The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #501  
Old 03-11-2021, 01:39 AM
Claire's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,607
I believe that William and Harry were brought up believe they are superior to their aunt, uncles and other relations. And I think this was intensified by the public support and popularity.
So Harry has always assumed that the rules that apply to Andrew, Edward and Anne are not rules that he needs to worry about and when that turned out not to be the case, he threw his toys out of the cradle.
__________________

  #502  
Old 03-11-2021, 01:51 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
"some sources from the Home Office and Met Police" so not officially the Home Office or Met Police.

What a nasty comment about an anxious mother, particularly as working parents do leave their children.

Harry said in the interview that he was told their risk level hadn't changed so until an official spokesperson from the Met or Home Office publicly refutes that, any speculation by "sources' is coming from a place of ignorance as opposed to Harry's actual knowledge.
From the same article:
Quote:
Dai Davies, a former chief superintendent who ran the Met’s royal protection unit, said there was no automatic right to security because Harry was born a royal. He said: “The duty on the officers is to protect the Queen and the line of succession. If there were any concerns about their safety, then they are now US residents, and she’s a citizen — the FBI would also take appropriate action. If there was any known risk or perceived threat then action could be taken by the police there.
This Mr Davies surely knows what's he's talking about.
__________________

  #503  
Old 03-11-2021, 01:57 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava View Post
Seriously, you didn't understand why she mentioned it? It was clear as day - that the palace will pick and choose when to comment on untruths. That is why she mentioned it. Because the hate toward her in the media was unbearable and The Firm allowed this lie, and many many others, to be perpetuated. How do we knows this - read below:



Understand now? I'll be the first to admit that it's easier to believe what is written in the media than thinking about whether it is true or not. But Meghan highlighted that an untruth, a blatant lie, was allowed to be perpetuated by those who knew the truth. We have been there before - someone knowing a lie but not saying anything - but imagine that on the world stage
With all due respect, we only heard HER side of the story. It's totally possible that she LIED about that issue considering that she also LIED about not giving personal information to the authors of "Finding Freedom". And let's not forget when she was an actress, she literally told an audience about how she LIED that she was in an actor's union when she actually wasn't.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/344159/...ing-directors/
  #504  
Old 03-11-2021, 02:08 AM
AC21091968's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,439
There was a debate on Channel 4 between Calvin Robinson (Campaigner of Defund the BBC and Don't divide us Now) and Holly Lynch (Labour MP who started and lead the letter sent to Meghan) with host Jackie Long. They were discussing about the Oprah's interview, Piers Morgan and Society of Editors.


Another video coming from Carl Benjamin and Callum after watching the Oprah's interview. Carl Benjamin (whose grandfather immigrated from Africa to Britain) have criticised how toxic the press is and understood why Meghan felt trap. He himself had said previously that he would not join the royal family due to strict protocol. He did criticised Harry & Meghan and Oprah for dragging race to most arguments and being obsessive with race (and implying that it's an American thing). Just ignore the end part where he mentioned that Charles is not Harry's dad (James Hewitt conspiracy) and leading to Archie not getting a title.
  #505  
Old 03-11-2021, 02:12 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 12,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Ester View Post
Before one of his trips to the USA, Prince Harry said,

“Every time I get to meet kids and they have been told a real-life prince is coming, the disappointment on their faces when they see me without a crown or a cape..

So, I think the jealousy towards William was always simmering
How does that have anything to do with William

He was talking about little kids and how they picture a 'prince'. Little kids picture princes and princesses as what they seem them in fairy tales. A prince with a crown and his uniform. A princess in a ball gown and tiara. They don't expect a man who looks like his father in a suit.

Unless I missed William wearing a cape and a crown to events I can't even fathom how you have spun this comment into jealousy.
  #506  
Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 4,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Not even Louis, just George.

The 1917 Letters Patent limit it to "the eldest living son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales". That, presently, is George.

Had the Queen not issued her own LPs in 2012 before George's birth, of the Cambridge children, only George would be HRH Prince because he is the eldest son of the eldest son of the Prince of Wales. Charlotte is a daughter, Louis the second son.

If Charlotte had been born first, without the 2012 LPs, the following situation would have occurred:

Charlotte, the heir to the heir to the heir, future Queen, would have been Lady Charlotte Mountbatten-Windsor until her grandfather became King.
George, the second child of the heir to the heir, but eldest son, would have been HRH Prince George of Cambridge from birth.
Louis, the third child of the heir to the heir, would have been Lord Louis Mountbatten-Windsor.

The 2012 LPs were issued to prevent the above situation, where the heir is untitled but a younger brother is. They levelled the playing field for the Cambridge heirs - the direct line.
You're right, of course. I felt something was wrong when I typed "Louis" but didn't take the time to think about it. Mistake.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #507  
Old 03-11-2021, 03:03 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
Yes, I understand that. But he has a source of income to fund his children.
yes, but why should he? Harry is a grown man. he and his wife wnated to leave the RF TO MAKE MORE MONEY. If they do that, then they cannot expect Charles to fund them indefinitley. Harry's apparent belief that someone should pay his bills forever makes him look ridiculous....
  #508  
Old 03-11-2021, 03:23 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
So let's suppose that Charles gives in and pays for security for the whole family in California and continues to pay Harry and M= His primary concern – I daresay his ONLY concern – is himself. He doesn’t appreciate his father, except as his personal ATM; he doesn’t appreciate his family, since they don’t fawn over his every move; and he certainly doesn’t appreciate the British people, who through their taxes (on their hard-earned paychecks) paid for the security that he enjoyed until last year. The “respect” that he believes he is due is a figment of his imagination. That level of respect is earned, and he spent his last bit of currency long before doing this interview.

So to Charles, I say “Good on you!”. To Harry, “Grow up!”
Very true, I'm not a Harry fan but the level of his expectations and selfish belief that his father and the world should do anything he wants beggars belief...
I didn't think that they would attack the RF in this interview..I thought there would be some digs at the "men in grey suits" but that they would have a sense of self preservation and not attack the family.. but it seems they don't even have that much common sense or they reckon that even if things DO go wrong for them in the US, Charles/ the queen or someone will still take care of them...even if they have badmouthed them on tv.
  #509  
Old 03-11-2021, 03:31 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,469
It's interesting to hear the reports that the Queen's approached Harry for peace talks. If I were her, I'd be sorely tempted to have him clapped in the Tower of London for treason (before anyone takes that literally, it's meant sarcastically), but here are a 94-year-old woman and a sick 99-year-old man, who are probably frightened that they'll never see their grandson or great-grandson, or meet their new great-granddaughter, again. Let it never be forgotten that, after all the bitter family rifts, the Queen went to visit the Duke of Windsor when he was dying of cancer.


I hope Harry and Meghan are pleased with themselves for all the upset they've caused his grandparents. For the sake of Archie and the new baby, I hope that the family rifts can be healed, but I would think that Charles, William and Kate are very, very angry, and justifiably so.
  #510  
Old 03-11-2021, 03:49 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I believe that William and Harry were brought up believe they are superior to their aunt, uncles and other relations. And I think this was intensified by the public support and popularity.
So Harry has always assumed that the rules that apply to Andrew, Edward and Anne are not rules that he needs to worry about and when that turned out not to be the case, he threw his toys out of the cradle.
I doubt if they were "taught this". yes, they are higher in the succession, but that also applioes to Will and Harry.. ie that Will and his children are senior to harry... yet there is a feeling that a lot of the tension right now is with William becuase he IS the future King.. and with Charles because he's the future king AND he has refused to keep on bankrolling Harry...
I get a feeling that in his own way, Harry is (rather like Andrew) someone who doesn't notice other people at all.. and he doesn't understand because he has not bothered to try and understand, the situations of his uncles, aunt etc in the RF.... He only notices when it suits him.. i.e. that Edward was allowed for a time to be a part time royal and mainly concentrate on his business.. but he didn't bother to notice that this didn't work out, and that Edward had to be stopped from running a business and dedicate to full time royal work. He likeswise notices that Bea and Eugenie have jobs but that they do a bit of work for the queen.. but does not notice that they don't have security or public money and they have to look after themselves and were never intended to be working royals.
In spite of the image of "Call me Harry" and "Im just a regular guy", he really does apparently think that as a Prince, or rather as "Prince Harry, the nice guy", he is entitled to everything that he wants.. and that the queen telling him that he couldn't be a part time royal was the first time he was really told "no"....and he and Meghan went wobbly over it...
  #511  
Old 03-11-2021, 04:08 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
yes, but why should he? Harry is a grown man. he and his wife wnated to leave the RF TO MAKE MORE MONEY. If they do that, then they cannot expect Charles to fund them indefinitley. Harry's apparent belief that someone should pay his bills forever makes him look ridiculous....
Think of it this way. If Beatrice or Eugenie said in an interview that they expected their father or grandmother to fund their security indefinitely whilst also paying for their celebrity lifestyle in the US there would be outrage. Especially if they also bitched about the taxpayer not paying for their protection since they were 18 in the first place. Especially if they also attached everything about the family in the process. Or cry sexism because they didn't get titles on their wedding days.

The thought process that they could leave and do and say whatever they want, including talking politics and bashing the family and Charles should pick up the tab for them indefinitely is absurd. So he pays for the "necessities" in a highly expensive place in California where their neighbours are billionaires whilst they're free to spend the rest on living that lavish lifestyle? That's not how life works.

And UK/Canadian/US taxpayers most certainly don't want to pick up that bill.

Even parents who help out with a house or grandkids schooling aren't *expected* to do it. And those parents are usually working at least one job each.

Harry and Meghan: We want to leave because it's toxic and we hate it! We want to be free to live our truth! Also we want you to pay for everything and keep those toxic, hierarchical titles. And have one for our son. That guarantees more public interest in him and more public complaining about the way he's living his life.

In what way does that make sense?
  #512  
Old 03-11-2021, 04:24 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavs View Post
Think of it this way. If Beatrice or Eugenie said in an interview that they expected their father or grandmother to fund their security indefinitely whilst also paying for their celebrity lifestyle in the US there would be outrage. Especially if they also bitched about the taxpayer not paying for their protection since they were 18 in the first place. Especially if they also attached everything about the family in the process. Or cry sexism because they didn't get titles on their wedding days.

The thought process that they could leave and do and say whatever they want, including talking politics and bashing the family and Charles should pick up the tab for them indefinitely is absurd. So he pays for the "necessities" in a highly expensive place in California where their neighbours are billionaires whilst they're free to spend the rest on living that lavish lifestyle? That's not how life works.

And UK/Canadian/US taxpayers most certainly don't want to pick up that bill.

Even parents who help out with a house or grandkids schooling aren't *expected* to do it. And those parents are usually working at least one job each.

Harry and Meghan: We want to leave because it's toxic and we hate it! We want to be free to live our truth! Also we want you to pay for everything and keep those toxic, hierarchical titles. And have one for our son. That guarantees more public interest in him and more public complaining about the way he's living his life.

In what way does that make sense?
it doesn't. Harry clearly has a big resentment against his father.. but i wonder if this is to do with Diana or if it is simply that Charles (Foolish IMV) was soft with him as a kid growing up and never really restrained him or told him no. So now that Harry has been told a big NO from his grandmother and Charles and very likely William as well, he's in a temper.. encouraged by Meghan who is probably also telling him that the family "owe it to him" to pay his security and to give Archie a title.. (though he has one and they don't use it...) and that in the interests of equality that he should have everything that William has...
I thought that it was wrong and foolish for William to look so chily at Harry and Meghan at the serivce last year.. and I still think it was wrong, because it looked bad.. but if this is the way H' has been going on since he and Meg got married (and Im sure it has been) I can understand William losing pateince.
  #513  
Old 03-11-2021, 04:29 AM
texankitcat's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
Nobody is saying that Charles should totally fund Harry's life in the U.S. Harry and Meghan reached lucrative deals with Spotify and Netflix. But the security being taken away from Harry and his family is a sore spot. Harry said it happened suddenly and he had no idea that it was going to be taken away. A major part of the interview was Harry and Meghan talking about security. My opinion is that Charles ignores the depth of Harry's feelings about this and his feeling of being let down by his father at his own peril. He will be estranged from his son forever.
Not true that security was taken away suddenly. The security issue was discussed from the time they ran off to Canada where it was debated as to who should foot the bill for their security. The UK, Canada or Charles. It was a hot issue and by no means was it sudden. Canada didn’t want them there permanently and Harry knew what was coming.

Why is it that Harry’s and Meghan’s “feelings” are more important than everyone else’s? What about the tremendous hurt they have inflicted or the damage they have done to their own relationships? They have left a trail of absolute destruction in their wake and there appears to be no end in sight and yet everyone should feel sorry for Harry and Meghan?

The only thing Charles should buy Harry is a pair of big boy pants.
  #514  
Old 03-11-2021, 04:35 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by texankitcat View Post
Not true that security was taken away suddenly. The security issue was discussed from the time they ran off to Canada where it was debated as to who should foot the bill for their security. The UK, Canada or Charles. It was a hot issue and by no means was it sudden. Canada didn’t want them there permanently and Harry knew what was coming.

Why is it that Harry’s and Meghan’s “feelings” are more important than everyone else’s? What about the tremendous hurt they have inflicted or the damage they have done to their own relationships? They have left a trail of absolute destruction in their wake and there appears to be no end in sight and yet everyone should feel sorry for Harry and Meghan?

The only thing Charles should buy Harry is a pair of big boy pants.
It seems though that Harry was surprised by every time someone says to him "no, we're not going to pay for this or that". Perhaps he and Meg would have stayed in Canada longer if the Can govt had gone on paying but when they didn't he seems to have gotten into a fit of angry upset and dashed off to LA which is much more expensive.. and then expected his father to provide money for all his needs there....
  #515  
Old 03-11-2021, 05:17 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,690
It’s no secret Diana was closer to Harry her charming cheeky baby and felt bad because he would be the “Spare” so in that regard her coddling, protecting and indulging him far more than is healthy is pretty likely.When she was gone the family continued the pattern out of guilt... who can easily discipline or say no to a suddenly motherless 12 year old?
  #516  
Old 03-11-2021, 05:22 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
It’s no secret Diana was closer to Harry her charming cheeky baby and felt bad because he would be the “Spare” so in that regard her coddling, protecting and indulging him far more than is healthy is pretty likely.When she was gone the family continued the pattern out of guilt... who can easily discipline or say no to a suddenly motherless 12 year old?
I thinks that Harry is not very smart and perhaps because of that the family DID over indulge him.. and he got ideas that he was really something special. There certainly seems to be a lot of anger at the whole RF and particularly his father..
but I think Charles, partly because he was a busy man and partly because he did feel for H losing his mother so young was too soft with Harry in his teens and 20s and didn't come down hard on him over anything.. and it would have been better if he had had stricter guidance and didn't get to think he can do anything he liked...
  #517  
Old 03-11-2021, 06:06 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: N/A, Bulgaria
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison H View Post
It's interesting to hear the reports that the Queen's approached Harry for peace talks. If I were her, I'd be sorely tempted to have him clapped in the Tower of London for treason (before anyone takes that literally, it's meant sarcastically), but here are a 94-year-old woman and a sick 99-year-old man, who are probably frightened that they'll never see their grandson or great-grandson, or meet their new great-granddaughter, again. Let it never be forgotten that, after all the bitter family rifts, the Queen went to visit the Duke of Windsor when he was dying of cancer.


I hope Harry and Meghan are pleased with themselves for all the upset they've caused his grandparents. For the sake of Archie and the new baby, I hope that the family rifts can be healed, but I would think that Charles, William and Kate are very, very angry, and justifiably so.

Where are these reports coming from, though? If I remember correctly, there was much talk (and resentment) over the Bank of Dad funding them indefinitely, no matter how much mud they threw at the RF. Turned out Charles had closed the account. Personally, I didn't see the olive branch others insisted was so clear in the message. I just saw a classy put-down, refusing to engage with the Sussexes at their level.


Old The Queen and Prince Philip might be and they might be desperate to see their grandson but said grandson made clear that he only thought of his family as sources of things that were owed to him. At some point, coddling and indulging him comes hand to hand with showing blatant preference to him than the others who quietly do their duty without complaining. Let alone the fact that indulging him in the same manner that led to this devastating situation in the first place isn't good for him either, keeping him in his "once upon a time, in a faraway land" reality.


This far, I've seen no signs that this is the case. What I see is hardening the tone towards the Sussexes. Perhaps leaving the door open on a personal level but for a very, very distant future. Harry and Meghan managed to cast shadow on everyone right now.
  #518  
Old 03-11-2021, 06:17 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 723
I found reading the comments on these pages more entertaining than the actual interview. Thank you to all who contributed. I can't wait for this issue to be resolved if it will be, or disappear off the media pages. Now I wish Harry will grow some watchmacallits and take his family and go quietly and live the 'private' life they so long for.
  #519  
Old 03-11-2021, 06:36 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 9,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Where are these reports coming from, though? If I remember correctly, there was much talk (and resentment) over the Bank of Dad funding them indefinitely, no matter how much mud they threw at the RF. Turned out Charles had closed the account. Personally, I didn't see the olive branch others insisted was so clear in the message. I just saw a classy put-down, refusing to engage with the Sussexes at their level.


the case. What I see is hardening the tone towards the Sussexes. Perhaps leaving the door open on a personal level but for a very, very distant future. Harry and Meghan managed to cast shadow on everyone right now.
It was a limited olive branch.. ie saying "we're sorry you were unhappy... albeit we dont think that you are remembering rightly.. and we will look into legitimate concerns." And they're leaving the door open but I think it will be accompanied by a certain amount of "look we're still pretty disappointed at the way you behaved, it isn't acceptable.. and if you come back for visits etc it will be on the understanding that you keep a civil tongue and stop asking for money and sulking when you dont get it..."
  #520  
Old 03-11-2021, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moran View Post
Where are these reports coming from, though? If I remember correctly, there was much talk (and resentment) over the Bank of Dad funding them indefinitely, no matter how much mud they threw at the RF. Turned out Charles had closed the account. Personally, I didn't see the olive branch others insisted was so clear in the message. I just saw a classy put-down, refusing to engage with the Sussexes at their level.
There are press reports about it - as with most things in the press, they may be accurate or they may just be rumours.

Prince William has just spoken to Sky News:

"We are very much not a racist family," he said after a question from Sky News.

And when asked if he had spoken to his brother yet, the Duke of Cambridge replied: "I haven't spoken to him yet but I plan to."
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021 Jacknch The Electronic Domain 1196 03-09-2021 01:48 PM




Popular Tags
american archie mountbatten-windsor asia baby names birth britain britannia british british royal family british royals buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese clarence house colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs daisy doge of venice dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii gemstones george vi gustaf vi adolf hello! henry viii highgrove history hypothetical monarchs jack brooksbank japan jewellery kensington palace king edward vii książ castle lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchy mongolia mountbatten names nara period plantinum jubilee pless politics portugal prince harry princess eugenie queen consort royalty of taiwan solomon j solomon spanish royal family st edward sussex swedish queen thai royal family united states wales


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:53 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×