The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speak for yourself. I predict that the ratings will be huge.

The British press has been eating them alive anyway so nothing has changed. I think this interview will opened up alot of people's eyes on how the British press operates
If this British press eats them alive, they earned it IMO.

Americans-at the end of the day- don’t seriously care about either one of them. It will probably play better here though- I agree. And Americans are their intended audience. THIS American sure won’t support any of their endeavors though.

Have to say I'v felt for ages that Jonny Dymond the BBC reporter is overly fawning of H&M

Some of my biggest takeaways..

3. They’re really bitter that The Queen did not make Archie an HRH

According to the rules Archie will automatically become a Prince when his grandfather becomes King. No one has denied their children the title of Prince/Princess, it is simply that only the direct male heir gets it. Grandchildren of a sovereign get the title, Archie is not the grandchild of a sovereign . . . yet

No he said something along the lines that he will continue to try to work on reconciling with him

Thanks for the update. It sounds like Harry made a good start toward healing their relationship with this interview :unsure:

Was there anything on Harry and Meghan's charitable goals or was this just whining about the royal family.

Wait, what?! CBS/Oprah have more of this sh*t show train wreck that they didn't air tonight?
Yes. There will be some additional clips and commentary with Gayle King tomorrow, because they had "so much material" they weren't able to fit everything in today.

According to the rules Archie will automatically become a Prince when his grandfather becomes King. No one has denied their children the title of Prince/Princess, it is simply that only the direct male heir gets it. Grandchildren of a sovereign get the title, Archie is not the grandchild of a sovereign . . . yet

And they lied on this 100 % but see Harry should know this but he wasn't there during this conversation.

Have to say I'v felt for ages that Jonny Dymond the BBC reporter is overly fawning of H&M

Judging by the analysis on the BBC live reporting, I have to agree with you tommy100.

I was very impressed by her open and honest questions.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised she is Oprah after all!
Well, the winner is Oprah! What a big scoop for her. It will be in her bio from now on.

1. Security is costing them an arm and a leg and they’re really bitter that they have to pay for it.

2. It seems ALL the money from the trust Diana left them is gone— it only tied them over until the Netflix and Spotify deals came through...

3. They’re really bitter that The Queen did not make Archie an HRH

They walked out. They don’t deserve paid for security. How entitled of them. Not surprised that they’re still bitter. They were upset about this a year ago. Time clearly hasn’t done much for these two.

Apparently they’re both bad with money. That’s my takeaway.

For a couple that’s been trashing the family and institution for millions of viewers, I think it’s hilarious that they wanted Archie to be HRH. And are so upset about it. But they did go on and on about titles on the website, as I recall. So not surprised they’re upset about Archie.

Again-these 2 say they respect HM. But every other word out of their mouth says otherwise.

Wow, just wow. They told the truth they experienced and that takes courage.

There are just so many takeaways. Some things don't surprise, but other things do. I also think that in order to protect Harry's family, they aren't telling us everything. That's sad about Charles, but he had his own demons to face, and there is a sense that Harry is right in characterizing the monarchical system as one of being entrapped. There's really no doubt that's the case, throughout the ages. It's a system that really needs to change.

Meghan and Harry did not want to leave. They had to leave to protect their marriage, their happiness and their children's futures. I think there have been stories trying to say they wanted too much, when actually it's just their charisma and connection with people that brought attention to them, and obviously it wasn't expected by the institution that so much attention would be given to M&H in the media. I definitely saw the knives come out in the media after the South Pacific tour, just as Harry mentioned that things really began to change during that time, which is the same time that their first pregnancy was announced.

Harry admits in answer to Oprah's query, that meeting Meghan in a sense saved him. And Meghan gives Harry credit for saving their union, their lives and their happiness together.

Wouldn't Harry know this already or at least it was explained to him. I mean if the average royalty forum person knows this shouldn't he?

I haven't seen the interview, only the commentary here and the bbc, I really feel for the royal family.

The biggest 3 lies to me:

I didn't Research the Royal Family

The suicide Claims

The Royal Title Part

Who the heck doesn’t Google when you are meeting someone new —. Especially famous people. That’s such hogwash. Harry should have explained the Royal succession acts/the patents established by George V. Sloppy work’

Thanks for the update. It sounds like Harry made a good start toward healing their relationship with this interview :unsure:

Was there anything on Harry and Meghan's charitable goals or was this just whining about the royal family.
Just that they were not thinking about deal with Netflix or Spotify (I'm calling bulls... on that one), but agreed because they needed money, that they did not have a plan, but want to continue their charitable work through Archewell. I might have missed some things.

Wait, what?! CBS/Oprah have more of this sh*t show train wreck that they didn't air tonight?

Milking it...the never ending story of two desperate people trying to be very important..

It's not an even comparison as Zarah was never a titled senior working member of the royal family.
Just curious, Do Zara and Mike pay for their family's security --Zara did not have a title?

Nonetheless, some of Meghan's accusations were very serious, especially that she was literally under house arrest, suffering from suicidal thoughts and was denied any help because she was not a "paid member of the Family" ?

Furthermore, the parts about the race issue were really damaging.

Just that they were not thinking about deal with Netflix or Spotify (I'm calling bulls... on that one), but agreed because they needed money, that they did not have a plan, but want to continue their charitable work through Archewell. I might have missed some things.

I understood Harry implied he made the deal with Netflix and Spotify only because "he needed the money to pay for security".

Last edited:

2. It seems ALL the money from the trust Diana left them is gone— it only tied them over until the Netflix and Spotify deals came through...

So basically Harry's broke.

It's not an even comparison as Zarah was never a titled senior working member of the royal family.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, full-time working royals, have royal, officially paid protection just while performing their official duties. Full-time, working royals, living in England. Son of the current monarch and his wife.

They didn't spend the whole interview whining about the royal family. That is a complete misperception. They spoke about how for example everyone in the family was initially very welcoming. They spoke about how the Queen has been very warm and kind- and it was done in a superficial way. Meghan gave an example to illustrate the Queen's kindness so I believe.

They did speak about Archewell Foundation and their hopes for it.

Wow, just wow. They told the truth they experienced and that takes courage.

There are just so many takeaways. Some things don't surprise, but other things do. I also think that in order to protect Harry's family, they aren't telling us everything. That's sad about Charles, but he had his own demons to face, and there is a sense that Harry is right in characterizing the monarchical system as one of being entrapped. There's really no doubt that's the case, throughout the ages. It's a system that really needs to change.

Meghan and Harry did not want to leave. They had to leave to protect their marriage, their happiness and their children's futures. I think there have been stories trying to say they wanted too much, when actually it's just their charisma and connection with people that brought attention to them, and obviously it wasn't expected by the institution that so much attention would be given to M&H in the media. I definitely saw the knives come out in the media after the South Pacific tour, just as Harry mentioned that things really began to change during that time, which is the same time that their first pregnancy was announced.

Harry admits in answer to Oprah's query, that meeting Meghan in a sense saved him. And Meghan gives Harry credit for saving their union, their lives and their happiness together.

I don't fault them for leaving - they were obviously unhappy. I don't understand why they needed to publicize their "truth." They have these huge deals, they have a beautiful child and another on the way. They can do what they want but why trash their family. What positive outcome can come from this interview. They will generate negative headlines for the royal family for a while but what do they gain from that?

The Royal family has to respond. This is quite enough backlash, it's sad.

I know this. What is the point?
The Earl and Countess of Wessex, full-time working royals, have royal, officially paid protection just while performing their official duties. Full-time, working royals, living in England. Son of the current monarch and his wife.

Love how Harry assumes his brother and dad are trapped. Maybe they actually are happy? But nope goes right out to speak for them because of his narrative.

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

I wouldn’t either. Harry doesn’t seem to have grasped the seriousness of what he’s done.

All I see is a horrific betrayal of his family and the institution they’ve devoted their lives to.

The Royal family has to respond. This is quite enough backlash, it's sad.

But let's be honest, backlash from who? Americans? It will be interesting to see how it plays tomorrow in Britain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom