The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 06:43 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald View Post
The title of that article is: American 'supermarket tabloid' celebrity gossip magazines used on Oprah to show British media bias
Thank you.

Old 03-11-2021, 06:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
I think if the Met or another threat analysis team said "Sir, your son is in critical need of security. it's life or death!" Because of his high profile, wife and army service, Charles would probably still be paying it.

Especially Harry really couldn't afford it.

TAnd there are a lot of very vulnerable people at risk who could never afford any type of security and wouldn't be offered it by the police.
Charles might for a time but I think he's not going ot to do it forever. Security in LA is expensive and since his son claimed that he wanted to leave royal life to make more money, then I'd say its up to Harry to make that money adn pay his own expenses, including security. If he can't make more money, then downsize and live somewhere less expensive and hire a few security guards....

Old 03-11-2021, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness

I have read part of Omid Scobies article, can Meghan and Harry go any lower, they obviously can.
I struggle to believe that this is what Harry wants.
He is allowing his grandmothers reign of nearly70 years to be destroyed I cannot see a way back from this.
She is devoted to the Commonwealth and he does this to her.
I didn't agree with them losing their titles but now, I am not so sure.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
They might forgive and forget but they're fool if they're ever alone with either of them again. Just like meghans father you can't trust Harry and Meghan not to run to the nearest reporter and say nasty things.
right? I would be afraid to talk on the phone with them, especially with Meghan, who clearly has an agenda against the royal family.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 PM
Serene Highness

Harry & Meghan's interview with Oprah has definitely overshadow The Earl of Wessex's 57th birthday (10th March). Not only he gets painted under the same brush of racism allegation, but his children who are old enough to understand and probably be talked about at school (returned on the 8th March).

I don't see Harry and Meghan appearing at Trooping of the Colour nor even attending The Queen's Platinum Jubilee nor the private celebration Prince Philip's 100th Birthday, after effectively throwing the royal family under bus. I think the Sussexes have burnt their bridges with the royal family and even possibly the British public.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post
Harry & Meghan's interview with Oprah has definitely overshadow The Earl of Wessex's 57th birthday (10th March). Not only he gets painted under the same brush of racism allegation, but his children who are old enough to understand and probably be talked about at school (returned on the 8th March).

I don't see Harry and Meghan appearing at Trooping of the Colour nor even attending nor The Queen's Platinum Jubilee nor the private celebration Prince Philip's 100th Birthday, after effectively throwing the royal family under bus. I think the Sussexes have burnt their bridges with the royal family and even possibly the British public.

I do feel very badly for the Wessex children and the Phillips girls who are very likely old enough to also understand that their family members are being accused of racism.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah III - Post-Interview, March 9th 2021 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC21091968 View Post

I don't see Harry and Meghan appearing in Trooping of the Colour nor even attending nor The Queen's Platinum Jubilee nor the private celebration Prince Philip's 100th Birthday, after effectively throwing the royal family under bus.

Excellent points about James and Louise. I hadn’t considered yet what this would put them through. Kids can be cruel. Hadn’t realized Edward’s birthday was this week. Ugh

I imagine Peter’s girls are old enough too to be upset by this.

But....Harry and Meghan are kind and compassionate, right?

The more I think about it- just how many bridges have they burned- permanently. Everything else aside- no parent is going to easily let go of their child suffering the fallout of this heartless interview.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:22 PM

And now Scobie has access to the emails. There can really be no doubt anymore that they provided all the scoop for his book. Is there anyone in their circle with a clear head? With the ability to tell them to stop and think about their actions? It's starting to look vindictive. I'm beginning to wonder how much of the rift in the Markle family wasn't Meghan's fault.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
Hillary's the only politician I've heard in the US to say anything. You'd expect her to. But the others in the US should stay out of it for the same reason Harry and Meghan should stay out of US politics. I don't care if I agree with them or not. They shouldn't get involved in British politics.

But I haven't heard boo from all those other "pro meghan" celebrities. Maybe they're still hoping to get invited to Buckingham Palace.

On a side note is there a comedy video out there of a parody of the royal family watching this? People seem to think it's real and I can't believe it is.
I guess Hillary is truly retired now and no longer going to play any role the the US political arena.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Rightly or wrongly Meghan feels aggrieved and she is going to make the royal family pay. Goodness knows what she has gathered with her when they left to use as ammunition.
What is Archewell about again oh I know.
Compassion and kindness.
They actually need to be careful as they are going to damage their brand, compassionate and kind they are not.
They are showing nasty, vindictive behaviour.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
If this is correct that they have passed over e mails to Omid Scobie they have hit an unbelievable low. her pal appeared on morning tv the other day, saying nothing much until at the end she did mention there were emails that proved everything although I picked it up as being the request for help with mental health issues.
There is a pattern here again of behaviour, the interview with Tom Bradbury , which he followed up with mention of big interviews and books, which have happened, on the tv the other day the mention of e mails and would you believe it Omid has e mails. Demanding privacy on one hand but divulging private e mails on the other.

They have the cheek to talk about privacy, sued about articles and letters.
Meghan is obsessed with Kate.
I am now beginning to think that these are all threats via the media, about what they are going to do next.
Give us what we want or else.
I feel that this is it exactly. I think that Meghan saying that a member of the Royal Family wondered about the color of Archie's skin, and then refusing to say who, is an "implied threat" to hold over their heads so that they can get what they want. I don't think holding a threat over the Queen's head is going to work. Also, I find it interesting that as litigious as they are, they have not sued The Times over their article about her alleged bullying of her staff.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
Also, I find it interesting that as litigious as they are, they have not sued The Times over their article about her alleged bullying of her staff.
Good point I had forgotten about that.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallo girl View Post
I have read part of Omid Scobies article, can Meghan and Harry go any lower, they obviously can.
I struggle to believe that this is what Harry wants.
He is allowing his grandmothers reign of nearly70 years to be destroyed I cannot see a way back from this.
She is devoted to the Commonwealth and he does this to her.
I didn't agree with them losing their titles but now, I am not so sure.
I am reminded of Meghan's half brother's open letter to Harry telling him he did not need to marry Meghan, particularly this sentence: "Its [sic] very apparent that her tiny bit of Hollywood fame has gone to her head, changing her into a jaded, shallow, conceited women [sic] that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage."
Old 03-11-2021, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadieKelly View Post
And now Scobie has access to the emails. There can really be no doubt anymore that they provided all the scoop for his book. Is there anyone in their circle with a clear head? With the ability to tell them to stop and think about their actions? It's starting to look vindictive. I'm beginning to wonder how much of the rift in the Markle family wasn't Meghan's fault.

I think we’re way past STARTING to look vindictive. This is vindictive.

I see Meghan and her relationship with the Markle’s very differently now. I’ll leave it at that.

I think the Sussexes are surrounding themselves with yes- people. So I would say clear, level headed thinking is out. Anyone with sense would at the very least point out how absurd it is to preach kindness and compassion in their foundation and do something like this. And then to keep on mowing the family over AFTER they’d had their supposed one and only say.

In fact- my guess is the reality is that they never listened to the advice they were given if it was contrary to their own opinion. I’d bet that a big part of their failure lies at their inability to LISTEN.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Oh, but wait. I thought they said they were finished talking after this interview
Old 03-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I am reminded of Meghan's half brother's open letter to Harry telling him he did not need to marry Meghan, particularly this sentence: "Its [sic] very apparent that her tiny bit of Hollywood fame has gone to her head, changing her into a jaded, shallow, conceited women [sic] that will make a joke of you and the royal family heritage."

Dang. That was accurate. And Harry stands there and helps her do it.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Since I have nothing better to do (thanks unemployment) I am following this story on various different forums. Something interesting that is being mentioned is that H&M are in serious financial difficulties. They’ve run out of whatever they got from Netflix as seed money (as much as $10 Million USD) and Spotify with no monies to produce the content they need to sell these platforms to get more money. COVID-19 has hurt the launch of their “brand” and they’re fast losing whatever relevancy they has and are now trying to get the RF to cover their bills- through whatever means necessary.

I don’t know how true that is, because if they were seriously about to go out on the streets, I have no doubt that Charles would step up.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/143012...rah-interview/

I am lost for words
Old 03-11-2021, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post
Since I have nothing better to do (thanks unemployment) I am following this story on various different forums. Something interesting that is being mentioned is that H&M are in serious financial difficulties. They’ve run out of whatever they got from Netflix as seed money (as much as $10 Million USD) and Spotify with no monies to produce the content they need to sell these platforms to get more money. COVID-19 has hurt the launch of their “brand” and they’re fast losing whatever relevancy they has and are now trying to get the RF to cover their bills- through whatever means necessary.

I don’t know how true that is, because if they were seriously about to go out on the streets, I have no doubt that Charles would step up.
I thought they got millions from Netflix and Spotify.
If they have no money Harry is toast she will move on to the next one.
Oh my God she thought Harry was loaded, compared to ordinary Joe Bloggs he is but not compared to what William will inherit.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo View Post

Interesting, but I hope they are not that irresponsible. If they ran into financial difficulties, I'm sure that Charles would ensure their safety, which would mean a secure home. Of course, they would have to sell their house with the chicken coop.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
They are absolutely trying to do as much damage as possibilities to the BRF. If not destroy it. Who does that to their family? I don’t understand why anyone would defend Meghan and Harry’s behavior and make accusations towards the BRF without any consideration that there is a whole other side to this story. All these stupid “woke” celebrities, politicians and media mouth pieces are jumping on The race wagon and going after the BRF and Harry and Meghan are perfectly happy to watch and help it along.

I am absolutely disgusted.

Closed Thread