The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2021, 11:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
And you not believing it doesn't mean Meghan is lying either. We agree to disagree. I am not debating this any further.
The actual law of the land of the United Kingdom makes it untrue.

Many hundreds of thousands if not millions of posts flooding social media around the world, show that the Sussexes interview worked to marvelous effect the way I fully believe it was intended. People became so enthralled in the emotions of what the couple was saying that when confronted with the actual, provable truth (for example, the Letters Patent), they flatly refuse to believe it.

As to William's comments today, this is the closest I believe I have ever come to seeing William lose his cool. Although he was remarkably composed when he responded, seeing William "snap" and respond to a thrown-out comment (other than a chatty-chatty, positive one) by a reporter is immensely out of character for him and speaks to exactly how much this situation if affecting him. I don't say any of this in a negative way. It very much impacted me to know how much the family must be affected. They are used to having questions like this thrown at them their entire lives and usually do not blink an eyelash. This got to him.

Compare to Harry when, egged on by a reporter in Africa who in a similar way was trying to get a reaction out of him, snapped back something to the effect of, "Did you really just ask that?"

Old 03-11-2021, 11:38 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I have been thinking about the interview and I believe that Harry and Meghan are going to continue to be a thorn in the side of the RF. Even though they said that this interview would be the last thing they would say on this subject, Janina Gavankar was given permission by Meghan to respond the "recollections may vary" part of the Queen's statement. So, it is obvious that H & M are not going to stop talking about the RF. I am wondering how the RF are going to be able to effectively deal with this as time goes on?
I don't think there is anything the royal family can do but keep somewhat of a distance. Just have bland interactions and meaningless chit chat when they get together until Meghan and Harry earn their trust, which will probably take years.

Old 03-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
Interesting, isn’t it. Apparently that title was very important to independent Meghan. (Meghan earned a living. Best I can tell that’s why the word is being applied to her. That’s not unusual these days or a particularly notable achievement for a woman.)
Everything she said was selective and presented for drama and effect.
An example, they took my passport.......eyes down, bit lip, Oprah gasps in shock.
Now if she had said, the office hold the passports for convenience and the smooth organisation of trips but as an independent woman who has always been responsible for my actions/ travel etc I was surprised how that sign of independence meant so much to me. It didnt stop me travelling but it was a strange experience.
That would have made an interesting point to listen to but doesn't make for Oprah drama.

Tom Bradbury got the SA interview then he dropped hints about further interviews and books, then came the FF book , Oprah and now the actress friend letting slip with a smirk 're the e mail trails. It is all to keep the pot warm keep people interested. At the same time a warning to the family that we are not finished yet. They are using People to keep their name out there.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Generally speaking yes. Of course the queen and heir and their consorts will always have security.. because by the very nature of their position they are high risk. Harry as a working royal and an ex solider would be high risk while working - but that might change over time. Andrew I think has lost his security now that he's not a working royal. So did Bea and Eugenie.. they weren't considered high risk and economies needed to be made.
Fergie lost her security when she divorced.. but Diana kept hers although she wasn't considered a workign royal but she was a high profile and deemed to be at risk....
Perhaps I am misremembering but I thought that Diana was considered a working royal at the time. Charles stopped paying her personal bills but continued to pay for an official office for that reason. Regardless, it is a completely different situation because Diana moved into Kensington Palace, which has its own security, for her security but also for Harry and William's security when they were with her.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Harry is a son, brother and grandson. With time they may forgive if not forget and I don’t believe any of them is so mean and Petty as to hold all this against Archie and Sister. Now Meghan... She is neither family or a child to be given any inch. Henry and his children will be welcome eventually but she is almost certainly “cancelled” as the kids say today. Harry will have some hard choices in the coming years I fear.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:49 AM
Nobility

[QUOTE=texankitcat;2379731]I think what is really needed at this point is for Princess Ann to step in and address Harry and Meghan behavior and entitlement. Now THAT would be amazing! If she could take on a kidnapper with a good tongue lashing, she could certainly deal these two. She would have Harry clutching his pull ups and Meghan putting those curtsying lessons to good use within minutes. This is funny
Old 03-11-2021, 11:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Harry is a son, brother and grandson. With time they may forgive if not forget and I don’t believe any of them is so mean and Petty as to hold all this against Archie and Sister. Now Meghan... She is neither family or a child to be given any inch. Henry and his children will be welcome eventually but she is almost certainly “cancelled” as the kids say today. Harry will have some hard choices in the coming years I fear.

There is also the added surprise that with money coming in, a whole lot of that money is going to have to be going out paying their way. I don't think that's really anything that Harry's had to be concerned about before. That hit home to me with Harry joking in the video with James Corben stating "royals don't carry money". Harry is living in a totally different world from what he's had over 35 years. That's going to be a major eye opener for him.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Perhaps I am misremembering but I thought that Diana was considered a working royal at the time. Charles stopped paying her personal bills but continued to pay for an official office for that reason. Regardless, it is a completely different situation because Diana moved into Kensington Palace, which has its own security, for her security but also for Harry and William's security when they were with her.
well she had lost her HRH in the divorce and although she had an office and retained some charities, she wasn't anything like a full time working royal. She was in KP anyway, and it had security but she wanted to be free to go around London by herself...When Will and H were with her, their RPOS were there but Diana regarded RPOs as spies or people who intruded on her privacy...
Old 03-11-2021, 11:58 AM
Courtier

They might forgive and forget but they're fool if they're ever alone with either of them again. Just like meghans father you can't trust Harry and Meghan not to run to the nearest reporter and say nasty things.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There is also the added surprise that with money coming in, a whole lot of that money is going to have to be going out paying their way. I don't think that's really anything that Harry's had to be concerned about before. That hit home to me with Harry joking in the video with James Corben stating "royals don't carry money". Harry is living in a totally different world from what he's had over 35 years. That's going to be a major eye opener for him.
I do think that this Netflix deal is not going to go well. Does Harry really have ideas for documentaries etc? Or will it all be Meghan? As you say, its probably come as a shock to him in the past year that he had to pay for security himself, pay his staff, pay the decorators and so on...(that's probably what freaked him out and drove him to ranting at Dad adn asking for more money)...
and if he and Meg don't have ideas or they dont do well, will Netflix continue with the deal?
Old 03-11-2021, 12:05 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I do think that this Netflix deal is not going to go well. Does Harry really have ideas for documentaries etc? Or will it all be Meghan? As you say, its probably come as a shock to him in the past year that he had to pay for security himself, pay his staff, pay the decorators and so on...(that's probably what freaked him out and drove him to ranting at Dad adn asking for more money)...
and if he and Meg don't have ideas or they dont do well, will Netflix continue with the deal?
If they had been smart, they should have produced the interview for Netflix instead of Harpo. They may still do one, but the first interview is the one with the most impact.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
I do sincerely hope that their Netflix and Spotify contracts end up being a huge success as well as their work with the Archewell Foundation. In the business world they're in now, I think it's Meghan that has the most experience and knowledge and knows the ins and outs of how their lives will be now.

It's going to be a major adjustment for this couple. First after marriage, Meghan didn't mesh with Harry's world and now Harry needs to learn to mesh with Meghan's world. I do think they'll make it as a couple as what they do have is strong. Most couples couldn't face the roadblocks this couple seem to have had since day 1.

They're truly a "you and me against the world" kind of a couple.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:15 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I do sincerely hope that their Netflix and Spotify contracts end up being a huge success as well as their work with the Archewell Foundation. In the business world they're in now, I think it's Meghan that has the most experience and knowledge and knows the ins and outs of how their lives will be now.

It's going to be a major adjustment for this couple. First after marriage, Meghan didn't mesh with Harry's world and now Harry needs to learn to mesh with Meghan's world. I do think they'll make it as a couple as what they do have is strong. Most couples couldn't face the roadblocks this couple seem to have had since day 1.

well they will have to be money makers, these deals because I dont think Charles will put his hand in his pockets again unless H is virtually starving. And I doubted a year ago and I sitll doubt it,,, that h e has the least clue what he'll have to do when he needs to make money.. that he will have to work hard, come up with the goods and be tough. As for Meghan, she knows more about the business world than Harry but can she really come up with ideas that will sell and put them into action? She had a modest success as an actress but producing is another ball game and wit her new lifestyle she will need to make a hell of a lot more money...
Old 03-11-2021, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
well they will have to be money makers, these deals because I dont think Charles will put his hand in his pockets again unless H is virtually starving. And I doubted a year ago and I sitll doubt it,,, that h e has the least clue what he'll have to do when he needs to make money.. that he will have to work hard, come up with the goods and be tough. As for Meghan, she knows more about the business world than Harry but can she really come up with ideas that will sell and put them into action? She had a modest success as an actress but producing is another ball game and wit her new lifestyle she will need to make a hell of a lot more money...
There is also the variant that needs to be factored in that in the world they're hoping to succeed in, there's a whole lot of competition. On the global royal stage, the only "competition" they really had was overshadowing another royal doing something. They were popular and lauded as members of the British royal family. Although they're still royal, they'll need the top goods to pull in that popularity and admiration that was handed to them on a global scale.

This is why I stated that Harry and Meghan are now in a dog eat dog world and they've been handed Milk Bone underwear. The competition is going to be fierce.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
I think what is really needed at this point is for Princess Ann to step in and address Harry and Meghan behavior and entitlement. Now THAT would be amazing! If she could take on a kidnapper with a good tongue lashing, she could certainly deal these two. She would have Harry clutching his pull ups and Meghan putting those curtsying lessons to good use within minutes.

Yes. And maybe the fact that The princess Royal doesn't do that will tell us something as well.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Courtier

I don't get what they thought would happen when they quit. They act like they were told to leave.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:

I'm sorry, but Meghan has literally no experience in the world they have entered now. Sure, she was an actress, she did her fair share of things on the side... She also lived in a rented house in Toronto with her two dogs. Now, they are trying to play with the big boys - and it's a completely different ball game. Maybe they will find their way, but I wouldn't put much faith in Meghan's experience.

And well, being the "you and me against the world" kind of people often ends up badly, with isolating themselves from people who want to help them. If taken to the extreme, it's not good nor healthy.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenMathilde View Post
I don't get what they thought would happen when they quit. They act like they were told to leave.
In a sense I suppose they were, They thought that the queen would allow them to move to Canada/US and spend as much time as they liked there and do what they liked.. and still come home and do a bit of royal work...but then they were told that they had to choose in or out, and they chose out..
which meant "living in Canada full time" and before very long they w ere told that they had to pay thier own security in Can or go.. so I suppose that was another shocks to them. I gather that that's why they borrowed the house from whoever it was, in LA and moved there.. and possibly that's when Charles started to say that he wasn't going ot pay for security etc or give them an allowance for life.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
Yes. And maybe the fact that The princess Royal doesn't do that will tell us something as well.
yes it tells us that she is not oging to publicise any family rows....
Old 03-11-2021, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
Why should they forgive her? She didn't forgive her family. And she did the same thing to the royals they did to her

Closed Thread