The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn’t going to watch but now am after seeing the BBC report. I was wrong. There are a lot of “bombshells” in this interview. I’m think Oprah is doing well letting them answer and following up, Oprah is not well versed in royalty but that’s to be expected.

But, this interview is all about the past, and we have half hour left with commercials. I think this is a big mistake.

It’s all about their problems, some clearly serious, but the audience is facing COVID, Brexit, etc. and this May get them less sympathy than they hope.

Wait, am I dreaming or Harry thinks that his family turned on Meghan, because they thought she was going to be as loved and successful as Diana was?

I had to pick my jaw off the floor on that one. These two are something else.

I think Kate should have just issued a statement denying the rumor. Quashed it. Over and done with. I don't understand why this did not happen.

Because the royal family doesn’t work like that.

Harry claims William and Charles are trapped. Said he felt trapped, what?

Haven’t changed my opinion since ‘the husband shirt’...Harry is the steppingstone, hooray for Hollywood...

I hope they lose their titles. I’d say they are toast but I have too much respect for bread

No they should never complain, never explain.

If only Harry and Meghan stops throwing mud at the royal family :whistling:

Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie gets terrible coverage from the press and tabloid, yet the palace did nothing. The two York Princesses never trash talked the royal family, remain close to the Queen, whilst working as private citizens.

And at this point, the Palace does not need to respond, given that most British people are on The Queen's side, when it comes to the Oprah's interview. They are more concern about Prince Philip's health than what Harry & Meghan have said

Last edited:
I get the impression that Oprah likes Meghan, but doesn't really like/see much in Harry...

He said he was trapped but he didn't know he was trapped. I can only wonder how that statement must hurt his grandmother who dedicated her life to the monarchy.

I have the sneaking suspicion Harry and Meghan have just made themselves into the new Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The cautionary tale that gets told to young royals for generations of how to behave and why we don't air our dirty laundry in public.

I just think: if Diana were alive, which side would she be in this story? it's interesting, but we'll never know.

Harry is saying all of his family is trapped in that life and he feels compassion for William. Is he implying the entire family is unhappy?

Last edited:
The interview was better before Harry came out but at least they will ask him about the Archie's skin tone comment. Can't wait!

Quick Note: Harry says Princess Diana would be angry about how this has panned out. But all she ever wanted was for her sons to be happy.

Harry heavily implying every way but saying it that the rest of the family equates to Charles and he and Meghan are his mother (surprise)... meaning the rest of the family were jealous of the huge popularity Meghan found and the ease with which she connected to people.

Harry announcing the rest of his family, particularly his father and brother, are "trapped."

Odd way to show his respect for the Queen.

Meghan not able to say a neutral thing and a fair criticism- there was no training for me on "how to be a Royal"- without taking an obvious swing at Catherine- a nice sarcastic "that might exist for other members of the family."

Harry was not a king who abdicated he never had a chance to be King. Plus the Duke and Duchess of Windsor had no children. Harry and Meghan have a son and a daughter on the way. Totally different lifestyle.

Regarding "training," Diana who grew up in proximity of the royals and went to birthday parties for Edward and Andrew when all were children, also said she never had preparation on what to do when she married in! Even though she moved into BP in the run up to the wedding.

Last edited:
“Meghan reveals she and Prince Harry were married in a simple ceremony three days before their lavish wedding, which was "for the world"

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if she ever read the real fairy tale because that does NOT have a happy ending. The little mermaid actually doesn't get the prince and turns to seafoam.

Hah. No, this is Hollywood Meghan. She saw the Disney version and that was all the research she needed to do. ?

Last edited:
Harry claims William and Charles are trapped. Said he felt trapped, what?

That is not going to go down well.

And Harry said he respects his grandmother?! Really. I can’t tell from this interview.

He said he was trapped but he didn't know he was trapped. I can only wonder how that statement must hurt his grandmother who dedicated her life to the monarchy.

His poor, poor grandparents. And while his grandfather is ill too. They gave their whole lives to service and he just threw them under the bus. I wonder if he understands what he's doing and that he's completely cutting himself off from his family with this interview? He's not even going to get Uncle David level of access. I actually feel really bad for him.

They think this makes them look better and it does to Americans.

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?

I have the sneaking suspicion Harry and Meghan have just made themselves into the new Duke and Duchess of Windsor. The cautionary tale that gets told to young royals for generations of how to behave and why we don't air our dirty laundry in public.

Yep.

I’m sitting here thinking that Meghan is starting to make Wallis look pretty good.

I've changed my mind - this is such a lie of lies and half truths the Palace shouldn't comment. It stands for itself as appearing untrue so leave it be and move on. The media will soon pick up the lie about why Archie doesn't have a title.

I get the impression that Oprah likes Meghan, but doesn't really like/see much in Harry...

Well, I've said all along that Meghan is the smarter of the pair, and it sounds like Oprah agrees...:whistling:

I am afraid the British press is going to eat them alive. I can't imagine what Harry was thinking by agreeing to this?
To be completely honest, if one looks on Twitter or Tumblr, there is a huge wave of support for them. The British side of things is... calmer.

Wonder how many Pinocchio’s they’ll get

Something must have happened with Charles. He said he will try to heal that relationship.

If this British press eats them alive, they earned it IMO.

Americans-at the end of the day- don’t seriously care about either one of them. It will probably play better here though- I agree. And Americans are their intended audience. THIS American sure won’t support any of their endeavors though.

Yeah I think Charles said the comment because it seemed Harry looked pretty sad when he started talking about him.

But it is not the Queen. He seemingly has a great respect for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom