The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin9 View Post
That’ll just lead to mud slinging and drag this horror out. These were private issues. They should have stayed that way.

This response was very good. I imagine it took some time to craft it. It was well thought out IMO.
If one of the members of the BRF is racist then the world needs to know.
What bothers me as much as the accusations is the emphasis on how everything looks. What about real?
I’ve had certain life experiences- that I don’t want to talk about- but it is best to be real- and not sweep dirt under the rug.
Real people- real flawed people are the most beautiful.
All this let’s make everything look good leads to heartbreak.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Scot View Post
There are two parts to the security issue:

Who is going to pay for it? He said that he got told on short notice that security was going to be removed. (He had not signed the lucrative contracts with Spotify and Netflix at that point). I think this is where Harry feels let down by his father. Charles would know that Harry and his family still needed security. But he says his father cut off the money.
I would be more sympathetic if Harry didn't have millions of dollars on his own. Charles doesn't owe Harry and Meghan a particular lifestyle. It's not like Harry was a teenager who was kicked out without a penny. Harry chose to leave the UK where his security was covered without a plan in place. That is on him and Meghan.

Old 03-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
In a basic questioning, during crime investigations for exemple, when two witnesses are contradictory regarding the same event , it never sounds good.
Just sayin'
If anything, it points at Harry and/or Meghan taking a rather innocent remark and running away with it to use it as a proof of racism.

My recollections have often differed from the recollection of others because time will do it to people's memory. However, regarding matters that have really upset, shocked, or changed both my life and the life of another person, we always get the basics straight - time, people present, the most important part of what really happened/was said. A difference of a few years? We've never had this.

I believe this might be the case here as well. It wasn't said in malice and it wasn't taken this way at the time but when one needed ammo for proving what victims they were, it came handy.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
It is not as simple as that.

"A source close to them shared today how the fact Archie didn’t have his own security was felt when the family was on their tour of South Africa in 2019. The source claimed that when Harry was traveling to other parts of Africa, Meghan would have to choose to leave one of her protection officers with her son and have fewer for herself or leave Archie without protection."

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/so...family-impact/
Can we really believe it? Leaving Archie without protection in Africa seems reckless to say at least. I don't trust the story, because I don't think it was up to Meghan to decide to leave one of the protection officers with Archie when he/she should have been with her.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
What bothers me as much as the accusations is the emphasis on how everything looks. What about real?
I’ve had certain life experiences- that I don’t want to talk about- but it is best to be real- and not sweep dirt under the rug.
I respect your life experiences but I am not sure that it is fair to conclude that someone is racist because of one comment, made in private, and reported without context. Obviously, you don't think of Harry as racist despite his past comments. Any revelations that a particular person made that comment will be used as a cudgel to attack that person, while Harry sits back making his millions.

I've made thoughtless statements without understanding how they sound to someone else - and I regret it. I think it would be unfair for someone to dredge up that isolated statement, years later, and subject someone to revulsion and abuse.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Royal Highness

Not sure whether this or the Commonwealth thread is the right place:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...n-commonwealth

This is an example of the damage that has been caused by the reckless smearing of the RF by Harry Windsor.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:

1) Do they need it
2) Who is going to pay for it

Do they need it? Harry said that he asked if the risk level had changed, and he was told "No". Believe him or not ...As a celebrity, he needs security.

Who is going to pay for it? He said that he got told on short notice that security was going to be removed. (He had not signed the lucrative contracts with Spotify and Netflix at that point). I think this is where Harry feels let down by his father. Charles would know that Harry and his family still needed security. But he says his father cut off the money.
Security was one of the issues being discussed between their respective offices when Harry and Meghan announced their plan to be part-time royals as a done deal when they knew it wasn't. At that point, Charles or the Queen or whomever told them they needed to choose: in or out. They chose out - no responsibilities, and no perks like security. Harry conveniently left that out, and most Americans probably aren't aware of it.

I think there's a very good chance Charles would have continued to pay for security out of his own funds had they not publicly tried to force his hand like that, and not run up grossly excessive security costs by pursuing an unreasonably public and expensive lifestyle, which was the opposite of what they claimed to want in the first place. They could still have lived at Frogmore, where security would have been almost a non-issue, but they chose not to do that. They could have lived somewhere cheaper and less of a media circus than LA, and they chose not to do that, either. Charles knows how much money they have, and seems to have decided that if they'd rather spend it on a Hollywood mansion than on security for themselves and their child, that was their prerogative. I just don't understand why some seem to think he owes it to them to foot the bill for their desired lifestyle when they've got more than enough to live comfortably without his help.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But we don't know. And we won't unless Harry Windsor tells us.

It doesn't really matter any more because whatever's said the RF's reputation has been besmirched. The fallout in Britain for the family is deeply unfair.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
Can we really believe it? Leaving Archie without protection in Africa seems reckless to say at least. I don't trust the story, because I don't think it was up to Meghan to decide to leave one of the protection officers with Archie when he/she should have been with her.
The way it works with royal protection is that the person being protected listens to the protection officers rather than deciding what happens regarding protection. Meghan would have had no influence in her protection detail nor Archie's when on tour. She wouldn't be consulted on the decisions made at all. RPOs are not answerable to the orders of their clients. They have their own set of rules and protocols and restrictions that are formulated by their supervisors at the Metropolitan Police Protection Command.
Old 03-10-2021, 12:56 PM
Courtier

I recall there being quite a row during the Africa tour because cars were imported for the couple's use. Stories were implying that the couple must have had the cars imported. There was a rebuttal put forward because the decision to import the cars had been taken by those in charge of security because none were available that met the security standards.

Are we to believe that security was such an important issue that cars were imported to protect the couple, but baby Archie was left unprotected?
Old 03-10-2021, 12:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalNight View Post
I doubt that they would leave Archie without protection, but he may not have had a RPO specifically assigned when Harry and Meghan were out. He would have stayed in the safe environment. No one would want someone sneaking in while everyone was gone, so anyplace they were staying would have been heavily guarded around the clock, even while Harry and Meghan were out.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durham View Post
But we don't know. And we won't unless Harry Windsor tells us.

It doesn't really matter any more because whatever's said the RF's reputation has been besmirched. The fallout in Britain for the family is deeply unfair.
How is it unfair? If the truth is ugly, expect the reaction to be respectful but not good.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:

1) Do they need it
2) Who is going to pay for it

Do they need it? Harry said that he asked if the risk level had changed, and he was told "No". Believe him or not ...As a celebrity, he needs security.

His father cut off the money as they wanted Financial Freedom (their words) so having an allowance from Daddy certainly is not financial freedom. And why would Charles pay for security for them. It is actually the British government that pays for the families RPO's and yes Charles could have paid privately, but again why? It is almost like having your children move out of the family home and you paying the bills for them for the rest of their lives. Real life does not work that way.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:07 PM
Heir Apparent

[...]

In an ideal world the BRF would not be racist. But if they are, they need to admit so publicly- and face consequences. They need to be real about it.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I’m not accusing anyone in particular of racism. But what was said by whoever was racist.
So, asking, what colour Archie's skin might have is already racist? And not curiosity?

C'mon! If something was fishy, then the utter silence about Meghan's roots: Because of fear about saying something wrong, everybody pretended to be color blind...
Old 03-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
So, asking, what colour Archie's skin might have is already racist? And not curiosity?

C'mon! If something was fishy, then the utter silence about Meghan's roots: Because of fear about saying something wrong, everybody pretended to be color blind...
Yes it was.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
[...]
In an ideal world the BRF would not be racist. But if they are, they need to admit so publicly- and face consequences. They need to be real about it.
I think a lot of people would beg to differ. I assume you made that determination based on the context, but you have condemned the alleged remark without having any context - or even the exact words. I think that is very unfair of you.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
How is it unfair? If the truth is ugly, expect the reaction to be respectful but not good.
Unfair because we don't know who said what. And now the entire family is under suspicion.

How is that not unfair?

The entire family.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/...ideo-pakistani

I understand that you expect more from the royal family but they are human. The problem is that many people are concluding that only a racist could make a comment like that, which I don't think is true. Everyone occasionally says something thoughtless without realizing it.
I, also, am guilty of making remarks that were insensitive and ended up hurting a dear friend. It wasn't intentional and actually did not pertain to the person directly but could have been applied to that person. I've regretted it ever since even though my friend laughed it off and knew I meant no harm.

Humans make mistakes and often speak before thinking through what they're going to say. To me, that remark about the possibility of the child's skin being darker *may* have had racial undertones to it but it could also have been the same as wondering if a child will have brown eyes or blue or dark brown hair or blonde? There was no evidence presented that the remark was made as a racial slur. The context of the statement was missing. It was *perceived* to be racial which doesn't necessarily make it so. We'd have to know what the person making the statement was thinking and we obviously don't.
Old 03-10-2021, 01:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary mary View Post
I really appreciate your comments and agree with basically everything you said... my only potential point of disagreement being what any of us would have done if suicidal in Meghan's position, only because I do believe when you're that depressed you don't necessarily think logically so it's hard to say.
Does anybody know what the HR said as a follow up to I cannot help you?. Did Oprah ask that question?
Did they offer advice / suggestion or just sorry cannot help.
Do we know?

Closed Thread