The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s called Class and being above getting down on her level. It seems clear now she would love for them to respond so she can keep on twisting words, playing the victim and insinuating meanings.

I don't think there's any chance of Harry and William repairing their relationship, at all following this. Ever.

Yeah, I think it's over following this. I mean Charles might invite Harry to things because he's his dad but once William's king Harry's out for good.

The Queen and Charles can make decisions about titles and style though- such as Archie simply being styled as Archie M-W and not the conventional way the son of a Duke is styled.
It is not up to Charles or to H&M to decide if Archie should get a title now. Only the Queen can give out or take away princely titles and the current rules about titles are very clear in the LPs of 1917 and 2012.

To imply that had anything to do with Archie's race is preposterous.

I'm not going to start watching it in the middle - but thanks to all who are updating this thread:
1. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution would protect Meghan from any criminal charges for defamation.
2. I do not believe they refused to let her see a psychiatrist. It wasn't just Diana and Harry, I believe Charles also sought counseling for depression. Moreover, i think Charles famously arranged for Diana to go when she wanted ready. I don't know if Catherine actually went to counseling but I know she has discussed post-partum depression.
3. Others have addressed the title issue.
4. With respect to the bridesmaid dress story - it does seem to make a bit more sense that perhaps Catherine said something that Meghan took offense to. It's kind of hard to see how Meghan could have offended Catherine, unless Meghan criticized Charlotte. The royals don't respond to these types of stories and if Meghan's version is true, I can understand why she was upset.

I don't think there's any chance of Harry and William repairing their relationship, at all following this. Ever.

I would think Meghan talking about Kate at all would be enough for William to hit the ceiling. But then you factor in everything else she said.....

And I don’t even want to think about Philip’s reaction.

Harry talking about history repeating itself, okay and what does this interview do? Calling your own family racist?

I don't think the palace should respond. They would only be giving more prominence to Harry and Meghan. It is best for BRF to ignore this interview.

Well he got his scaled down monarchy.

It's sad it happened this way. And I really think there's to many engagements for Charles, Camilla, William and Kate to handle so that means someone else is going to have to step up until George and Charlotte come of age. My guess is Edward and Sophie but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Harry looks nervous and drawn and sounds bitter.

Talking about security and it is not a good look, using air quotes. Coming across as very entitled, talking as if he was entitled to security even though he wasn't "officially a senior member" of the Royal Family. You can almost hear him stomping his feet in those conversations a year ago.

Meghan now back to talking about the many imaginary HRH Prince and Princesses who live in this arrangement that the two proposed originally.

I think they will have to refute some bits - the title especially- which is seems Meghan is lying out (mistaken if we want to be kind).

I am not sure how they could do this directly because correcting the record on this would only get people speculating that the rest is true. I think they will have to use "royal experts" to get the word out.

The fact she made the comment "It would be damaging to them" like that isn't a damaging comment. :ermm:

In a way, it's even more damaging, because now every single family member can be accused of having said it. I don't know if anyone said it but if somebody did, she should have said who.

"I would never blindside my Grandmother, I have too much respect for her"

LOL Okay. :lol:

But yeah that means Charles or William made the comment. They do seem to love the Queen.

It really does sound like they wanted to be equal to William and Kate and were bitter when it didn't work out that way.

Archie would not be entitled to security with a title either. Beatrice and Eugenie are Princesses and don't have security. Archie, as the first child of the "spare" is actually in the same position as Beatrice. It's disgusting of her to imply that he would not get security because of his skin colour and that he is being treated differently than the rest of the family. Meghan certainly knows that Beatrice and Eugenie do not have security.

You make a good point about Beatrice & Eugene and I wish Oprah had brought it up in the interview.

But Meghan didn't imply Archie's lack of security or title was because of his skin color. She said Archie would not have a title until Charles becomes King (a reference to George V's LP) but she was told that without the title there would be no security for him.

She was very concerned about the lack of security (rightly or wrongly), given the interest in the Sussexes (some of it negative), but not the title itself.

^^Well rock on then H&M because if Charles isn't taking your calls no one else in the family will be, he was your last hope.

It's sad it happened this way. And I really think there's to many engagements for Charles, Camilla, William and Kate to handle so that means someone else is going to have to step up until George and Charlotte come of age. My guess is Edward and Sophie but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I know and that's not forget The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are not getting younger either.

Prince Michael of Kent is not a working royal, but do represent The Queen in some public occasions, but even he is getting older.

Wait, so they basically wanted to be somehow like Princess Eugenie or Princess Beatrice, keeping their HRH, instead of having normal jobs being celebrities with a podcast, production company and their own foundation AND keep full security for them and their children, in another country.

Yeah, I can see how British people would accept that deal.

I'm not going to start watching it in the middle - but thanks to all who are updating this thread:
1. The First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution would protect Meghan from any criminal charges for defamation.

The First Amendment doesn't protect against defamation claims if what you said is patently false and was said with malicious intent. The burden of proof will be on the accuser though in the US, not on the defendant.

On the other hand, as a matter of jurisdiction, given that the interview was given in the US, I don't know if she could be sued in the UK too.

I think there'll be a day that Harry will regret this interview. I can't see those two lasting and I think his relationship with his family is over. This is so sad, especially for his kids.

Charles told his biographer he was unhappy with his upbringing and was not exactly praising of his parents especially his father. HE got criticized by his siblings for this. Apparently all is well now, but Charles is on record doing this.

I know and that's not forget The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester, The Duke and Duchess of Kent and Princess Alexandra are not getting younger either.

Prince Michael of Kent is not a working royal, but do represent The Queen in some public occasions, but even he is getting older.

Can Beatrice or Eugenie occupy that place? or even the Counts of Wessex and Princess Anne ...

Quite a whine-fest.

Did anyone else think Meghan's face looked strangely immobile?
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree. It's damaged forever. And it's sad he let a woman come between he/his family.

I don't care what anyone says: They should act to remove their titles and remove Harry from the line of succession.

Yes. Absolutely. And the things I'm reading are a shame. I Can't believe Harry is doing this to his family.

CBS is really stretching this out, more commercials than the actual interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom