The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They think this makes them look better and it does to Americans.

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?

I'm curious which Americans they think this will make them look better to... The vast majority of Americans don't give a rat's behind about royalty, not even the BRF. The ones that do... They're going to be giving this interview all the side-eye it deserves and picking it apart. Do they think this is going to appeal to the woke crowd? Again, most of those people don't care about royalty and this will only matter in a social-justice sort of way and even then... I just can't see this playing well, in the long term, for them, no matter how much $$ Hollywood is throwing at them right now.

They think this makes them look better and it does to Americans.

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?

I'm an American and it doesn't make them look any better to me. I'm appalled. I actually think they look like spoiled brats.

So, if Harry is sorry for his father and his brother because they are trapped and can't leave, is he implying that the monarchy should be abolished? So that his family could finally be free? Is this a new version of "Let my People go" ?

Wonder how many Pinocchio’s they’ll get

Hey, now, that would require our MSM and social media giants to be honest in their fact-checking. Some of the stuff Meghan's lobbed out there isn't going to be fact-checked.

Harry's tone when he talks about the events that have happened, I am excited for those of you who have not yet seen it to experience it.

"They CUT ME OFF financially!"

"Took my security!"

If a flying purple people eater walked onto the set, he could not be more taken aback. This man has never been exposed to the idea that you lose the benefits when you quit the job.

Also, Harry has just been asked about the conversation re: Archie's skin tone and given it a VERY different context. First, it seems it like he was NOT at all on board with it being shared. Second, she framed this as a conversation that took place when she was expecting... as if she was pregnant and her pregnancy triggered a conversation about revoking titles and skin color. He just made it clear that this took place in the early stages of their dating relationship.*

*Not that such a deplorable comment is to be tolerated in any context, but it raises questions why a person would want to frame a conversation a certain way when it... did not happen that way.

The American's will buy it because again their support stems from AA women who love that a "Black woman" married a Prince. Also American's are naïve on the Royal Family.

So what happens when this is over? Will they go into hiding forever?

His poor, poor grandparents. And while his grandfather is ill too. They gave their whole lives to service and he just threw them under the bus. I wonder if he understands what he's doing and that he's completely cutting himself off from his family with this interview? He's not even going to get Uncle David level of access. I actually feel really bad for him.

I feel horrible for his grandparents. Especially since he just used them to generate good press for himself- the story about the zoom calls and the Christmas presents. And then to do this. What a betrayal. I seriously can’t imagine Philip’s response- especially with him being ill.

I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for him. How could he do this? I mean - what is wrong with him?!

Some of my biggest takeaways..

1. Security is costing them an arm and a leg and they’re really bitter that they have to pay for it.

2. It seems ALL the money from the trust Diana left them is gone— it only tied them over until the Netflix and Spotify deals came through...

3. They’re really bitter that The Queen did not make Archie an HRH

I find it very strange as well. When Meghan was talking about loneliness and lack of freedom in the royal family (as Senior working royals), she compared it to coronavirus lockdown! :ohmy:

I put the whole segment here from the BBC live reporting, in case I misinterpreted, but that's very ludicrous.

Oprah compared it to the coronavirus lockdown. It was not Meghan's first thought, nor her comparison.

Something must have happened with Charles. He said he will try to heal that relationship.

This was a great way to start that process. Throw the entire family and family business under the bus. Charles must be so proud.

Interesting. With respect to finances, didn't Charles pay his bills and Harry lost financing that is giving to working royals. Is Harry complaining because Charles stopped paying his bills after the deal with Netflix?

So, if Harry is sorry for his father and his brother because they are trapped and can't leave, is he implying that the monarchy should be abolished? So that his family could finally be free? Is this a new version of "Let my People go" ?

These comments of Harry's bother me the most. IMO they make a mockery of the monarchy and service the Queen and other members of the RF have dedicated their lives to. The RF doesn't do this because they truly WANT to, they are TRAPPED.

Well, the winner is Oprah! What a big scoop for her. It will be in her bio from now on.

Harry's tone when he talks about the events that have happened, I am excited for those of you who have not yet seen it to experience it.

"They CUT ME OFF financially!"

"Took my security!"

If a flying purple people eater walked onto the set, he could not be more taken aback. This man has never been exposed to the idea that you lose the benefits when you quit the job.

Also, Harry has just been asked about the conversation re: Archie's skin tone and given it a VERY different context. First, it seems it like he was NOT at all on board with it being shared. Second, she framed this as a conversation that took place when she was expecting... as if she was pregnant and her pregnancy triggered a conversation about revoking titles and skin color. He just made it clear that this took place in the early stages of their dating relationship.*

*Not that such a deplorable comment is to be tolerated in any context, but it raises questions why a person would want to frame a conversation a certain way when it... did not happen that way.
He didn't have to look far away - what about Beatrice and Eugenie, with whom he's supposedly so close? They also lost their security (they still have it, it's just privately paid). So it's not really like this is the first time that happened. He was just so sure it will not happen to HIM.

And yeah, he basically confirmed that Meghan was lying and trying to make the situation looked even worse (though it was bad by itself, let's be clear about that).

I think they def. wanted Archie to be a Prince right away.

Meghan's biggest regret was believing them that they would protect her.

If he is moaning they stopped paying for their official costs i.e. their staff in UK then I don't see the issue. I did always believe Charles would fund them privately through an allowance etc for personal items but if he withdrew this after the Netflix & Spotify deals then tbf that is his right.
H&M talked about "financial independence"in their very first "we are off..." statement in January

I feel horrible for his grandparents. Especially since he just used them to generate good press for himself- the story about the zoom calls and the Christmas presents. And then to do this. What a betrayal. I seriously can’t imagine Philip’s response- especially with him being ill.

I can’t bring myself to feel sorry for him. How could he do this? I mean - what is wrong with him?!

I so hope they can somehow shield Philip from most of this because getting upset when you've had a heart procedure isn't good.

I just want to cry for the Queen and Prince Philip. I feel horribly for Charles and William too because I've no doubt they love Harry and to just see him say such horrible things on tv I can't even fathom what that must be like.

The American's will buy it because again their support stems from AA women who love that a "Black woman" married a Prince. Also American's are naïve on the Royal Family.

Americans will:

1. Definitely buy the race card (Archie's skin tone talk, the Family never standing up against racial slurs from the British media, etc.).

2. Definitely sympathize with the line from Meghan, as quoted by the BBC, that she was stripped of her identity - her keys, driver's license, passport were "turned over" when she joined the Royal Family,

Just curious, Do Zara and Mike pay for their family's security --Zara did not have a title?

This was a great way to start that process. Throw the entire family and family business under the bus. Charles must be so proud.
In Harry's own words, time will heal everything ?

And there will be more tomorrow. Here I was thinking they already did enough damage.

I'm an American and it doesn't make them look any better to me. I'm appalled. I actually think they look like spoiled brats.

As an American- I totally agree. I think they both look terrible. Who does something like this?

And most Americans seriously don’t care about these two.

Social media is not a good barometer for what most Americans really think. Most don’t care. I have social media accounts, and no one I know is commenting. Neither am I. This thread will be the extent of my response to this horror show.

I’m honestly not taking one single word they’re saying at face value. There may be truths in there....but I don’t consider these two to be a good source of anything.

And there will be more tomorrow. Here I was thinking they already did enough damage.

Wait, what?! CBS/Oprah have more of this sh*t show train wreck that they didn't air tonight?

The BBC correspondent's final veredict:

This is about as bad it might have been for the Royal family, barring direct criticism of the Queen; Harry portrays his family as cold and unsympathetic, unable to relate emotionally, obsessed with who is going to pay for what.
It’s clear that relationships were and in some cases, still are, dreadful.

A shame. Harry has confirmed what was obvious to many for quite some time- his relationship with his father and brother is strained to the point of being non-existent. It seemed to cause him physical pain to discuss these relationships and he ducked the question about his brother twice before answering it on the third attempt.

Another thing that I didn't see mentioned: he bizarrely implied that his mother left him money because she "foresaw" the situation that unfolded.

The biggest 3 lies to me:

I didn't Research the Royal Family

The suicide Claims

The Royal Title Part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom