothing to change this opinion for me, especially with the way she threw the race card into the title question.

It's very possible that the pair simply lied and in this case, no one should ever apologize to them. Not calling them liars is gracious enough because, IMO once again, in this interview they definitely did stretch the truth to play to their audience.

Last edited:
The whole "racial slur" comment without context and with even Harry and Meghan at odds about when it was said, I cannot accept it as a "truth". It seems more like "I heard it from a friend who, heard it from a friend who heard X tell Y the ABCs in numerical order."

The statements by Meghan and then Harry did what it was supposed to do. Create a sensation. Everybody's talking about something someone may have said years ago and everybody has a different interpretation of what was said.

I distinctly remember the crowd chanting "Meghan, Meghan!" as she grinned from ear to ear, flaunting her open coat over a flat belly at Eugenie's wedding. But instead of the adoration of the British public, they chose to focus on the tabloids.

This characterization of her "flaunting" and the size or appearance of her "belly" is so irrelevant and unnecessary. What does this have to do with anything? Also, for whatever it's worth, I distinctly remember thinking for the first time at Eugenie's wedding that Meghan was probably pregnant (so, I guess opposite conclusion as to how you thought she looked?).

Seems to some Meghan and Harry are so super special rules that apply to every other Royal don’t apply to them and indeed their child is much more important than all the other Royal Great grandkids so he must! Have special security and a title right! now! The Royals begged to differ so they are big bullies and meanies now.

One can see it this way, even if one sees what brought it on.... Bad situation all around.

I was thinking the same thing about the Tatler story. The Tatler story said that Kate was "exhausted and trapped" (Harry's word), she was "furious about the extra workload", that she did not help Meghan, and that she has "a ruthless survival streak."

The Kensington Palace statement said: "This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication."

The Kensington Palace statement did not state that some recollections may vary. Again, the very different treatment of Kate and Meghan.

Very different circumstances so different responses. 1 is a magazine article. And a response from William and Kate's office/ Not an official press release from the Monarchy itself.

The other is an official response from the Monarchy itself, in response to 2 members of the Royal Family making claims against other members of the Royal Family in an immensely more popular venue.

And good on the Queen I say.

I got to wondering about the acting comment this morning and the recent discussion here reminded me of it...

Is this another possible conversation that occurred before Harry proposed, when Meghan was in the process of moving over to the UK? Something along the lines of "maybe she should continue acting, unless you want to fund her security privately there probably isn't the money to do that..." which Harry and Meghan have now twisted into "she should keep acting after marriage". I could easily envision Harry being told "no PPO until she is married in" and really jumping on the engagement train because he didn't think he should have to pay, privately, for her security.

I got to wondering about the acting comment this morning and the recent discussion here reminded me of it...

Is this another possible conversation that occurred before Harry proposed, when Meghan was in the process of moving over to the UK? Something along the lines of "maybe she should continue acting, unless you want to fund her security privately there probably isn't the money to do that..." which Harry and Meghan have now twisted into "she should keep acting after marriage". I could easily envision Harry being told "no PPO until she is married in" and really jumping on the engagement train because he didn't think he should have to pay, privately, for her security.

I didnt think that Meghan moved here until she was officially engaged? Possibly yes, he was told that if she came to live with him prior to marriage, she wouldn't be given a PPO.. (unless they were engaged).. and it seems H has a big ojbection to paying for anything himself....

I have no idea why the KP statement issued by the Cambridges would require "some recollections may vary."

Keep in mind too that much of the redacted portions were those involving the Middletons who are private citizens and not public figures like the Cambridges.

This is the reason Harry and Meghan were so upset when after splitting with William and Catherine, they were put under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace's communications staff. If William and Catherine were under the Buckingham Palace umbrella, this statement would not have been released.

Can some doctor please handle Harry and push him slowly to the truth, please?
His so beloved Granny is the one who was in charge to most of the things happening to Diana, especially taking the HRH away and still what was done (if) to his family now.
Not far in the future we will read or hear Meghan saying: we proof we do not need a royal title.....
just like Charles Spencer said at D's funeral. Those brats are waiting for this climax (IMO)
If Harry wants peace on his mind, he should face the truth and not keep running against walls. This is not how good therapy works.

The statement as good as it might seem to be is just another proof HM hates conflicts....and she has proofed for decades handling these things rather bad.
I do not believe never explain-never complain will work. As Harry seems to have no experience with being limited (understand the irony), he goes crazy. HM will sooner or later be gone, but what is left for the heir and William with these two from LA?
And again HE was the one in a Nazi-Uniform!!! This is a fact and no rumours about WHO said WHAT about Archie , with bad intention? Any biracial (what a disgusting word) or not couple discusses the matter, what the child will look like-NO RACISM at all!

Sorry, but HM should do something, but maybe more people should face the fact that she is 95! Seriously who has a Granny this age who solves such matters? NO ONE. Those who are the future are asked to act (behind the scenes if needed).
And I have a dream ;-) the public, the press, the media ignoring the Sussex couple would bring a lot of peace.

As many posters have pointed out, Harry and Meghan couldn't even get the time of the event (on Archie's skin colour) right. And both of them couldn't even name the individual, instead decided to make blanket statements on how the royal family is systematically racist. Both of them also did not give context to the racism incident and Meghan herself said "potentially" rather than being definite.

Nana Akua was on Good Morning Britain, who has mix race children. She was very adamant on finding the context of the conversation, whilst also calling out actual racism. She also said that when she was expecting her first child, there were comments on her child's look. Not all of them are racism, some of them are ignorance and lack of understanding.

Meghan herself has lied before on the involvement of Finding Freedom. She first said that she has not involved with Omid Scobie and Caroline Durand, but then later admits that she did pass information to the authors via a third party.

I am an ethnic minority in Australia and I also dislike how "racism" has be thrown liberally, especially over little things and have been used to shut down discussion. Yes, real racism in any shape of form should be called out. The Jussie Smollett incident really angered me, because it undermines actual racism.

Last edited:
Then according to their own words, Meghan was given the choice to continue acting. They put it across as if it were a bad thing, huh.

Yes, she should of. And her insta and all her other work should have continued if she wanted it too. And it was Royal Family Inc who spoke those words to Harry when they wanted to cut security from their son - "maybe Meghan should go back to acting to pay " were the words the RF used to Harry. The expectation was that Meghan give up everything to serve the Crown, which she did. Then the RF started to change intentions.

Last edited:

All this seems so foolish, really. What did they think, that Harry was never going to get married? Regardless of who he married, they were going to pay for the security. And if they were so worried about the baby's skin tone, why would they allow him to get married in the first place.
Harry seems to be very sensitive when it comes to Meghan. If reports are to be believed, he took mighty offense to William saying he should take things slowly with Meghan. Such a person wouldn't get Meghan the help required when she needed it!? Gosh! How can people even fall for this.

The whole thing that sealed it was the Meghan was like Diana thing. Lol. There cannot be a Diana in this day and age. Internet and social media has turned celebrities into ordinary people, there's no more mystique or intrigue involved. And anyway, Kate and William get amazing crowds wherever they go.

This is the reason Harry and Meghan were so upset when after splitting with William and Catherine, they were put under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace's communications staff. If William and Catherine were under the Buckingham Palace umbrella, this statement would not have been released.
:previous: Thank you for reminding me that they were under the BP communications after the split. The couple had their own official Instagram after splitting with the KP account unlike the majority of the working BRF: QEII, Anne, Wessexes, Gloucesters, and Kents who use the Royal Family social media accounts.

Afterwards it was Clarence House, KP, the Sussexes and DoY with their own official accounts apart from Royal Family.

This characterization of her "flaunting" and the size or appearance of her "belly" is so irrelevant and unnecessary. What does this have to do with anything? Also, for whatever it's worth, I distinctly remember thinking for the first time at Eugenie's wedding that Meghan was probably pregnant (so, I guess opposite conclusion as to how you thought she looked?).

The following: it was another example of Meghan courting the press and loving the speculations about her. Only, it was the good speculations. The point is, at the time people started speculating that she might be pregnant because of the maternity coat and they loved it, wished all the best on them and the baby, were over the moon for them. But no, they had to focus on the tabloids and the jerks who can be found in every sphere, social media included, when their livelihood, comfort and station in life didn't depend on it. They were looking for something to have ruined their lives and the tabloids were it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom