The Duke & Duchess of Sussex with Oprah II - Interview, March 7th-9th 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is claiming they said Archie would not have security.

She claims that they were told Archie would not be given a title and would not be given security and it was never their decision.

She now claims that there were conversations with Harry and his family about Archie’s skin color and how concerning that would be. She is insinuating that Archie was denied a title due to his mixed race? Wow! This is unbelievable!

Archie will get a title when Charles becomes King - as the rules around titles dictate so what she means is they didn't bend the rules for them

Meghan now claiming that "they" "did not want" her child to be a "prince/ princess" and that "they" would had "no explanation." She "heard a lot of this" "through Harry" and "other members of the family."

Now claiming that it was her son was going to be "the first member of color in this family" was "not going to be titled" the same way as other
members of the family.

The title part really exposes her as a phoney actress. She and Harry know pretty well that under the 1917 and 2012 LPs, William's children are the only great-grandchildren of the Queen who were entitled to be Princes/Princesses at birth.

She is clearly playing on the ignorance of the American public about royal titles and styles.

The worst thing is that she knows, she very well knows, that the people on the other side of her accusations will not be able to respond. And she's still doing that.

I think the Royal Family may have to move to remove Harry from the line of succession and take away their titles.

Wow I actually feel sorry for the RF. While I've never been H&M fans (well not for a while since their wedding) I've never actually felt sorry for the RF in all this.

I know it's slightly off topic, The BBC live reporting appear to have stopped. Must have been connection issues.

Archie will get a title when Charles becomes King - as the rules around titles dictate so what she means is they didn't bend the rules for them
This might be a good theory behind that. Maybe after hearing that Archie will not receive royal protection, they wanted the rules bent and him to be given the royal title - which he was not.

But also... Beatrice, Eugenie, Peter, Zara, Louise or James, Viscount Severn do not have protection either and they're completely fine.

It is widely known that Charles has plans for a more scaled down monarchy when he becomes King.

It makes sense that Charles insists that Archie not get a title now and in the future.

The title part really exposes her as a phoney actress. She and Harry know pretty well that under the 1917 and 2012 LPs, William's children are the only great-grandchildren of the Queen who were entitled to be Princes/Princesses at birth.

She is clearly playing on the ignorance of the American public about royal titles and styles.

I'm glad I'm not watching this and am honestly hoping that Charles goes to Parliament and asks them to not give Archie a title since he was looking at scaling back the royal family and the Sussexes don't want to be working royals anyway. Honestly even Wallis had more class than this.

How far gone and spineless has become that allows and does along with this cruel travesty? It’s kicking down people who can’t fight back and it’s his own family!

:previous: It was said to Harry, and he can confirm it.

My God, these fears about what the baby (Archie) would look like is awful. It was said to Harry, and Harry told Meghan. How terrible.

But I remember Robert Jobson on a tv show after Archie was born, and the hosts were sayiing something about Archie looking like Harry. And Robert Jobson said, "Thank God!"

That is an available video to search for. I saw it on YouTube. I was very offended when I heard that. But to realize that these were also concerns by Harry's family members is so disappointing.

Last edited:

She did state at one point that Archie & the other Sussex children will become prince/princesses once Charles becomes king and mentioned what she called the "George V or VI protocols." But that seemed to go right by Oprah who questioned whether Archie's skin color was part of the reason for his lack of a title. The conversation went on so long I had a hard time keeping up and can't remember all the questions & answers. She was very concerned with the fact that without a title Archie was not entitled to security.

Meghan has actually just gone on primetime and claimed her son was not born a prince because someone in the family was concerned his skin would be too dark. Many millions of people will see it and believe it without question.

I cannot lie, it seems that she believes this.

Repeating what I wrote in another post - they are coming so fast and furious its hard to keep with them all!

Meghan did mention that Archie and her unborn child will become prince/princesses once Charles becomes king. She referred to what she called the "George V or VI protocol." But that went right by Oprah who wanted to know if Archie's skin color played a part.

Let's not speculate who asked about the skin tone of Archie.

Yep! That is exactly what all this is about. Playing to ignorance and inciting huge backlash towards the RF.

Holy... God, this is terrible. Charles better have a new LP ready to go on his accession to the throne that limits the HRH to the monarch's children and the heir's children but that anyone previously entitled to the HRH (the Kents, Gloucesters, Yorks and Wessexes) will retain their HRH.

It is widely known that Charles has plans for a more scaled down monarchy when he becomes King.

It makes sense that Charles insists that Archie not get a title now and in the future.

It is not up to Charles or to H&M to decide if Archie should get a title now. Only the Queen can give out or take away princely titles and the current rules about titles are very clear in the LPs of 1917 and 2012.

To imply that had anything to do with Archie's race is preposterous.

Meghan claiming she didn't want to be alive anymore. Okay sure.

I find it very strange as well. When Meghan was talking about loneliness and lack of freedom in the royal family (as Senior working royals), she compared it to coronavirus lockdown! :ohmy:

I put the whole segment here from the BBC live reporting, in case I misinterpreted, but that's very ludicrous.

Meghan talks more about being in the Royal Family, saying that she began to feel lonely after limits were put on the things she could do, for example not being able to go to lunch with her friends.

She says one of the "members of the family" asked her to lay low for a while, but Meghan says she hadn't left the house in months. "I'm everywhere but I am nowhere," she says.

She says at one point, she thought: "Right now I could not feel lonelier."

"I wasn't lonely with him," she says, meaning Prince Harry. "There were moments he had to work, he had to go away, there were moments in the middle of the night. There was very little I was allowed to do.

"Of course that breeds loneliness."

She compares losing her freedom to how people have felt during the past year because of the coronavirus lockdowns.

Thanks all for the comments. I would have wanted to see if her acting deserves an award, maybe later.

I'm a nobody and I would like to think that if tomorrow someone offers me fame to be followed by fortune if only I'd air my family's problems on primetime TV, I would have the class to say no...

She is claiming they will not let her a physiatrist. She had suicidal thoughts

Didn't Diana see a physiatrist while she was still married to Charles? And I believe both William and Harry did as well. So I find this assertion suspect.

If that were to happen it would make the royal family look vindictive.
Yikes that comment about Archie's skin tone. That act of parliament to remove those titles must happen.
The worst thing is that she knows, she very well knows, that the people on the other side of her accusations will not be able to respond. And she's still doing that.

Meghan now saying she was contemplating suicide, and she reached out to the most senior members of the family who told her they could not help her because she "was not a paid member of the Institution."

This does not square, at all, with what Harry has said about the support he has received for his mental health from within the family.

Are we seriously supposed to believe that a member of the RF did not know that Harry married to a biracial woman, might have a child with a darker skin tone? Or are they implying that said member thought that Meghan and Harry had control of what their child’s skin tone would be?

BBC is making out Meghan said the rules over titles were changed while she was pregnant - that can not be right??!

Didn't Diana see a physiatrist while she was still married to Charles? And I believe both William and Harry did as well. So I find this assertion suspect.
Harry publicly admitted that he was seeing a mental health professional to cope with his grief and issues. And now his wife wants us to believe her the BRF did not let her to see anyone when she was having suicidal thoughts while pregnant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom